Avoid destroying relay beacons?

Trying to level up my regions for reaper spawns (read all about not killing rivals, etc) and read somewhere that relay beacons are spawn points for bots. Is this true, and will the region get more bots/XP if I leave the beacons alone? Or is that wrong? Thanks!

You get EXP for destroying them and they do not respawn. If you leave them, log out, log in, more bots will spawn around them.

If you join a players game who has relay beacons on their map still, and you destroyed yours, your game will carry over the relay beacons and ‘respawn’ them.
;
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Jay, that’s helpful. My question really is: will a region with relay beacons intact spawn more bots than the same region without relay beacons?

Or will the region without any beacons spawn the same number of bots, just more spread out?

The amount of regular machines will be the same.

I suggest not destroying beacons that have Prototype Tanks protecting them.

Thanks Olo, the first part answers my question… would you mind explaining the second a little more?

I guess from here:

If you kill the tank, you’ll get quite a bit of points towards region score, the most per single machine, which is:
128 points - tank (proto)
160 points - tank (military)
192 points - tank (FNIX)
224 points - tank (apocalypse)

And if you keep the relay beacon intact, next time when you Continue your game, the same tank is back, guarding it’s relay beacon, giving you good source of machines to farm region score points.

3 Likes

Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the explanation

1 Like

With question answered, i’ll lock this topic.

//Mod