Gamestar's opinion about GZ

Hi devs,
I just watched a video of the flop games of the year 2019 that had high expectations from Gamestar, which is a german gaming magazin.

Right the first flop was Generation Zero.
The simple reason was, because the devs did not patch anything after beta and for the release.
Well that was in the past but they also mentioned the patches and the dlc.
They mentioned the bike update and it sounded almost like a joke. “The game had so may bugs but well they added … bikes”
But the most important sentence was at the end.
“Many weaknesses in the core gameplay and particulary in the controles are still going to be ignored.”
That is what many of us told you so many times. Maybe now, since there is the same opinion from a gaming magazin, you here us.
I was very disappointed from the live stream yesterday where we asked for a better posibility to adjust mouse sensivities in different zoom levels or at least more setting options. The answer was, that they will look at it but the priority to add new features is higher.

Another example in the live stream was the question for a sortable plundra. The answer was that this is still the first interation of the plundra. “The first interation”? Dude how long do you plan to have interations untill the Plundra is good? Another year? For how many month do we have it now?

This dear devs is in ny opinion the wrong attitude. You should focus first on the core gameplay, than fix the features that are there and than add new features. That is even more important if the dev team is as small as yours.

I hope something changes in 2020.

2 Likes

it goes to show how bad the magazine is at writing reviews , personally i would be choosing a better place to read reviews if i was you. maybe you could write to their editor evil smile .

2 Likes

Maybe the gaming magazine read our comments :wink: Still, I agree with you. Now should be the time for stabilizing the game. That must be done before adding new content IMHO. Not because I’ve been bothered with too many bugs, but too many people are still complaining and reporting issues, and the games reputation regarding stability must be improved.

3 Likes

No, because I share their opinion. Thats why I made this thread. I see the problems and many others do too and I want to improve the game.

1 Like

I agree. Generation Zero needs to be completely fixed BEFORE they add more content.
The game has worked very well for me, with almost zero bugs. I have little to complain about, but I know others are having a lot of trouble. This is very important to do something about if they want to keep their players in the future. I work as a salesman, and I know how dangerous unsatisfied customers can be…

The content that’s already been added so far, has to be enough for people to enjoy while they continue fixing the game, at least I think so.

Alpine Unrest is great. The Apocalypse machines and LMG’s are really cool. The missions could be better executed, and the NPC’s could feel a bit more human, but that’s no big issue.

Rivals + exp. weapons are… Ok, I guess. Not completely sure how I feel about the necessity of the rival machines. The 6* weapons are useful, but maybe they feel a little bit too sci-fi for my taste.

The Plundra was 100% necessary. It desperately needs a fix, though. The things you stashed last end up at the bottom, and you sit there scrolling forever to find them. We need to be able to sort them in categories. And we need to be able to see what quality attachments are in the box.

Bikes are complete nonsense!

…and please, fix the crashing problem that occurred after the last updates!

5 Likes

…however, I disagree that GZ is a “flop”. It might be if you compare it to the biggest selling AAA games, but that’s an extremely unfair thing to do. GZ is developed by a very small team. It’s original, and a breath of fresh air in today’s gaming industry. Considering how little they charge for the game, and how appealing the atmosphere is to my taste of gaming, I have great patience and confidence that the dev’s will one day get this gem properly polished.
In the end, I don’t know how many people will still be playing it. It might end up as a small “cult game”, and that’s a bit sad, really.

5 Likes

I think we have now a soid base of content so that the devs can take some time and polish the game.
I have not that much bugs too but that only means that I play so long and I just accepted that the game is as it is.
Like inventory management. Nothing has changed since launch. We made so many suggestions to improve it. What happend so far?
Rivals drop 6 Star weapons already at the beguinning at the game. That makes the game much more boring, because why should I look for a better weapon when I already got the best after maybe 20 hours of playing.
Those things should now gets polished before adding new stuff.

Link to closed topic redacted /Mod

4 Likes

They’re welcome to write their own opinions about Generation Zero if they want. Understandably some gamers disagree with the game’s development. But I wouldn’t go so far as to call the game a fail. It’s a fairly minor title compared to the other ones they mention; like Rage 2. It’s not a team of 300 people working on this. More like 30. With only a handful of actual developers and designers.

They can either continue to improve on the game to utter perfection, and risk alienating the playerbase that want content, or try to find middle ground and risk some bugs to remain in the system.

But please don’t start demanding things to be fixed, that’s not how it works.
And don’t link to locked topics. There’s a good reason why it was locked in the first place.

2 Likes

So true. I have NEVER in my whole life found and reported so many bugs for a single title. I hope it wasn’t all for nothing. I would like to see many of them addressed in the very next update.

If it was only some. But it isn’t.

2 Likes

Good morning all. I understand everyone’s frustration and I hope I can offer some helpful words.

As @Zesiir stated, any gaming magazine (or any external entity for that matter) can voice their opinion about this game that we all love. GZ may have bugs and problems, but personally I don’t believe they have ever out-weighed the positive things about this beautiful game. We are here as a community to help the development team, Avalanche, to improve the game and give them as much feedback as we can.

I will need to point out it is against our site policies to have topics where the development team is the point of a conversation that isn’t meant in a friendly manner. I will be locking this post due to it’s negative nature and it’s purpose that violates our policies. I don’t see any potential for constructive feedback or positive conversation in this thread.

Thank you all for participating in the GZ community!
boston_51

5 Likes