Crash on startup on PC (Dangerous Experiments Update)

Platform: PC

Description: Game Crash at Launch

Steps To Reproduce: Double click the shortcut for the game, and wait about 30 seconds.

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: None

Players in your game: Um? Zero, i guess

Specifications: Windows 10, GTX 1060 fully updated drivers

Game was working fine the day before the last patch. Like, literally hours before. I closed out, went to bed, woke up, and the game was no longer functional. I have 127 hours in game and have never had an issue prior to the last patch.

Hi,

Did you use any mods at some time?
Which cpu do you have?

Try doing a clean re-install (manually removing the game folder after uninstalling via Steam) and moving the save files to another folder.

Save files are located in My Documents/Avalanche Studios/Generation Zero/Saves.

Then boot up the game again. If the problem still persists then, Iā€™ll poke the devs about it.

Also, modders, remember to remove the launch options from shortcuts or Steam game properties.

Have tried that, problem still not fixed(tried to reinstall and run game with clear saves folder, than with copied old saves).
Platform - PC;
System - Windows 10 home, version 22h2; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050; Intel Core i3-7100.
P.S.
Situation as in previous posts: game was working fine, but after latest update it keeps crashing before the main menu appears.
P.P.S.
Also did not use any mods, played the vanilla version.

Maybe itā€™s the cpu.
Refering to steams system requirements an i5 is minimum required, an i7 recommended.

I donā€™t know if this changedā€¦ And @Zesiir already wrote that it is still working on his i3, but itā€™s at least suspicious, that now some users with an i3 are reporting these crashes.

Who cares?
Minimum system requirements tell:

Processor: Intel i5 Quad Core . Memory: 8 GB RAM. Graphics: nVidia GTX 660 / ATI HD7870 - 2GB VRAM / IntelĀ® Irisā„¢ Pro Graphics 580. Storage: 35 GB available space.

Everything below is luck.

Hello, after the update 12.12.2022, I canā€™t log in to the game. When loading the game, an error occurs, due to these I canā€™t even go to the main menu. I ask you to take measures to fix this problem, as I really like your project.

The difference isnā€™t just in speed, but in architecture, features,ā€¦

Donā€™t ask me why systemic reaction is using just the name of the cpu and the number of cores. They might have reasons.

A similar problem and iron is similar. Updated and reinstalled everything possible. Judging by the log, the client does not connect to the server.

Translated.
//Mod

@badgerbobr has a point. But, this isnā€™t a discussion topic.

Canā€™t you play Generation Zero on PC offline, too? Try to disconnect from the internet and start the game again.

Hello, after the update 12.12.2022, I canā€™t log in to the game. When loading the game, an error occurs, due to these I canā€™t even go to the main menu. I ask you to take measures to fix this problem, as I really like your project.

Windows 11, CPU: AMD10 7078K, 16 GB of ram, RX 560 4 GB, all drivers from AMD and Windows are update.
I also read that people who received the game for free without having played it also have the same problem

Same. Vanilla game, fresh install, game worked Sunday, game did not work Monday. Only change was the patch.

Hello I have the same problem, before the update played without problems :frowning:

Cleaned up thread a bit. Remember, this is a report thread, not a discussion thread.

:broom:

//Mod

2 Likes

After the last update December 12, 2022, the game began to crash immediately after launch. Previously, before that, no crashes never occurred. Platform: Windows 7 64-bit, CPU Pentium G3460, RAM 16 GB, Graphics: nVidia GTX 570 Twin Frozr III.

P.S. nvidia Driver, VC++ redist, .net Framework, etc. is up-to-dateā€¦

What should I to do ? Thanks !

Dominator MSI with 32 gig ram, gtx 1060. game installed to ssdrive with over 1 tb space.
Game worked before updateā€¦ now game will constantly crash ā€¦

Game starts,ā€¦ screen shows the 4 square dots and then the two wheels at bottom roght of screen. then game stopsā€¦ and PC will have message programme failed blar blarā€¦ windows looking for a solutionā€¦ etc ā€¦ etc.
Sometimes game will load to the main option screen ā€¦then crashes to desktop.
ALL game play is in ā€˜single playā€™. All play is keyboard and mouse.
Processesā€¦
re installed through steamā€¦twice . once to ssd drive ā€¦second install to standard drive.
removed my saved files.
checked all driver are updates.

Š—Š“рŠ°Š²ŃŃ‚Š²ŃƒŠ¹Ń‚Šµ. Š¢Š° Š¶Šµ ŠæрŠ¾Š±Š»ŠµŠ¼Š°. ŠœŠ¾Š¹ ŠæŠ¾ŃŃ‚: Game crashes immediately after launch
ŠŸŠ¾ŃŠ¼Š¾Ń‚Ń€ŠøŠ¼ - чтŠ¾ Š¾Ń‚Š²ŠµŃ‚ŃŃ‚ рŠ°Š·Ń€Š°Š±Š¾Ń‚чŠøŠŗŠøā€¦