Do Skill Point bonuses stack?

Hello!
I’ve had this dumb doubt for a while and I’m not the greatest observer to tell by eyeballing the differences, so are skill percentages stackable?
For instance: Weapon Sway is reduced by 15% at Level 1, 30% at level 2 and 45% at level 3. If I max it, is the final result a 45% or a 90% decrease?

With this specific skill, the max sway reduction would remain at 45%.

Also, rather than investing 2 skill points to get the 45% sway reduction, you can unlock following skills, including Marksman specialization, which completely removes any sway what-so-ever.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up!
And yes, in that particular perk I imagined the logical thing would be to top it at 40% to make Marksman worth the bother.
Do all the other skills work the same way or are there any exceptions?

One thing that i’m not sure of (and can’t test reliably either) is combination of: Chemist, Armor and Vanguard.

Chemist gives 10% gas resistance. Armor lvl1 gives 10% bullet; lvl2 10% explosive; lvl3 10% gas resistance and Vanguard gives 25% resistance to all damage.

If they all add up; having all three with Armor at lvl3, would give you: 35% bullet, 35% explosive, 45% gas and 25% of everything else resistance.

Of course, since you can now craft resistances on clothing items as well, i don’t know if those add to the skills as well. They should but since we can craft only 1% resistance right now, it’s very hard, if not impossible to test the difference.

I have the impression that they do. I am using that exact combination in one character and he can take a lot more damage than the other ones with different builds.

I’m hoping the crafting system gets updated eventually, only 1% protection might be realistic for a cotton shirt but if that’s all we got then we might as well have no crafting at all =P

We now have only 1* schematics to work with and as seeing how item tiers work in the game, we should be getting 2*, 3*, 4* and 5* schematics as well, increasing the protection bonus. Though, most what i think we could get with 5* schematic is 5% bonus.
I explained it more in here: Do Schematics Stack?

1 Like