Bicycle Problems

Hello Bug team

I just downloaded the latest update 25/08/2022 and all seems fine except for the bicycle.

The movement keys have changed, that’s actually not an issue as I always wanted them to be the same keys as my default movement keys so that’s a plus, thanks for finally fixing that.

The problem is the “Dismount Key” won’t work, I have it mapped to Backspace and it just won’t dismount, I checked and it works perfectly fine everywhere else, text, browsers etc… just won’t dismount the rider, the only way to get off the bike is to crash it into something, also I can’t remap it to any other key, it’s stuck on “Backspace”, tried a full restart of the game and a cold restart the OS, nothing works, please fix, I love my bike rides :-).

My System:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor, 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM: 32.0 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H1
Installed on: 30/‎09/‎2020
OS build: 19043.1889
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

2 Likes

I am having the same experience with my “Dismount Key” as well.
Great description of the bug @HAMMA-HEAD well done.

I run my game on a Windows 11 Operating system, Steam account.

Also! I agree mapping the vehicle movement keys to the walking keys is a well-received change.
I also like that it is more forgiving with not crashing so often. Just need a reliable way to get off the bike now!

bumping in hopes that it makes the hot fix!!!

Bicycle dismount is hard coded to whatever you have set to be your interaction button. No way to change it from what I’ve found.

Yes you are correct the “Interaction key” is the key used to dismount the bike. Thank you for sharing.

I still consider this a bug seeing that within the Key Binding screen there is a “dismount” key binding option, and that pressing the “Interaction key” to dismount is not intuitive enough to the player to be considered to be left as the default key binding to dismount.

Once again thank you for sharing this information.

1 Like

For me the interaction key is perfect on ps5.
I’ve set up my right backpaddle for square, so I can now hop on and off easier than before. :+1:

Sounds like a good key to bind your “Dismount Key” to.

Thanks for the reply, I havent played for a while and just started back into it and the interaction key works perfectly, cheers for the answer :slight_smile: