Experimental weapons too powerful

I feel that experimental weapons have stripped this game of using any kind of tactics, throwing decoys and other weapons pointless now. Please please remove or nerf them, maybe long recharge time between shots. Experimental weapon = endgame

Then do not use them. I made that choice leveling up my latest character. Your game your choice. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As said, you don’t need to use them. You don’t even need to pick them up! :smirk:

On Guerilla difficulty, you need all the firepower you can get… You’re not playing on Adventure, are you? :thinking:

5 Likes

EXP weapons are still easily overpowered on every difficulty. Not even a question about that.

EXP weapons def need a reblance. Nerfs and buffs.
The argumetn that, “you do not need to use them”, enables the devs to be lazy.

This can be said about anything.
Bugs? Do not play
Huimjfall crashes? Do not go there.

I do not personally agree with removing them or having a cooldown. But there are other options.

3 Likes

EXP weapons are still easily overpowered on every difficulty. Not even a question about that.

Sorry, I do not agree with that. Ramp up the difficulty to Skirmish and higher and you are concentrating on dodging fire from multiple directions and not standing there pouring fire into oncoming enemies.

EXP weapons def need a reblance. Nerfs and buffs.
The argumetn that, “you do not need to use them”, enables the devs to be lazy.

As said before. The weapon choices are generous in-game. If you don’t like a weapon type do not use it. Just don’t request removing or affecting that option for others who do use them. Dev’s are not lazy. Not at all.

I might not like the 5.56mm weapons because they do far less damage per round that a 7.62mm weapon. I am not demanding they remove those 5.56mm weapons. Nor, if my preference was 5.56mm rather than 7.62mm as I thought the bigger calibre were over powered. I would not expect/request the Dev’s reduce the damage done by 7.62mm weapons.

This can be said about anything.
Bugs? Do not play
Huimjfall crashes? Do not go there.

Bugs affect everyone. Himfjall crashes affect all those who bought the DLC. Those issues need to be fixed. So no, those are not similar in any way.

There certainly are. We provided a viable, valid option to you above. Do not use them.

Enjoy using the finely crafted 5c weapons gained by hard work taking out tough opponents. I did for my latest character build and enjoyed the process immensely. That is a valid current in-game option for your or anyone else’s game.

6 Likes

Needing to dodge does not make certain EXP weapons less powerful than they already are.
Not sure what game you are playing but on the highest diff with scaling the PVG is still just so much better than every weapons bar shock ammo.

Debatable.

Good point. However something wrong with it. 7.62 weapons are so much stronger than 5.56 because 5.56 is just weak, not the 7.62 being strong. 7.62 fits very well into the “meta” of the game. I myself would advocate for a slight 5.56 buff. But thats not the discussion.

This is in contrast to where the 5c weapons are more or less balanced. Taking a decent amount of time and effort to use them to kill enemies. Where certain EXP weapons (mostly only 1 maybe 2 imo to be exact) are just so much better than everything else.

The EXP PVG for example is just 100x better than the base PVG.

Now I really honestly do not care for a nerf of EXP weaons. What I mostly care about is a rebalance of the relative power between each weapon.

I think the EXP weapons are great fun and love using them. That is why I stated they needed nerfs and buffs. (mostly buffs). They are meant to be the powerful weapons in the game and frankly some of them do not really reach that. I do however think a few have a too large disparity between their 5c counterparts. I guess you could state my position on the matter as the middle ground.

1 Like

?

In my almost 3 years of playing GZ, my game has probably crashed 15-20 times…

4 Likes

I agree with this. People who think that the weapons are overpowered, do not consider other players who aren’t that quick anymore in their reactions as they used to be when young. I see it with my children, they often easily manoeuvres through a game’s obstacles, where as I take much longer to get past those. For me the experimental weapons assure that the game does not become a chore. Without the experimental weapons I wouldn’t have had as much fun with the game as I have now.

7 Likes

In some points i agree with that. Because you need the exp weapon at the "Defend the Hotel Mission when you are single player. In this point you must make a quick fight.

I have startet a new game from the scratch and actually I#m on the way with a blue AK4 a blue Glock and a blue HK5 SMG. They worked fine for me. I took my fartest Killshot with the blue PVG 90 on the Airfield. I took down a Runner at 380 m. The first missions i played with the Shotgun from the Church (Old Bethan) the green Meusser and the green AK4 what i found at the Lumberjacks Barrack behind the Church. After i had cleared up the Minken Bunker i gained the blue one. It is really fun to fight with that weapons and I’m enjoying to play the game. The only thing is that the fear factor is a little away because you know what comes and you play with more skills than the first time. The one who found the exp weapons overpowered should take the low tier weapons. At the first Time i played the game i fougt most of the time with a golden AK4 what i got as present from a random player. I think there is no use to make the exp weapons more weak.

5 Likes

Personally, I would say the 5.56 actually
performs accuratelly against steele, but they probably could do a little better against components.

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t disagree, if they would change the exp KVM59 to a exp KVM89 with the same features/abilities.

I like the exp KVM59, but I would like to have an exp weapon with 5.56 instead of two with 7.62.

Perhaps adding the KVM89 to the experimental listing then :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I see it it’s not as simple as if you don’t like them don’t use them. Because other people will. So the best option in my opinion is to allow the one who owns the game world to be able to set rules by klicking boxes like exp weapons on/off.
That way in my game world there will be no exp weapons used because i think they are too powerful and I like the 80s feeling with regular weapons. As it is now I play with no one allowed to join. Because there is always someone using exp weapons. If I join another persons game that’s fine with me because its hos och hers game. But being able to set parameters would take away much of the debate about them being op. And you could set other things like amount of lot available, fast travel on/off and so on.

2 Likes

“Don’t like em don’t use em”

Lots of games and their communities will argue this statement. It just boils down to skills of players. While the more skilled player can use anything to best even the hardest of foes, more casual players need those power weapons as they have less time on the game. Everyone has a right to an opinion on how they feel about the game, but removing or nerfing things is not fair to everyone. Truth is play the game how you wanna play it, the game isn’t forcing you to use anything. Not everyone here enjoys melee but you’ll see my dumb a** run up to tank with an experimental sledge for fun, or ill set the perfect ambush with an alarm, Large EMP, and a mine to trigger it.

A good idea for host settings like Terrorrobot suggested but also allow it for players who wish to search servers for games to join. This way they know when they go to join a non EXP server they know ahead of time. It would suck to the be player who joins a server to find out their EXP weapons are disabled when they joined a random server.

One random info though, a .50 caliber rifle in real life would be super effective against these machines. They punch through armor especially if they used depleted uranium tipped rounds.

2 Likes

@Fwerkie
I agree with you that the 5.56 Ammo works as expected. @NJR87 did an impressive Post what a 5.56 and a 7.62 round can do. Look at this Post 5.56 vs. 7.62 - A real-life, visual comparison

2 Likes

Yeah I remember that post, It as quite in formative.

1 Like