Finished Alpine Unrest Not One Achievement Unlocked (XBOX)

That’s a lot easier!

Do you know what’s the problem with what we have among with other players for DLC?

MotorexGTR32 You mention that 2 of your friends are also having the same problem. Did they also have the same issue with not being able to start the DLC without the work around? I suspect this is what’s causing the issue so if you could confirm that it would help the dev’s out a lot, thanks

2 Likes

Yep, @Radiant_Flames and @LadyNibiru (both Xbox players)

1 Like

Excellent ,thanks for confirming that information, it should help the dev’s alot with addressing the issue

1 Like

Noted, thanks guys! :pray:

Avalanche_knivspark

I think I may have an idea as to what actually caused the issue. As stated above when I was in my friend game and “Not Alone” popped up, it said only the host would save progress (shown in my screen shot here)

I think this is what has caused the issue even though we were able to start and finish the DLC in our own games (solo) using the work around, I suspect the bug is triggered/caused by the game saying that only the host would save progress if that makes sense. The game didnt recognize that I was ahead of the host (as it should have saved if Im ahead of the host in regards to missions) and the part about not saving progress has carried over to our game for some reason with regards to the achievements.

2 Likes

I suspected that as well but the problem is Not Alone mission never appears in our game the first time. No choice but forced us to join multiplayer. I had exact same problem that I’d join somebody else’s and we both finish Not Alone mission but he get the credit because he’s the host.

Now I quit and back to solo. Not Alone mission shown up finally and I had to redo the mission again. This time, no achievement.

The main issue is why we didn’t get the mission show up when we got to play the dlc for the first time.

I have the opposite issue. I’ve had 3 achievement pop in multiplayer for stuff for things I’ve not yet done!?

However I got the “Secrets Locked Away” achievement last night while completing it in multiplayer (I wasn’t the host) so it seems doubly odd that it didn’t pop for you.

There seems to be lots of inconsistency with these bugs. And yes, my DLC mission didn’t appear and I ‘unlocked’ it by jumping into multiplayer.

I really hope they manage to resolve these issues.

1 Like

OBiW4NSHiNOBi yes I have a theory that jumping into co-op again with my friend that helped with the work around and doing the DLC a second time with him in his game (his first time) might unlock the achievements but I am unable to test this yet as I’m waiting for him to get back online. Either way the dev’s will still need to release some kind of patch to stop this happening to anyone else.

From what I can tell there is at least 2 issues here that need to be addressed:

1. Not being able to start the DLC in the first place if you already had finished the base game.
  2. Not being able to unlock achievements once you used the work around for your solo game.

The side effect of the work around occurs when the mission is triggered in co-op and states that “Only host will save progress for this mission”. I suspect that this carries over to our solo game and stops the achievements from unlocking.

2 Likes

PS4 i tried first workaround ’ me starter mission showed ’ for wife ’ No starter mission ’ , i said will wait for her fix she said next day go and play your game , i did and she joined many times after i Completed a mission , when i Completed last mission wife joined me and every story mission trophy popped up on her screen :upside_down_face: on a good note she started single player and the ’ starter mission showed up ,:joy::+1: Heres the orignal post i made earlier for other forum Dlc peep’s

So if you have no Trophy 's after completing game hit the multiplayer and join somebody who has completed Alpine Dlc now they should all pop up , Cheers

Does this affected Xbox only or all platforms?

I tried that, too that people completed all dlc missions. It didn’t work nor unlock achievements. (Xbox) my question is our problems in Xbox, does it also affects PS4 and PC, too?

Just FYI, I can’t complete any missions, not alone achievement has popped without me even doing it, if I try to collect a mission item it says I’ve picked it up but the prompt is still there and the can’t progress, nothing saves, except collectibles, so I suspect that any mission item I may of collected will no longer be visible in the world, and I can’t progress as the missions do not save in the log,.
I do not want to join multiplayer because of the achievements popping when you have not completed them.
I don’t know what went wrong with this dlc download, but it is very broken and I have possibly payed for a dlc that I will never get the pleasure of completing myself not without wiping all saved progress and starting new, disappointing doesn’t even come close.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the cheevos not unlocking also. The only difference is, i didn’t have to do any work arounds as the mission “not alone” showed up for me…
My game version is 1.0.8.22.

1 Like

I had a similar problem. No matter what I do by restart, uninstall, reinstall, or join the host, it won’t work. So I took a risky move by delete my save data which means started everything over with new character. However, I join my trusted friend’s host and gave him everything like exp guns, ammo, meds, etc I have from my Plundra.

As soon as I start my new character, my friend join me and gave me back. I ran through first story missions until I get my first warboard active. Not Alone mission popped up, ran all the way to IGA facility to start Not Alone mission. Went to the island, the achievement unlocked after I finished Not Alone mission.

From there, took me a couple days to finish the remaining dlc achievements.

You have two choices, wait out to sit until next patch fix it OR do what I did. If you have any more questions, please ask. Your call. Good luck.

2 Likes

@SR_knivspark

I just wanted to inform you that after the Jan 2020 update my achievements have now all unlocked for the Alpine DLC (it wasnt mentioned in the patch notes as being fixed). Soon as I loaded into the game all 4 mission achievements unlocked. I still had to go re-kill each apoc enemy again, walk up to pauli in the maze, re-enter room 237 and just scroll/view the audio logs in the collectables and they all unlocked as well. I want to thank the dev team for your awesome work and look forward to future updates.

3 Likes

On my xbox one x I can’t get the main mission not alone even though I have been to the truck on the mountain and where the boat is to go across to the other Island and can’t unlock the safe house near the boat that goes across.

Hi and welcome to the forums @Thomas.A. I actually though they fixed that issue (maybe it was just PC that got the hotfx) There is a work around however that the dev’s posted to find someone that is just starting the game and to join them in co-op playing just the intro missions up to Vesslan Bunker. The mission “Not Alone” should either pop up then or when you go to the warboard inside the bunker (you can quit out once the mission pops up and continue on your solo game save).

If you’re having problems finding someone to play with maybe hit up the Discord channel and try in the looking for group sub channel

Good Luck :slight_smile: