Contradicting weapon damage info

If you need “backup pest repelling gun” - go for AK. This is basically SMG with almost rifle cartridge, fine control at iron sights, swift reloading. Big plus that it share ammo with MAG.

Depending on your build and your handling, anything can go. Sometimes “just 5*” is better option than experimental. Like I have no problem with EDC’ing exp. G3, but it has weird zero/ballistics in comparison with it’s 5* version. They may be same, but I just can’t land hits as consistently as with “standart” gun.

Regarding FNC - don’t expect laser-point accuracy and stability, but it still far better at handling than G3.
Problem is in “how good are you at keeping that p**s stream at your intented target”. 5,56 may be good for “soft targets”, but we are fighting hard mechs, so…

@AliasDJA Agreed. Everyone has a slightly, or vastly different playstyle. You just gotta go with what feels best to you. :slight_smile:

I gave the AG5 another fair try yesterday. I first played 1,5 hour with the AG5, then switched to the AG4 for the next 1,5 hour. All the while I focused on hunting down Runners, engaging them at close to mid ranges with an ACOG or the 1-4 scope. Hands down, AG4 wins every time in my opinion. I have 2 points in recoil handling which is great of course, and the AG4’s recoil is not that bad to begin with. It’s fire rate is just perfect. I can keep it set on full-auto and still have a sensitive enough trigger finger to only fire single shots when I want to. Runners fall like flies, often from less than 5 bullets (Skirmish). I tried the exact same tactics with the AG5, and I’m able to note a few differences. It’s faster fire rate makes it harder to stay on a small target, despite it’s lower recoil. It also has a lot more trouble knocking off the Runner’s armor plate. Overall, I find it requires more ammo and more time spent pr. Runner killed than the AG4. :slight_smile:

@Aesyle I could always give the HP5 a try. What sold me on the exp. Kpist is it’s ability to take out even a FNIX class Hunter in 1 full magazine, and quickly too! I like that the SMG’s are accurate enough to hip-fire at close ranges. I guess the HP5 requires a few more bullets pr. machine and a bit more reloading than the Kpist, but I’ll have to try to get a feel for it. :wink:

@DeadWanderer What I said above. :point_up:
I have also given the AI-76 a fair try, back a while ago. But my reasons for picking AG4 over AG5 also count in comparing the AI-76. The “AK” is of course better in some situations, like when you’re surrounded and spraying away at close targets. Overall, the AG4 suits my needs more often. Keep in mind that the KVM 59 is my main weapon, and I want a secondary that does good at what the KVM does not. What shall I say? A gun that reloads quickly, and still packs a punch, and is more precise at mid ranges? :slight_smile:

Thanks for your inputs. :wink:

HP5 has the ability for semi-auto fire. Ideal to take out Seekers with single shot into their thruster or popping unaware ticks. :+1: Also, the ammo consumption isn’t as high as it is with Kpist.

1 Like