Collectible idea

The items we collect in game. Gnomes, horses, tape cassettes and schematics. I just had an idea. The items we collect could we use in the game?

Gnomes. I’d like to craft and equip a gnome with a bomb. Maybe each gnome is a varied throwable. Sticky gnome, bomb…etc

Horses. Horse can be dropped and they will do things like one having wheels on it and it can be remotely controlled

Or maybe both gnomes and horses can be many varieties of craft and gnomes be a throw and horse be placed only.

Cassettes we can interact by clicking on them to play in game music songs.

Schematics we could build a fake bot that attracts other bots with a greater visual attraction than sirens. Or maybe the schematic can let us rebuild a bot that can be used remotely or be partly restored with a distress system on.

Just a fun idea for the future

Schematics do have an actual use. If you perk into the spotting intelligence skill (first row of the right tree, left column) you can see details on any bots you look at through the binoculars. Having the blueprint gives you fine-grained details about what components are where and how much remaining health each component has.

Getting music off of the mixtapes would be awesome.

Both Dala horses and garden gnomes are pretty iconic emblems of Sweden, so it makes sense to have them in the game somehow, but I really feel that they don’t need to be more than that (and they do give some XP and an achievement/trophy for collecting all of each).

3 Likes

I know. I’m heading towards more craft creational concept. Like to me since I got them all. Particularly the hunter. It be neat since I have knowledge of them, using a down hunter into an exo suit like in “Aliens”. That kind of extra. But good out reaching to me and anyone else. The gnomes I get it and it’s nice to see it. I also know most fable mythical beings were created by the northerners such as the Sweden culture. Harpies, trolls, gnomes, fairies…

it would just be funny to strap a bomb to a stickied up rainbow or gold gnome and throw it on a tank center that looks like a head and yell eat the gnome you big sob!. Just some added fun and humor.

I know. I’m heading towards more craft creational concept. Like to me since I got them all. Particularly the hunter. It be neat since I have knowledge of them, using a down hunter into an exo suit like in “Aliens”. That kind of extra. But good out reaching to me and anyone else.

I think crafting of some sort would be a great addition to the game (I’d love to be able to convert flares between regular and sticky), but I don’t honestly think collectibles should be tied to it in any way, except possibly the blueprints helping with weapon upgrades or the mix-tapes giving you custom audio tracks for boomboxes.

I also know most fable mythical beings were created by the northerners such as the Sweden culture. Harpies, trolls, gnomes, fairies…

Strictly speaking, the only ‘modern’ mythological beings in general western culture to have decisively Scandanavian or Norse origin are trolls (but what we now think of are not what trolls traditionally were, but this is not uncommon, see the Greek daemons or Arabian jinn for other good examples). Harpies are Grecco-Roman (though other cultures have equivalents, for example the Slavic sirin), gnomes are a Renaissance concept, and fairies are a muddled amalgamation of dozens of similar but distinct beings from all over Europe. Dwarves come close (and, by the way, are what most garden gnomes are actually based on), but they’re more generically Germanic and not strictly Norse.

I thought the wrong name for the creature that I stated harpy. I don’t remember the name of the Norse mythological creature they’re known to be out in sea and attack Fisher men. I hope you don’t cut an paste this post too. Lol

OK now you’ve got me curious. I thought I had a reasonably good knowledge of Norse mythology, but that one’s new to me.

Also, sorry about the copy-pasting. I’m mostly used to replying to e-mail on mailing lists, and having the context there is generally considered a good thing.

I had a girl friend 20 years ago, huge into it. She had all theses books and sketches of these creatures. She told me more than half of mythological creatures come from northern hemisphere. It was a trip seeing their versions of trolls, elves and all that stuff. Even small nature like creatures. That was 4 almost 5 years of seeing and hearing her huge fascination.

No your ok I’m just teasing on the cut an pasting. I don’t have a pc anymore… 6 years now since my accident and not replacing my video card. Using the iPhone is a bit more of a task to me. It just shows your a badass compares to me on the forum, lol.

Yeah, comparative mythology is a fascinating subject. It’s kind of creepy at times how similar things from opposite ends of the world can be (for example, a story of a giant flood early on in the history of the world is a remarkably common theme throughout a huge variety of mythologies, especially in desert cultures).

Right. What gets me is seeing science today account for a massive flood which is also accounted in religious doctrines in Judaism, Hinduism and others as well of fables and myths.
Similarities are a trip even different mythology legends having similar God head deities in a general concept of heaven to hell like figures or places. What gets me is how the ancients b.c. Cultures knew things even before such as seeing stars the naked eye can’t with astronomy to understanding of agriculture and mastering forming of composition materials such as concrete. It’s a crazy past filled with mystery. Only if we had a time machine to see what life was like then. Or findings about things like Dino’s shown imagines on pottery and caves only thousands of years and not billions. Makes you wonder all sorts.

Ideas About Vehicles I and another guy speak about some car ideas and crafting items.

1 Like

I realise you guys are enjoying the discussion but unless it’s about Feedback and Feature Requests it’s very off-topic. Maybe a something for the Off-Topic forum?

the schematics help with the spotting skill so maybe they could add perks or rewards for finding the others, find a couple gnomes and get clothes, after finding them all you have an entire gnome costume.

1 Like