Break and enter into building (flowershop in Östervik)

I found this reddit post about someone entering a building that is not yet officially in the game. I tried to reproduce the steps as described, and managed to enter myself. It’s the Flowershop in Östervik that you can break into through the windows on the top floor, and for some reason it is packed with loot!

Most likely, the loot has designated spawns there just like it would in a normal house.

Unfortunately… I’m growing more convinced that using the Field Radio trick counts as an exploit. You’re clearly not meant to be there, judging by that non-existencial stairwell. And that’s not the intended use of the Field Radio, either.

Remember, the Code of Conduct clearly states;

It is strictly prohibited to exploit any bug in the service or in any Avalanche Studios product to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicating the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user.

I won’t give out any infractions, but I’m going to place this topic in bug reports, and send it to the devs. See if they can fix the loot spawning in there, and maybe do something about the Field Radio trick as well.

I am worried they would disable the field radio function completely by “fixing” this trick. Actually this bug is not giving people any advantage beside of some fun, I’ve seen this kind of “exploiting” in every game using the Havoc engine.

IHMO I believe this makes this game even more interesting - to reach unreachable places just to see what’s in there…

My 2c

3 Likes

Alright so, I’ve had a word with the higher echelons and the consensus is this;

Using the Field Radio to reach areas that are otherwise unreachable by means of normal gameplay is not allowed to be discussed on the forums, because it falls within exploit territory.

Like so, reaching areas not achievable by normal gameplay like, launching yourself with gas canisters to the other islands is also prohibited from being discussed on the boards.

However, simply climbing or parkouring to explore rooftops and the like, is fine.

Posts concerning these exploits have been removed.

//Mod

1 Like