After Base Assault update - Bugs, glitches, crashes

This is more a suggestion than bug. But it seems with the Landfall update, base items got much lower health, so they’re destroyed very easily.

For me, this means that during base defense, it’s actually better to stay outside the base the whole time, since this draws aggro away from the buildings so they’re not destroyed all the time.

I honestly believe base items should have much higher durability, so that during the fights and pauses in base defense, you would have an honest chance to repair them before they break, even on hard.

Idk.
Where is the fun if you don’t have to repair/rebuild your base?
It’s a challenge to always have enough ressources, to keep your base alive.

It shouldn’t be too easy, therefore it’s ok.

You actually have long breaks between the waves. Assaults on your base just start when you activate them.

And again: it’s a challenge and it should feel like a challenge, even with 4 players.

It’s not the players goal not to lose a single wall. The goal is not to lose the truck in the middle of the base.

Btw. Did anyone try to make a split base? Just three lines of walls around the truck and 3 or 4 small bases around at the usual spawn places?

What do the machines pay more attention for? The truck, the defence or the player(s)?

I don’t have a problem with the current system, all I’m saying is for me it detracts from the experience, since it’s no longer the most viable solution to stay inside the base, but instead to fight outside it.

I don’t really have a problem with this, but I’d prefer to fight from inside my base - but I don’t really see this as an option at this moment. :wink:

This mean more endless grinding to get resources (material an ammo). Repairing and stocking up ammo again makes carry capacity and unuseful ammo a frustration.

Making dumpstation use with lots of loot for base building and defence to match needs of this Red Alert gamestyle is needed now if Base Assault is going to work out well I think.

Images of the cars mentioned before, I can’t remember where they where though.

That’s here:
https://forum.generationzero.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/a/da4579b26d366f2bbacf9f235c783d5de5db3a70.jpeg

For me, the Soviet bases (yellow markings) are missing except for one (soviet recon camp). But have I fulfilled all the tasks and have I already completed them several times or should I have taken something with me?

A base spawned the first day after the patch. Nothing since. I’ve played every day, killing rivals and reapers, grinding the score back up but no base action.

No no no. Those are the Russian Doll cars, obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

it was exactly the same for me, a base after the patch then nothing more, was then threat level 13, reached 14 today after I brought it down to 1, rivals spawn normally, there are now 5 or 6 again but there is no base so far

I’ve noticed that since the update, Rivals are extremely rare now. I leveled up the Farmlands from Threat Level 1 to 17 and I only got 2 Wolf Rivals to spawn, one level 4 and one level 2.

I also had a similar experience in the Marshlands, got it up to Threat Level 10 but no Rivals.

Before Base Assault, Rivals appeared super frequently and I usually had 5-6 before Threat Level 10.

Farmlands:

Marshlands:

Since the latest killing spree of rivals to get the new clothing set, I have now 45 of 56 rivals active so that does not seem a few.

I’ve got all 8 rivals spawn in the forest region (played from region level 3), but 0 base assaults and base defenses. So the rivals spawn and level up for me.

I believe it can be very different across regions. Some regions I have 8 rivals at lvl 13, and some regions I have only 6 rivals at lvl 21.

Can anyone confirm, that the amount of rivals is independent from the amount of fnix bases?

For a reaper you mustn’t have 8 rivals in the same region. Maybe it’s the same with fnix bases?

Does anyone have 8 rivals in forest region AND active fnix bases?

It’s hard to confirm anything, since they never spawn (for me). :sweat_smile: They don’t spawn at 0 rivals, don’t spawn at 3-5 and haven’t yet spawned with 8.

I got 2 bases right in the beginning - think I had 3-5 rivals then. And I don’t think the number of rivals has any impact on FNIX bases - but I’m eagerliyy awaiting some dev response on this…

yes it works with all rivals

Coop via Gamepass (PC): Clients nade launcher hits do not register and no explosion on impact. Only host does damage

Some possible good news.

2 Likes

For which issue exactly? :wink:

I would assume base defense and base assault spawn issues.

2 Likes