Kneeling Hunters - Outside the Wire

So while the presence of Russian forces in the Boo area still remains unexplained, they certainly managed to collect machine technology. This is quite evident in the Sci-Fi movie “Outside the Wire” (available on at least one major streaming service) where the Russian Gumps as I see it is pretty much identical copies of our beloved Hunters from GZ. One very, very cool feature they added is the hunters ability to kneel. Recent updates to GZ changed how hunters attack in packs. Usually one remains at a distance sniping at you. That is very, very nice. Now, if that particular hunter kneeled to gain stability and precision when sniping at you, she would be harder to take down, and harder to localize. Please consider enabling that feature, at it is probably already built into the machines behaviour :smiley:

That might be an improvement.

Sometimes I have some hunters on my tail at the Gravhögar near Bockhyttan and when I jump the 1 mtr fence at the grave hills they stop while they can easily jump it. But they only jump when I get close to them. So instead of jumping the fence they run around. You can have a lot of fun just jumping the fence all the time. :wink:

Out of interest why did you assign gender to the hunter?

Just curious to see if anybody noticed :wink: The lore is, as I understand it, that these machines are controlled by humans in some kind of stasis. So I assume a 50/50 distribution of males and females. So just throw the gender dice.

Where can I find that lore in the game?

@Aesyle is the expert.

Since i was summoned, i’ll answer the:

From another topic:

Oh, that security monitor is located in FOA 53, one room before the surgery room.

Thanks and Yes, I have seen all your “real” lore post before. And I knew that FNIX hints it has the missing survivors with its “Precious resources” remark.
But found any lore that FNIX controls humans to control the combat-machines. This is speculation, I think.

And we can’t go there anymore to recheck.

Here you go, at 01:25,
(not my video)

Now, when revisiting FOA53, we can actually see several humanoid forms lying in the ward and it isn’t empty. :thinking:

2 Likes