How will GZ evolve in 2020?

Hmm, I’m not sure.
Yes, I would like for Seekers to become more of a threat, but not by giving them weapons. The Seekers main problem is their AI. After a Seeker spots you, they usually take their sweet time to sound the alarm. They just hover around like a bloated fly, begging you to blast them into pieces! The Seekers should be faster and much more aggressive, in terms of alerting other machines. If a Seeker spots you (red light) that should mean reinforcements are on the way, with almost no exception. Then they should move around in a fast bee-line, trying to avoid you, not float around there like, “Here I am… F*** me!” Haha! :smile:

3 Likes

Yes it is actually a really small caliber, but the size of the caliber isn’t the only thing that labels it’s potency, due to it being a “special” ammunition it actually has further armor penetration and lethality due to its bullet being sharpened to a ridiculous degree, causing less friction upon entry!
And ahhhh dude yes a lever rifle would be sick, thinking of it now you could do a full “old time” loadout using the magnus and a few other guns alongside a lever action. Awesome gun idea my dude, maybe there is even a Swedish lever rifle floating around somewhere? I’m not fully read up on Swedish arms so if there is one it would fit even better into the game :smiley:
And we do currently have a railgun in the form of the exp pvg, but wouldn’t be too bad to have another railgun in the game, maybe even one that uses the RPG rounds as a more explosive option to the exp pvg :smiley:
Great gun ideas dude, i’m of the opinion that the more the better when it comes to gz, even if certain guns would fulfill the same meta as current guns in the game, more options are better for us overall!! More to grind for and more ways to have player preference in terms of the load outs they use. :slight_smile:

And @TherotcoD they need to give us a soviet space rocket, get us all the way up to moon! Cheers buddy been a while since i’ve seen you on here hope you’ve been great my dude!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Normally a rocket for science , but thats a lot of hours just making the data needed for the trip to the moon ( And a long piece of rope ) :rofl: now a teleporter to a moon base where i believe the robots came through would be a big hit , Any big Drastic action to change the game with any major Plot Twist will be a good move to evolve G-zero for 2020 even for those that do not want change would be curious enough to want a peek just incase the Devs hit a sweet spot for us all , variety is the spice of life , so i am willing to put my money where my mouth is ( better than me foot ) :sweat_smile: … I am buying the next DLC no matter what direction it goes , more guns ’ maps ’ vehicles ’ a Horse :laughing: and a Trader cos me plundra is full ,. Cheers Guys ___ @tene aye mr all good , we should have another gzero session soon pal for more science and laughs , peace

2 Likes

I slightly disagree with this suggestion/statement because when you start the game it says that Sweden had to make a deal with Germany of something, which explains where the robots came from, and also at the FOA secure bunker robots are being manufactured and shipped in containers around the map. To further back this up the same small fuel cell containers are found at the FOA secure bunker and in the small bunker you visit for the refueling mission, along with other places around the map. So that’s why I don’t think that there is not going to be a moon base in gen zero.

P.S.: The FOA facility is in Himfjäll if you didn’t already know.

1 Like

I did know there was FOA in himfjall ps : if you didnt already know there is one on main island aswell , so i disagree with your suggestion that a deal was made with Germany " of something ‘’ ? Moon better than something , seeing as there are multiple bases why not the moon as well one huge conspiracy , oh and welcome to forum newcomer .:+1:

When you start the game it says that Sweden had to make a deal with Germany for peace

1 Like

Yep and Germany were involved maybe with alien’s , perhaps thats where the experimental weapons came from , and before you further question anymore there was a Poll from the dev team asking us the community to vote for ’ aliens ’ and other things like dinosaur’s so thats why you seeing moon talk , but seeing as you only joined 2 days ago you might not have seen the poll last year

Thanks for that info

1 Like

Guys, this is actual history. During WW2, sweden was given an ultimatum by Nazi Germany. Either allow them to transport troops through the country to norway, and give much of the resources mined and manufactured here to them, or be invaded. That’s the deal the text refers to.

It’s not the proudest moment in my country’s history.

2 Likes

Aye very true xezr , can i add the germans were experimenting on a UFO called the Bell . Just saying erm yep alien things ,:clap::+1:

Like many above is writing I hope for ongoing expansion and more personal storys to track.
But I also hope it will connect the current islands more, not like Alpine expansion that had all new quest on the new island.
Ex. In most of the larger bunker areas there is 1 or more armored doors that can’t be opened, but some have working card readers already. So new missions going back to those places is a must. I think

And some small weapon changes, like the grenade riffle Carl Gustaf. It’s a bit weak. let’s do it stronger but give us less grenade in the loot instead. And what about the swedish armor shot m/86, know as AT4 in U.S? A singel use and disposal anti tank weapon.

1 Like

heck yeah man, i’ve been swamped this past month with my IRL job and youtube work, but i’m hoping in the next month or so to be able to sit down and jam some mp sessions with peeps i’ve been meaning to catch up with, and you’re top of that list bro. Keep your eyes out for a message from me when it’s all good to go!!

and @Zesiir its true it’s not exactly the proudest moment in Sweden’s history, but its also one that gets way more hate than i think it deserves. If Sweden had have resisted at that moment and time the disgusting war methods of Germany could have had much longer lasting negative effects on Sweden, and maybe even ones that Sweden wouldn’t have recovered from. I still hear stories of ancient mine fields being found from WWII and i think Sweden made the best decision it could make in attempting to find neutrality in a time where there was none.
Just my two cents of course.

1 Like

As @Zesiir said, it would be neat to eventually get to the Swedish mainland. The town he recommended sounds neat as well. :slight_smile:

I still stand by my opinion that military forces from other countries should be implemented into the story, and I hope the devs continue with the story in an enthralling manner.

What I probably want from generation zero in 2020 is more story, more lore, more machines, more locations and guns.

Alpine unrest was the most fun I’ve ever had in a DLC, and I really hope the devs continue to live up to the amazing bar they’ve set for the game’s future.

And @Zesiir, what’s with the new avatar? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about :innocent:

3 Likes

Having just got the game ( 5*) 2020 is gonna be a big year for gaming with the new ps5 and xbox. Im pretty sure the ps5 is gonna be backwards compatible like the xbox.

My question would be that even though on the ps4 pro it looks gorgeous but what if this game with its weather and lighting effects and 4k textures running at a solid 60 fps with hdr I would just die :wink:

1 Like

I think atmosphere, science-based, military/guerilla & science-fiction are all part of the game/story. With the addition of the late 1980’s time frame. I personally hope that the Development Team does not abandon this but, fear that they are about to do so. It looks like there are 3 very separate camps here in the forums as well as on social media with the group who wants this game to become another generic shooter/survival game being the by far most vocal so, I fear I am on the short side here.

For me I want more story, bug fixes at a base level, independent characters that can play the story, a gas mask that works, building on the challenge & rival systems, chalk to mark bunkers & already searched buildings that removes when you exit the region, dynamic weather that effects view & noise, sound update for spatial sound. Last some word about the game being on the Xbox Series X . With those I personally would be very happy.

Anyway thanks for your post & for reading the ramblings of an old man…
SPP

5 Likes

Ah, the 66mm - one of my favourites! The animation would be sick - two to a slot, like mines. I’ve asked before…

1 Like

@SteampunkPagan I’m very much with you on this one. I desperately want GZ to maintain it’s origianlity, not blend into every other game out there. I also hope they’re able to prioritize polishing the game in it’s current form, so that the following expansions will work flawlessly.

@emerald_J I think the intro says Sweden built this total defense themselves, after regretting their choices regarding Nazi Germany, not that the nazis partook in creating the machines.

@Zesiir I don’t know how much Sweden’s neutrality deal actually helped the nazi’s war effort, but it certainly helped the allies operating in Norway. Commandos and resistance fighters, as well as civilians and even royals, could flee into Sweden to avoid capture, resupply (on cheap snus and beer) or transfer back to England, and many did. I have never witnessed any form of bitterness among norwegians towards Sweden for their neutrality in WW2. I think Sweden helped the allies more than they helped the nazis.
We occasionally joke about it though… :wink:
Like this.
…or this.

2 Likes

I’d like to see some crafting possibilities, nothing huge but maybe taking Med kits and upgrading them. Or taking Some lesser quality weapons and making an ammo box. A few radios into a field radio.
I know my battle buddies and I have talked about hijacking one of the runners from a container as a companion for solo play