Deployable sentry turret and more Traps

Would the tripod have some kind of armor on, or around it, or would it just be plain? Because logically speaking, it would have some kind of armor, just because…well…huge bots are shooting at you.

Maybe there could be two different kinds of tripod. One armored (longer setup and/or reload time, in exchange for better protection). And another one thats unarmored but faster setup and/or reload time.

Or, as a third option, it could depend on the gun, ammo capacity, etc.

When i was writing my idea, i visioned it as a plain tripod.

Though, my tripod idea is better suited for MP, since other player(s) can distract the machine(s) while you’re shooting at it with your tripod mounted LMG. Or vice-versa.
For SP, that feature is more of a hindrance since you don’t have no-one to draw machine(s) attention away from you. Unless you throw flares/fireworks.

As far as armor goes, that is more of a visual eyecandy than actually effective protection. Because during my entire time in GZ, machines always find a way to hit you; either directly with bullets, rockets splash damage or mortars from above.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Plans for base building?

Discussion moved to proper topic.

//Mod

Aloha making my first post in here :slight_smile:

My ideas are:

1. being able to make shock/ explosive tripwires

2. more mine types e.g. self made ones with nails or sth

3. remote detonation stuff like c4 etc

pls lemme know what u think - also this is a suggestion for the devs to add to the game :slight_smile:

Traps are very cool and useful especially at the beguinning where you dont have strong weapons and less ammo. They work very good against groups of runners and lower tier hunters.
The problem is have is that the further you go the less useful they become.
That is because of two reasons I see:
1st: Damage pontential of explosives
Propane tanks and fuel cells from machines do work for runners and hunters up to fnix tier. I would say above that you need more of what you usually carry (lets say 5-8 tanks). Large fuel cells do a little bit more damage but also weigh more. You can combine them with bigger explosive tanks or cars to do more damage. But they do just not enough damage to use them effectivly in late game. I cant remember when Pontus even pick up a propan tank. Probably most players do rather carry 5 kg more ammo for their exp weapons and to more damge with them.
But even if the damage would be higher we still have the second problem.

2nd: Ways to attract enemies.
We have radios and seeker lures and thats it. Both do work for fast enemies that immediatelly react and run towards the location like runners and hunters. They are almost useless to attract harvesters and tanks. Harvesters are just no fast enough and Tanks just run somewhere but not to the radio. They have in general a rather random movement pattern.
Flares are not very suitable because the enemies stay at a distance and fire at the flare.

So what I imagine is higher damage for large fuel cells so that you can do significant damage to machines. I also would like to see a gas tank with combustable gas. If you shoot at it the gas make a bigger cloud and mix with oxygen and become explosive. Now when you shoot on a machine that stands in the cloud the sparks will ignite the gas and it will detonate like the fire wall attack of apo tanks or Reaper.
To attract machines better the boom box could play the sound twice as long.
Since Harvesters are so slow we need a different way to attract them. I’m thinking about the cpu of a Tank for example or some other valuable components you could take from destroyed machines (maybe the Heads of Hunters and runners). If you place those on the ground the Harvester tries to salvage them and moves towards them.
For Tanks we could maybe use a comunication module of harvesters that we manipulate so that it calles for help for a longer time. That could be a good way to plausible attract Tanks.

Regarding the sentury gun I’m not a big fan of it to be honest. If they are as useful as hacked machines it would be a waste of time to build them and carry them arround. If they shoot like hacked machines they would not target compoents and therefore do almost no damage. The only use I see is to attract machines. If they are destroyable they are gone in seconds since they are stationary. I would rather invest the programming time in making a pet runner which is movable.

First i enjoy the Ksp 89 and N60 and impress by quality of model and animation.

I may not be the only one playing solely as Support/Gunner role and with the add of “prone”
I think be able deploying your LMG on ground and cars,rock,etc will be a great addition.

My idea is the bonus given should be:Less recoil with accurate automatic fire, trade off to be unable disengage quickly.

Most of LMG have bipod already the Ksp 89 have none or in folded position as it should be with no heat shield but i’m neat picking here.

i’m curious to see how many player think it will be a good adition :slight_smile:

Same feature request (tripod/bipod) topics merged.

//Mod

created an account to reply to this, but i run a spotting skill tree. that means the damage boost perks, hacker, all that jazz. a crossbow would be fun for me, as i’m already playing support, rather than full on damage. i’m currently using a .50 cal, and when me and my buddy get on the spotter role is fun.