Machine Swarms - Just How Many Is Enough?

Okay, so I have been working on nailing all of the Rivals on the main island. To an extent, I have been pretty much successful and exhausted at that same time. There are just a few left, though I know at some point others will spawn and I will be chasing my tail again.

That brings me to the subject question. Up until now, I have fought Tanks and Harvesters mostly in pairs, with the odd number of dogs and reapers that come to the call or spawn. But just yesterday, out hunting my latest target (a level 4 harverster rival), I found it to be with 4 other harvester and 3 tanks and a ton of dogs and reapers! What gives? How many is enough for this AI? I of course backed off and decided to live and fight another day.

Oh, next time I see the above, I am going to take a photo.

Sometimes you get lucky and get into a big fight!

Here is a link to getting lucky and stumbling drunk into a 6 tank fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_sWqEk4DY&t

Possibly related to this bug report: Tanks and Harvesters don't move around the map after Nov. 2020 patch

Hah, that sounds about right. Thanks!

Also, has the sheer number of bots on the map increased since then, or is it just me? Perhaps they broke the bot spawn algorithm?

It’s neither of the two. Instead, it is this:

Other regions, especially Mountains, Marshlands and North Coast are almost void of machines to shoot at.

1 Like

I’ve been running around the farmlands for over 2 weeks just seeking these fights. Best I had was a 3 tank 2 harvesters 1 apoc the other Fenix 12 hunters of various classes and … Dogs lots of dogs… don’t know where they all came from either cause once I started there were no dogs near this place just to the Northwest of of the giant crater XD good fights in that area

When playing on harder difficulty I cheat with rivals. When I get a new lvl 1 rival pop up, I go find him and castrate him (cut off his weapons from a distance with sniper rifle, then run away). Later when he gets to lvl 4, I return and put the final nail in his coffin to collect my spoils. Once castrated (de-weaponed) they don’t grow back or get fixed with leveling from 1 to 4.

I don’t do this on lower difficulty levels as that would take away too much from the fight and would no longer be as fun.

1 Like

I wonder if something was changed in the latest update. I have felt there was a lack of machines lately and then just now came across a long line of runners and seekers in a kind of formation (in farmlands) that I’ve never seen before.

1 Like

I almost spat out my coffee :smile:

3 Likes

I mean… they do kinda just hang there underneath, between his legs, right?

2 Likes

Swarms? Not on Xbox. Since the reaper update the game has been completely nerfed.

I’ve 100% the xbox version, and about half way through PC version. Since new update game is unplayable for me. Cant keep up with the supplies needed to play, everywhere I go its literally 20 harvesters, 15 tanks, 50 seekers, 100s of hunters and runners and what looks to be thousands of tics at times (and I’m most likely under exaggerating these numbers) I tried to play again tonight hoping they fixed it with this new update but nope, an area is either barron with no machines or so jam packed with machines I easily run through 5k+ ammo.

Yeah it can get pretty nasty out there now. Wonder when they are going to re-nerf it so the machines actually start going somewhere. I think they are spawning and just hanging around, bit of a nuisance really. :gun:

@MarsGodOfWar The idea of castrating a Tank never occurred to me, I am going to try that, sounds like a reasonable thing to do. If you don’t hear from me again you will know what happened to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What areas @GAMERT4G85 ?

Those areas and most of Farmlands?
It makes the game pretty fun you know?

Man I got hit HARD last night at the air Base … Thought I would go loot since I had not been there since I updated I’ve been kinda running around it :grin: and ran into 4 tanks 1 Fenix 2 military and one apoc on top of 2 harvesters one Fenix the other apoc and there respective Hunter crowds which never seemed to end and a pack of six doggos roamed in as well.

Anyways long story short it took me 2500 rounds of 9mm fmj smg ammo and around 600 7.56 Ap for my exp kvm and around 35 minutes worth of a fight which I wish ide have recorded.

Here’s to more fights like that XD

1 Like

I absolutely LOVE these big fights. Heck I have even found myself needing to reel in extra robots to make a good fight. I mean they DO love following you. My biggest fight consisted of several Harvesters, several Tanks, and about 10 Hunters. I will never forgot that fight. It was at the ruins. I had to keep running around and between the ruins constantly. I loved it. :smiley:

@Flybye Yeah, just took on a 4* Tank Rival, another Tank, two Harvesters and lost count of all the Apoc Bots and dogs that got unleashed. A nice 20 minute fight to the bitter end, gas and all… Anyways, had to test out the new threads I crafted, bullet and blast protection works well at 3%, better than expected.

Nothing like the smell of cordite.
:sunglasses: :firecracker:

1 Like