Idea for another robot

i used blender, i might be able to give you a model

it would be helicopter sized, smaller than a tank, about the size of a semi truck

1 Like

cool but not mine ofc, it whould be the same size as the other fighter jets

1 Like

and mine whoulnt hover, it whould fly like a normal aircraft making it harder to destroy making you either to retreat or to find some anti air. if it hovers then it whould be just like any other game where you encounter something like this. A jet whould make diffrent attacks and they whould making it a possible for the machines to vin the fight. A hovering object whould be easy, just take cover and shoot for 10 min.

1 Like

it would actually be more like a drone it can move around pretty fast and can fly pretty high

Oooo perfect how long have u used blender

not too long. im not good at making scenes and im ok at modeling, everything happened to look good here. ive had it for maybe two years but i used it more for visuals and compositing over my music videos which is usually chaotic and indecypherable, i watched a ton of tutorials trying to take little details out of them, i started with the blender donut tutorials and i learned a lot from that. its a good start if you want to do that stuff

1 Like

Ur realy good and ur modling skills are awsome

1 Like

thanks. and i never noticed there is a 20 character minimum for the forum

A flying enemy feels like an obvious inclusion. Considering that the vehicles already in the game have a somewhat grounded 80’s appearance, I think it could/should look like either modified versions of aircraft which were already in use in Sweden or like helicopter designs which were tested at the time. My suggestion is:

Hkp 9
In real life it was a german helicopter modified with domestically developed radar and antitank missiles. The robot version wouldn’t need to seat humans, thus the fuselage could be made much smaller. Perhaps the fuselage might be no taller than the tail boom. The missiles would of course be raised to a suitable position and it might also be equipped with a nose-mounted turret.
Some might carry a pod from which it can drop runners.

SK60B
IRL a trainer used by the Swedish Air Force, which was later modified to carry out light attack missions using either gun pods, rockets or missiles. In-game it doesn’t need a cockpit to fit a crew and could thus be made more aerodynamic. With plenty of interior space freed up, the plane now carries its weapons internally. Depending on version, this weapon can either be the same 90mm auto-canon that’s found in the strv 103 or laser-guided bombs.

D-21/Draken crossover
The US used drones as early as the 60’s, albeit only for reconnaissance. FNIX could have something visually similar, only with a silhouette more reminiscent of the J35 Draken. Armament could be similar to what I wrote about the SK60B.

1 Like

so a more helicopter approach is what you are suggesting?

Helicopter or airplane doesn’t matter, I showed ideas for both.
But my guess is that helicopters would be easier to implement as programming a plane to do strafing runs can be much more of a faff than just programming a chopper to hover above the tallest thing in the area and aim a nose turret in the players general direction.

1 Like

i cant find hwere i said this but i was thinking about a deadzone area where it cannot fly. that area would essentailly be a basic coverage over the map where it cannot fly. so basically in a simulation definitely not in the game

a deadzone would be the area where the flying thing cannot fly in so basically x pixels wide and y pixels wide at the x and y on the map where something is
if flying thing nears the deadzone it will alter its path to a direction it can fly without obsticles. it will never spawn over or near a deadzone. when its flying high it is scanning the area so it can see relatively far and when it is low it will be attacking. it will not move too fast due to its aerodynamic design bit it will be a bit faster when high up, then it would fly at the speed of a hunter. you can hide in a deadzone e.g. a forest and it cannot attack you there, it will loose interest and fly away sorry it took me so long to respond

Did you perhaps meant this? →

From this very topic, some ways above: Idea for another robot - #13 by Aesyle

1 Like

As a third option, instead of a helicopter or plane, why not a kind of weaponized seeker?

Essentially, it would just be a seeker, but instead of having that weird horn thing on top, it could have a light machine gun. I’m not sure what kind of ammo would drop, but I assume the devs would choose 5.56.

1 Like

i wanted another challenge in the game, i was thinking something decently sized so basically a tank head but covered in death and flying in the air. maybe it could have attack drones that it could call in like you were saying.

Yeah, I suppose my idea wouldn’t allow for much armor, so maybe it would work better as a drone.

i do like the idea though