Best combat locations (Post-December Update)

Check the locations mentioned above and Most of the Farmlands.
And don´t forget, after you “clear” a location it will take t least more than a Hour for the machines to respawn, i´m not sure

If you destroy a seeker with a melee weapon it’s almost certain that he will drop a Comm Array Lure. With that you can, guess what, lure more machines to the fight.

I for one appreciate any and all suggestions but the simple fact of the matter is the machines have completely, ridiculously, been NERFED.

“Hey, do you have any machines in your game about killing machines?”

I haven’t done MP for ages and my world was empty of relay beacons as well. However, November '20 update respawned all the relay beacons in my game. And knowing the trick with relay beacons since October '19 update (when Rivals came), i haven’t destroyed any since.

I suppose I will adopt that strategy, for any new beacon that will appear in the future. Why the difference in multiplayer (beacon respawn) and singleplayer (no beacon respawn)?

My best guess, it’s a bug left in the game code.

In perfect game, no relay beacon should ever respawn. And if all players would play solo, none would respawn, unless respawned by game update.

Following is speculation on my part:
When you play solo, game keeps track of relay beacons and which ones you’ve destroyed, so that when you Continue your game, relay beacons that you haven’t found, are generated in your game.
However, when you join MP game and host has his/hers relay beacons intact, your game client relay beacon counter gets overwritten by the counter host had. So, when you go back to your solo game, game generates the same amount of relay beacons in your solo game again.

1 Like

Exactly what she said @Gysbert
So to respawn them you have to play with someone who has most of the relay beacons still up and running.
That was how i got many of them to respawn, making things more fun.

I was trying to avoid going into the multiplayer. Keeping my game clean of any changes that might introduce problems. So far this worked out and the game gave me very little problems. I will stick to my strategy of no-multiplayer.

3 Likes

Not sure about “fixed” hotspots, like the old ANL 118 and Bockhyttan…
But I found one real hornet’s nest on the north-eastern corner of F23 Överby Air Base, just outside the fence.

There was a relay beacon right outside the fence, which could explain it.
The beacon was guarded by a FNIX Tank, a FNIX Harvester, 5 FNIX Runners and 4 FNIX Hunters.
In the field right beside them, there was an armada of 2 Apocalypse Harvesters and 3 FNIX Tanks, accompanied by probably 15 Hunters of the two top tiers.

The picture does not show them all!

I have deleted my characters and started a new game, so I was just lvl. 11.
I also hadn’t brought my KVM 59, just the AG4, so I considered simply avoiding them.

Nah, what the heck! The AG4 would have to do the job! Prepare to suffer, reload button!
I naturally went for the Harvesters first, and they managed to increase the Hunter army a good bit before I got them. Not sure about the final bodycount. The picture doesn’t even show half the battle.

3900 + 6800 XP took me halfway to lvl. 13 instantly. :star_struck:

(Notable loot: 5 crown AG4)

5 Likes

I have a really hard time finding any enemies these days. I have never been running around this much in this game encountering absolutely nothing.
Sure there are some ‘semi-safe’ locations, but to me it feels like they have messed up for players like myself that has played through all content and missions.

I kid you not, I spent at the very least 80% of my playtime now just looking for the enemy. That gets boring really fast.

Not only do they need to increase the general spawns, they need to be more random (get rid of the ridiculous fixed locations, or at the very least, don’t make them so bloody obvious), and they need to repopulate old mission areas (like bunkers, for example).

All the devs need to do, is reverting the change that overpopulated Farmlands.

Check the locations in my guide, and most of Farmlands is our playground of destruction.

Couldn´t they just add some machines to other locations but in lesser number than the ones present on Farmlands?
That would be the ideal solution.
I remember that before December 2019 there were machines in most places, you were never safe (archipelago does not count).

Without knowing what is going on behind the curtain, but what i’ve observed: I think there is fixed number of machines coded in the game. E.g 500 or so, that is spawned in the game when you Continue your game. And these are the random roam spawns, excluding fixed spawns and mission specific spawns.

Before, it used to be where each region had more-or-less the same amount of machines in them. E.g 100 per region or so.
November '20 update (Reaper) skewed the machine spawn system, by putting bulk of the machine amount in the Farmlands. Due to this, there aren’t many left for other regions, which we see now. Currently, it’s like so where there are e.g 400 in Farmlands and 10 in other regions, per region.

Though, i’m not sure if devs can increase the “fixed number of machines”, without making the game unplayable on weaker hardware (consoles).

2 Likes

Granhygget, Forest Region. Got 3-4 good fights there. Usually couple seeker flying around.

Lately I find that machines are spawning right where I am, which is to say I see them spawn. Which I never had before, other than the Harvester calls for help spawns. For instance: When I sneak into Ängsnäs Manor stables to loot the Dumping stations unseen, and inadvertently trip the alarm, Hunters spawn right out of thin air in front of me. I think, it would be nicer if the game would check where the player is, and spawn out of their view.

That is scripted into the game. That’s why machines magically appear in that specific loc.

There are other such scripted locs;
One that comes 1st to my mind is The Bridge main mission (Marshlands). Once you reach the edge of a bridge, several runners and hunters are spawned in behind you, at the start of the bridge (to imitate you walking into ambush).
Another one is at the end of New Cycles main mission (South Coast). EBBA v.2.0 is spawned in once the artillery goes “boom”.
When thinking about it, yet another came to my mind: In the Fighting For Future side mission (South Coast), Austin is spawned in once you take out 2nd data center.
And there are even more. No point for me to list them all here.

Though, i haven’t seen random roam machines magically spawn in the game but i’ve seen once how harv and it’s hunters despawned well before they were out of my vision range. All three were alive and walking away from me.

Same!! It get’s so annoying

St. Maria Church - West
Farmlands NW into FOA
Three Windmills
Bokkayyan Docks ( NE Himfjall )

Machine spawns were switched around with the December update, to prevent them from clustering certain areas. So now they cluster other areas instead :smile:

I can recommend the windmills in the North Coast region, everytime I go there I walk into huge battles.
The two Tanks that used to spawn there are back, usually with some backup.

2 Likes