Looking for some tech support

I looked all around for where to find tech support and I keep seeing posts that say to just post the question here, so here goes:

Using XBox One, I cannot get my game to load. I have easily logged 15-20 hours at this point, and I would love to continue playing!
The issue is that the game loads up, hits the user selection screen, freezes and then crashes and quits to my XBox home screen; no error message, no prompt, nothing, it just freezes, crashes and quits.

I tried all the different things I could do before contacting XBox tech support, and they pointed me here, so this is the list of the things I have tried to do to fix whatever the issue is, as I don’t know what the issue actually is.
I tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling
Checked my purchase history to see if Microsoft glitched it out of my digital game library(it’s still there)
Booting the game in offline mode
Resetting the Mac address
Installing on a separate console(also did not work)
Installing on an external HDD
Turning the console off and on again
Doing a simple system restore of the console, and then a full restore when that didn’t work.
Deleting and re-syncing the save data

It was after I did all that that I contacted XBox support and they pointed me here.
I love the game, and I really want to keep playing, but I don’t know what to do.
Microsoft said it wasn’t on their end or the console’s, so it would probably be on GZ’s end, if that helps.
Not sure if it matters or not, but the screen immediately after the user selection, black screen with a little cassette tape in the corner, is where it crashes at.

I also didn’t know if this belonged in off topic or bug reports, so I went with bug reports. Sorry if that’s wrong, this is my first post.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [XB1] Game Crashing (post update FNIX Rising)