Harvester and Wolves can cause FPS drops

Harvesters and Wolves can cause FPS Drops when Stuck or can’t find a path to it’s Target (Player or Machines of opposite faction)

I saw it happen in Tenebris infinites Stream for “Dark Skies” update (Linked below) when he went for a Reaper and got hit by FPS drop and realized i had not Been north of “Stora Dyrbo” for a long while due to that… and when i did a frame drop happened for me again… I tried to look for a “Harvester stuck in a Tree” there, but found none… <.<

I then decided i would find a Harvester and have it perform this frame drop while i recorded it, didn’t happen for many Harvesters around in Østertorn while i tried to get to replicate it (trying to get them stuck to trees)
In another world i Saw the very same Apocalypse Harvester that i made me aware of this issue
(But first i had to clear the Extras Machines… 4 Apocalypse Hunter, 2 Military, a Military tank and some runners at “Knaperänna Front Line Outpost” and then cripple it and get it follow me up to Hinsevik Generator)

This is the Recording:

When i recorded it, i realized it were a Pathing issue that caused the frame drop
(Notice the Steam FPS Counter in the top right corner)

Part 1 Before getting it to Hinsevik Generator

I had to restart the recording as and change recording mode i noticed the Steam-FPS counter not in OBS
Generation Zero: Harvester pathing issue cause Massive Frame drop (Part 1) - YouTube

At first i tried to get to the trees across the road, to have it call in other hunts which might knock it into a tree and get it stuck, but i re-decided to take it up to the “Hinsevik Generator” instead, to replicate the issue where i first encountered it.
and went to clear the Area while the Harvester got there
At 4:21 That is the Tree in the Screenshot below.
at 6:02 i don’t know how the Harvester got up there (I might have jumped like a Frog?)

This where i first encountered this Issue:

Hinsevik Generator, South Coast, (29/May/2022 - 17:01)
Same location as in the Video Above
Originally i though it was due to it being stuck in the Tree, due to a Drop-pod had knocked into the tree when it had called for help, The Tree it were stuck in were the one (above my Crossair) as while it stood there it caused a frame drop down to 15 or below, but once i destroyed it the FPS were resorted to solid 60 again.

I think the Wolves recorded in this Video caused the same Frame drop at the start of it:

These Wolves often fight in close quarter fights with Fnix/Apocalypse Hunters and Runners in this ruined homestead.

Gamemode: Singleplayer and Co-op
Host or Client: Host
Platform: Steam
CPU: i7-5930k (3,5 Ghz)
Ram: 32 GB
Graphics: GTX 1080TI

This have also happened to Tenebris infinite:
and he’s on Windows 10

Streams with Time-stamps

https://youtu.be/ZVKHB3ql07s?t=2222
Generation Zero - Assignments LIVE! 🔴 - YouTube

2 Likes

I had this once with a military harvester on PS5, too.

Happened to me at Villa Skogsberget in forest region, but before there where the control points.

2 Likes

I have not noticed a Frame drop happening near “Villa Skorgsberget” in the Forest.
But recall there were a Harvester together with a Tank or 2 just near the big rock just south of the the Barn south of Littorp.
After the Landfall update there often were a fight there Between Fnix and Soviet Machines.
Now the fight is now is moved up the road just into Northcoast on the start of the road to the Arkelstrop Lighthouse.

Had you gotten the Harvester up to Villa Skogsberget and stood behind the fence there?
or where the Harvester stuck inside a tree that it could not move from?

It’s too long ago. I don’t know if it got stuck in a fence, a bush, a hedge or a rock.
I just know it took a good time to destroy it… And after that the framerate was normal again.

1 Like