Game is hard crashing to windows, need help

** Windows 10, newest update **

It started after the may update, I was playing coop with my friends. After a long fight against some tanks, we stopped up to loot.

I found a new weapon and wanted to switch my attachments to my new weapon. I noticed when I removed my attachments from my old gun and it went to my inventory, it was still on my old weapon. It was duplicating. I duplicated maybe 3 or 4 times, and the game crashed.

It might be a coincidence or not, but it’s what happend. The strange thing, the game also crashed for my friend who also was the host, but my brother was in the game as well, it did not crash fro him.

Anyway, my host managed to restart the game, but for me, everytime I start the game and click Continiue it loads a bit then it crashes to windows again. I tried to make a completly new character and it still crashes me into windows before I can load into the game.

I tried to remove my savefile and use the backup save file, still crashes into windows.

I tried to verify the game through steam, still crashes into windows.

I tried to reinstall and download the game again, still crashes into windows.

I tried to remove my entire “Avalanche Studios” folder from my documents (where my savefiles is) but it still crashes into windows even after a complete fresh download.

I tried to switch the settings to window borderless and fullscreen, both crashes the game.

By now I don’t really know what to do, and I’m getting a bit pissed off because it feels like I’m beta testing the game for you. I never had problems like this with a game before, my nvidia drivers are up to date and my windows driver is up to date as well. I would be happy to give more info if needed, but I all out of ideas

Wow, I’ve never heard of anyone having that issue! That sure is an annoying one, sorry that you had to experience it. Thanks for reporting!

@Ajaxxo - simply removing the Avalanche Studios folder or the save game file isn’t enough, as Steam syncs your save to the cloud. I suspect the save got corrupted and it’s causing a crash condition. And even deleting it, Steam tried to load it from the cloud.

Try going to the game properties in Steam and disable the Steam Sync, then delete / move the save game files out of Documents\Avalanche Studios and see if that helps.

Not sure if it will, but I had a similar issue with one of the patches (1.03 I think) and that’s what it took for me to get it running again.

Thanks, that worked.

But that will mean I lose all my progress though, but still better than nothing I guess

1 Like

Im happy to hear this got you running again. It’s unfortunate that it caused you to lose your game though. But once your save gets corrupted, there’s nothing you can really do about it. It’s gone. At least you’re able to play again.

Since that happened, I made it a point to back up my save progress every couple of session just in case. I haven’t had a save corrupt since, but I’ll always have a recent backup in case it does.

You might want to check out this thread linked below. If you still have the save files from earlier, maybe (just maybe) you can recover…

clickety click

1 Like

same prob here ! win 7