Game unplayable / wont load

THAT was interesting. Send that info to the devs.

Hey all,

If anyone has issues with their save files, corrupt save, preventing you from loading into the game, getting stuck on “performing online login…”, etc…

BEFORE you delete your save, please provide us with your save file so that we can examine it.
It would help a great deal in investigating and identifying the issue.

Your save file can be found here:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves\

5 Likes

Sadly, the game is stuck on “Performing online login” for me as well. Disabling cloud sync didn’t help, as well as offline mode. I tried verifying, but now I can’t even do that - it starts and freezes forever just seconds after. I’ve tried waiting 10-15 minutes to log in, but it’s just stuck for good. Before that, game was running smoothly for two days straight, without any troubles.

I have a similar problem except my loading screen doesn’t just load it completely crashes without explanation. keep in mind that I did send several reports just in case.

my saves are here https://mega.nz/#F!4l52jSYT!xoX0rMfuyePBxULLwYWeLQ

I’m geussing the problem is a corrupt save

@Dan2, what happens to your system ram when you try to load the game with that save?

I have tried your save files and they indeed seem to be corrupt.

With both your save files (normal + backup file)in place: it just crashes to the desktop at startup. I could see “logging in” appear (literally in the “blink of an eye”) just before the main menu should appear and there was the desktop again. No crash report and no error in the Windows event log.

With only the main save file in place: it CTD’d at the same spot and the crash reporter appeared this time (which I actually have disabled …).

With the normal save moved out of the way and the backup save renamed to the normal save: the game actually told me the save was corrupt and wanted to delete it (which obviously resulted in starting a completely new game).

With the normal save and backup save switched around: it crashed to the desktop again just like the first attempt.

When I restored my own save files the game started just fine again.

@Flick

When I tried his save files: RAM went up 1 GB. Commit charge went up 2 GB. VRAM went up 300 MB or so. One CPU core increased its usage (but still below 100%) just as did my SSD. GPU was doing nothing. And everything went down again to the initial state after the CTD.

1 Like

Hey @Dan2 :wave:

Using your provided save file we have reproduced the crash and created a ticket for addressing the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Thanks for the updates been away for a week so all good now just sad I lost all my stuff