Make the easier level of difficulty EASIER

I am finding this game incredibly frustrating, I love the graphics, the atmosphere, and at times, the gameplay, with a real sense of menace, but it is simply too hard: posters can give tips, etc, which is great, but we have paid for this, its seems like one of the games where the devs personality is all over it, so fences, lots of them, ok, but why no wire cutters? didn’t they have then in Sweden, of course they did, I would appreciate an option to see where the safe houses are on the map(one online are too small to see!) Maybe i just haven’t found the ritght weapons, i have the r/launcher, but no ammo. many players may find it easy, ok, but many don’t, Devs have a responsibility to them as well, can’t even find a trainer.

I really want to carry on playing this game, at the moment I am at FT back to Overby Base (from Stora Drybo, just couldn’t get further over big expanse with no cover and many enemy in front) and in a tiny room, with three tanks surrounding it, and thinklng seriouslty of unistalling, which would be a shame.

tanks are slow unless they can sprint, just run past them or fast travel (you can fast travel if you’re not in combat so utilize stealth)

you can easily find ammo on higher level hunters, and if you’re up for it: kill a tank or harvester, I know for a fact that you can destroy a low level tank with lots of ammo and a nice machinegun

flares: use flares. distract them and run, it’s impossible that you’re that far in the game and without any flares or even fireworks.

What machine gun, only have SMG, etc, not 30 cal, etc.

btw, i haven’t been able to change the GUI options, difficulty, etc, when i click nothing happens, i may be playing on the highest difficulty for all i know!

the first tank I ever killed was with 2* AG4 and a 1* kpist I used flares to distract it and ducked in a building for cover it took around 200 bullets for the AG4 and around 100 for the Kpist.
as for your difficulty issue, you may be on an older edition so if you’re all updated then I don’t know what to say, ask a moderator: they know more than me.

I think that’s great, give the player more options, without taking anyway from those who like a harder challenge

@ChamomileHasGames for what it’s worth, I agree with you. Responses to you have been arrogant and condescending and mostly trying to nullify your opinion. There is a pack like mentality here with the regulars being blind to code of conduct mistakes when made by one of their own, but quick to point it out from an outsider.

Since my last reply here caused a controversy, i’ll try to explain in a nicer way, why i said these things in response to @ChamomileHasGames as i said. And perhaps, to clear some bad blood. :slightly_smiling_face:

@ChamomileHasGames, you said that the description of Easy mode didn’t meet your expectations and the game didn’t turn out “a walk in the park” (to say so). You died more than you expected to die and you also struggled when facing Rivals. Thus, game disappointed you when it said in the Adventure mode description that the gameplay would be more story-oriented than combat-oriented.
Here, i agree with you. The difficulty level descriptions could be better.

You also point out that rockets (i guess you mean HE rockets, fired with m/49?), doesn’t live up to their name and you need to use several to take down bigger machines.
Thing with HE rockets is, that they are High Explosive and are intended to use against groups of smaller machines. You can take down bigger machines with HE rockets but since HE rockets aren’t Armor Piercing, you need to fire quite a lot of them, to eventually bring bigger machines down.
There are requests to bring AT version of the rockets to the game, so that m/49 would be more effective against bigger machines but we’ll have to wait and see if devs add those in the game.

You also say how the game should be on Adventure difficulty and especially for solo players. Here, you present your subjective understanding on how games should be when it comes to Easy difficulty.
Thing is, i don’t know from where you come from and what kind of experience you’ve had with other games. For all i know, you probably have played easy games in the past (e.g minecraft) and once you arrived here, the Easy difficulty in GZ is too hard for you, since you’re used to easy games.

That, in itself, isn’t a bad thing since different people prefer different difficulty level games. There are people out there that prefer easy and casual games (from time to time, i also play such simple games), then, there are people out there that want the toughest challenge game can give to them (e.g any regular Dark Souls player) and then there’s middle ground between the two extremes as well.

When i said that i play on Guerilla and prefer it even harder than it currently is - it wasn’t said with an intent to show you that i’m the greatest GZ player. No, not at all. Instead, i said it to show you from where i come from.

GZ is not an easy, casual game. GZ is currently somewhere in the middle. Though GZ used to be a difficult game, when it launched back in March '19. @OBiW4NSHiNOBi described it well how GZ used to be.
I stated to play GZ 1 week after it’s initial launch and things were very tough in the beginning, especially since i didn’t know nothing about machines or which tactics work the best. It took me about 117 gameplay hours, in my own slow pace, to finish the main vanilla missions. I was learning with every step and i never gave up. As the saying goes: “When things get tough - the though get going.”.

I also suggest that you never give up. :+1: If direct attack doesn’t work, try luring one or two machines away from the bigger group and take them out one by one. Or perhaps snipe the machines from afar. There are many different ways how to take machines on.
As far as FNIX Rising content goes, and as said before, it is late-game content. Here, i suggest that you leave it be and go elsewhere. Once you’ve gained more experience and better gear, come back to it since machines aren’t going anywhere. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, I just finished destroying 5 tanks, 3 were FNIX 1 was mil. and the last one was apoc.
I spent over 30 minutes making the tanks shoot each other so that their health was low enough to shoot at with an actual gun. Once they were down I reaped the rewards. Generation Zero requires patience, as the saying goes," patience is a virtue."

This is going to be a bit of a read (can’t really TL;DR it, sorry), but I hope you have the time for it. Here are some tips I have for any newcomers after playing for over 200 hours and slaying hordes of robots:

General Tips:

• Be mindful of ammo quantity and type. Always keep an eye on how much you have left and how quickly the weapon consumes ammo. FMJ deals good overall damage to exposed components and weapons, but doesn’t punch through armor very well. Soft point (hunting rifles) and hollow point (some pistols) munitions deal even more damage to exposed components/hardpoints. Armor piercing rounds punch through/destroy thick armor but may take more shots to destroy components. Shotguns are great for taking enemies down quickly at close range. Use 12ga slugs for high damage with precise shots to components at close-long range. Use 12ga birdshot for small, fast-moving enemies at close range. Use 12ga buckshot for general use and to hammer away at Hunters/Runners at close-medium range.
  • Always swap weapons for higher-tier variants. I would recommend keeping your five-crown (gold) weapons if you find a six-crown (pink) experimental variant as they can have some strange properties (looking at you, 6C pump-action :p).
  • When you acquire a blueprint of an enemy type (shown in LOG > COLLECTIBLES > Machine Blueprints) using the binoculars in TECH VIEW mode will show you their internal components and their respective health values. This is extremely valuable information to have.

Example

• Utilize cover to your advantage. I would recommend staying in the center of a house if you are getting shot at with rockets/mortars as you will be least likely to get hit with the splash damage.
  • Be cautious of gas grenades. Staying in the same spot may be a bad idea if enemies are using this weapon. Although, you may be on the edge of the gas radius, so using healing items to wait it out may be the wisest choice in certain situations.
  • Flares and fireworks are invaluable tools for escaping/reloading/critical strikes. Flares distract enemies’ targeting systems, but enemies will prioritize you over the flare if you shoot them. Fireworks nullify enemies’ targeting systems entirely (white-pink lights) allowing you to shoot them with zero retaliation during their effect.
  • EMP items can be a bit tricky to use, but can help you escape, reload or get a few critical strikes in. These shut enemies in a certain radius (repsective of EMP type) for a short time.
  • I keep my game music off for immersion (I play with stealth indicator off.) and tactical advantage. This makes it easier to hear enemies from a distance and even pinpoint their location if you have a good 5.1/7.1 surround headset.
  • Don’t be stingy with grenades. Fragmentation grenades can deal high damage, are great for killing tight-packed groups and can possibly save you some time to escape if the need arises. Smoke grenades mask your position and can be used to strategically blind enemies when thrown near them.

Misc. Enemy Notes:

• Most enemy attacks are directly preceded by said enemy emitting a specific sound/roar. Sometimes the sound can glitch and you won’t hear it, but this doesn’t really occur unless you are in a robot “mosh pit” lol. Take care to memorize the sounds they make and you will be better prepared in your robo-murdering adventure!

• Memorize component locations. Weak points will be dark purple/blue spots when viewing enemies through a scope/binoculars with an IR module attached (sorry if you/I are/am color blind :p).

• Look out for round fuel tanks/cells on enemies. These are extremely vulnerable to attacks and will explode, dealing critical damage or killing the enemy. Be wary of destroying this component or enemies at all near cars, as they will explode along with the enemy.

Fuel Cell Locations

• Tick pods can be present on Hunters, Tanks and Harvesters. They look like a large, rectangular box mounted horizontally to their back. Shooting them (can be shot from the front) on hunters will knock them off. Destroying them on the other enemy types will set them on fire and make them emit sparks/smoke.

Enemy Specific Tips:

• Ticks (small quadrupeds) are small and a minimal threat when fighing one on one. Shoot their fuel cell on their back to kill them near instantaneously. Higher tier models have light armor protecting them from frontal attacks. They may not seem like much of a threat, but are extremely dangerous in groups.

• Seekers (floaty floats) have a long sight distance. These are the scout units for the robots. While extremely weak , they will alert nearby enemies of your presence and call for reinforcements. It is best to take them out silently and quickly.

• Runners (dogs) are fast and agile. They travel in groups and can deal a substantial amount of damage if they catch you off guard, in the open or both. While difficult, you can shoot their gun off, but they can perform a headbutt type melee attack that can really mess you up.

• Hunters (humanoid biped) will prioritize charging and melee attacks when you destroy their right arm hardpoint. They may still use their shoulder weapon (if they have one) if you keep your distance. These units are extremely deadly in groups! As of this posting there is a bug where they can clip through buildings and hurt you with melee attacks or just completely teleport into buildings (mostly barns) behind you.

• Tanks (biped dangly bois) will become nearly useless when you shoot off both of their dangling hardpoints. However, they will still charge at you when given enough space to do so. Higher tier tank models may disperse gas/fire as an AoE attack if you get too close. If the tank has a weapon mount that looks like a single, large tube, that is a single-shot mortar. These are extremely easy to dodge, but deal quite a bit of damage if hit. If the weapon mount looks like two stacked columns of square holes, this is a multi-rocket launcher. Take extra care to avoid this. The machine guns are, well, machine guns.

• Harvesters (large quadrupeds) are about the same as the tanks when you shoot their back-mounted missile pods off. While the pods can sustain quite a bit of damage with the higher tier models, destroying them can give you time to breathe. Make sure to put some distance between yourself and a harvester before you take a breather, as some Harvesters retain a gas/fire AoE attack. Some can call in Hunters from drop pods, but Harvesters are all extremely slow. Take advantage of this when you can.

I know I’m a month late to reply, but I hope this helped even a little bit :smiley:

3 Likes

This extremely thorough :+1:

For the Ticks I might add to shoot the legs if they are standing and don’t recognize you. Sometimes it’s hard to reach the fuel cell but a shot with the Meusser or Älgstudsare right on a leg will destroy the tick.

1 Like

I didn’t know that, thank you!

1 Like

Nice job, @ButterToads :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought I’d add a few of my own tips.

Tick: If I suspect Ticks to attack, I whip out my SMG if I can. Short bursts from the hip will always get them. If not, the .44 Magnus will.

Seeker: If quietly, try to aim for one of the jet thrusters on their side. If not quietly, a shot from the exp. PVG 90 will ruin their day, or a burst of 7,62. Keep in mind that they speed up considerably if they detect you, making them hard to hit.

Runner: Learn how to “quickscope” properly with the .44 Magnus, and fighting Runners will be a breeze. I recommend using the iron sights on the Magnus for this. Get in semi-close and circle around them, while one-shotting their fuel cells one by one.

Hunter: I find targeting their weapons to be both a waste of time and ammo. Instead, going all inn with the KVM 59 will tear through Hunters like crackers. If they’re a group, I give each of them 2 or 3 shots with the PVG 90 to soften them up, and then close in with the MG to finish them off. Most Hunter’s weapons can reach you while in cover, so I find being on the move safest while fighting them.

Harvester: If you know where to aim, you can take out a Harvy with less than 1 full magazine (18) from the exp. PVG 90. This works on all classes on Adventure, up to FNIX class on Skirmish, and at least for Military class on Guerilla.
Proto. Harvy spawns 1 Hunter x 3 times.
Mil. Harvy spawns 2 Hunters x 3 times.
FNIX Harvy spawns 3 Hunters x 3 times.
Apoc. Harvy spawns 4 Hunters x 3 times.
(Hunters spawned will be in the same class as the Harvester.)

Tank: There is one significant problem with Tanks. Their charge attack can often cause the game to crash! (I wish this problem could be fixed by now!) Because of this I often leave one of their weapons intact, to prevent them from charging. On all classes of Tanks, even the Reaper, I find their MG to be the most dangerous, and that’s the one I prioritize to disable. Their mortars and missiles are easier to run away from. But when they do charge, this is easiest to avoid by using trees or buildings to block it’s path.

I know these are tips mainly for end-game players, but this is how I play. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can’t say I really agree… Even with normal scaling and 2 noobish friends, we all did just fine on normal difficulty early on. Easy difficulty just seems to completely get rid of any challenges that previously existed. Might just be my POV though. Hunter spawns actually need to be limited though lmao, toonly to save us from frame rate issues.

As a friend of me intruduced me into the game he said: “Keep in mind that this not a first person shooter. This is a survival game.”

Well, he hasn’t played as much before, too. And after a few weeks, for us, the game turned to a first person shooter. But as long as you haven’t finished the story or haven’t got some exp. Weapons, I just recommend to try this. Play it as it would be a survival game.

Edit:
What I wanted to say: I guess most of the new players are starting with wrong expectations. They think, it’s shooter where they can fight tons of robots… An open-world-serious-sam-like-robot-killer-game… But get immediatly disappointed, when they start with no weapon in their hands, meet their first runner,… And so on.

Is ‘Skirmish’ a good difficulty setting for two people? I like to be stealthy and my friend is a bit trigger happy. :laughing: We are planning to start playing this week…

:thinking:

I read your entire comment, and I’m a bit surprised to learn that this is the only thing it does…

I mean… Does loot get multiplied by the number of players in the squad?

Loot is not affected by difficulty settings at all.

1 Like

I doubt this unless a dev would confirm that.

Thats usually how loot works. Luck is just RNG.

That makes more sense.

I thought you had meant in a more general sense of loot, not just exp’s and the level block.

1 Like

Hi.
Sometimes I have the feeling the loot depends on what kind of weapon or ammo I’m using. For example if I have spent 3000 rounds 7.62 in the last hour and change my weapon to the smg (9mm) because of lack on 7.62 ammo, I often feel that loot contains more 7.62 from then on.

It’s like the feeling that enemies seem to be harder/more agressive the more adrenaline I carry with me. If I just got 5 adrenalines through a challange, suddenly it seems that the machines get crazy about that… And half an hour later these 5 adrenalines are gone. And after that everything seems to be normal again. :man_shrugging: