Game plays in slow motion

When playing the game I move in what feels/looks like slow motion.
Clearly visible for other players when playing multiplayer.
Other players walk and run faster (tested).
See video linked below.

Have tried reeboot, update graphics drivers, shut down all other programs with no effect.

Computer specs is way above minimum but just below recommended.

Graphics setting in game (and in video linked below):
Custom
Low
Low
Medium
Low
Low
Off
Off
Off
On
Off
FXAA

Platform:
PC/Steam
Keyboard/mouse

Steps To Reproduce:
Start game, play.

Images / Videos:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nc6UYLHRCp_Fl56zHSiYcL85Uy3rL3rH/view

Host or Client:
Tried both

Players in your game:
Tried solo and with one extra player

Specifications:
Windows 10 home 64-bit, 1803 (17134.648)
Intel i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
16GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
2GB GDDR5
Driver v419.67

Looking at this … it is odd … Video memory is a bit on the low side but i dont think that should cause slowdown issues like that ? I would love to have a team viewer session almost to look at your pc and see if i can find anything :-/

There is one thing though i can see … you mention your OS build is 1803 … current build is 1809 … try updating your OS first

1 Like

Updating now.
I’ll try again when update is done.

Updated Windows (1809 - 17763.379) but same result.
Tried windowed mode with lower resolution, all graphics options on low/off. No better.
Windows defragmentation tool says drive is 0% fragmented.
Only options now feels like re-install of game and then re-install Windows.
Please help.
I run Guild wars 2 on almost full resolution. Haven’t had any problems with other games.

you need to make sure the game run on the nvidia card and not the build in intel.

hi bud, I had this issue and it was my graphics card that was causing this, ive made an article on how to fix this here: Framerate and stability fix! [pc]

2 Likes

This is happening on the Xbox as well. It’s very hard to recreate but it happens to both me and my friend and random times.
It’s just two of us in the game and it will happen randomly. Sometimes when enemies are around and other times when when no enemies are in sight. I have no idea what causes it but it’s hard to believe that it is performance based because I’m sure the specs on the Xbox are of the recommended settings.
Can be a bit annoying but still playable after it stops doing it after a while.

AWESOME!
Thank you!

The thing that worked for me was to use the Nvidia control panel, add the game and force to use Nvidia card.
Running flawlessly on medium settings now.

Hooray! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

ahh you should have commented that you have a laptop or something with a integrated gpu :stuck_out_tongue:

hi sorry just getting back to this to report more bugs, glad the fix worked for ya bud, hope you’re enjoying the game <3