Make the easier level of difficulty EASIER

I didn’t know that, thank you!

1 Like

Nice job, @ButterToads :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought I’d add a few of my own tips.

Tick: If I suspect Ticks to attack, I whip out my SMG if I can. Short bursts from the hip will always get them. If not, the .44 Magnus will.

Seeker: If quietly, try to aim for one of the jet thrusters on their side. If not quietly, a shot from the exp. PVG 90 will ruin their day, or a burst of 7,62. Keep in mind that they speed up considerably if they detect you, making them hard to hit.

Runner: Learn how to “quickscope” properly with the .44 Magnus, and fighting Runners will be a breeze. I recommend using the iron sights on the Magnus for this. Get in semi-close and circle around them, while one-shotting their fuel cells one by one.

Hunter: I find targeting their weapons to be both a waste of time and ammo. Instead, going all inn with the KVM 59 will tear through Hunters like crackers. If they’re a group, I give each of them 2 or 3 shots with the PVG 90 to soften them up, and then close in with the MG to finish them off. Most Hunter’s weapons can reach you while in cover, so I find being on the move safest while fighting them.

Harvester: If you know where to aim, you can take out a Harvy with less than 1 full magazine (18) from the exp. PVG 90. This works on all classes on Adventure, up to FNIX class on Skirmish, and at least for Military class on Guerilla.
Proto. Harvy spawns 1 Hunter x 3 times.
Mil. Harvy spawns 2 Hunters x 3 times.
FNIX Harvy spawns 3 Hunters x 3 times.
Apoc. Harvy spawns 4 Hunters x 3 times.
(Hunters spawned will be in the same class as the Harvester.)

Tank: There is one significant problem with Tanks. Their charge attack can often cause the game to crash! (I wish this problem could be fixed by now!) Because of this I often leave one of their weapons intact, to prevent them from charging. On all classes of Tanks, even the Reaper, I find their MG to be the most dangerous, and that’s the one I prioritize to disable. Their mortars and missiles are easier to run away from. But when they do charge, this is easiest to avoid by using trees or buildings to block it’s path.

I know these are tips mainly for end-game players, but this is how I play. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can’t say I really agree… Even with normal scaling and 2 noobish friends, we all did just fine on normal difficulty early on. Easy difficulty just seems to completely get rid of any challenges that previously existed. Might just be my POV though. Hunter spawns actually need to be limited though lmao, toonly to save us from frame rate issues.

As a friend of me intruduced me into the game he said: “Keep in mind that this not a first person shooter. This is a survival game.”

Well, he hasn’t played as much before, too. And after a few weeks, for us, the game turned to a first person shooter. But as long as you haven’t finished the story or haven’t got some exp. Weapons, I just recommend to try this. Play it as it would be a survival game.

Edit:
What I wanted to say: I guess most of the new players are starting with wrong expectations. They think, it’s shooter where they can fight tons of robots… An open-world-serious-sam-like-robot-killer-game… But get immediatly disappointed, when they start with no weapon in their hands, meet their first runner,… And so on.

Is ‘Skirmish’ a good difficulty setting for two people? I like to be stealthy and my friend is a bit trigger happy. :laughing: We are planning to start playing this week…

:thinking:

I read your entire comment, and I’m a bit surprised to learn that this is the only thing it does…

I mean… Does loot get multiplied by the number of players in the squad?

Loot is not affected by difficulty settings at all.

1 Like

I doubt this unless a dev would confirm that.

Thats usually how loot works. Luck is just RNG.

That makes more sense.

I thought you had meant in a more general sense of loot, not just exp’s and the level block.

1 Like

Hi.
Sometimes I have the feeling the loot depends on what kind of weapon or ammo I’m using. For example if I have spent 3000 rounds 7.62 in the last hour and change my weapon to the smg (9mm) because of lack on 7.62 ammo, I often feel that loot contains more 7.62 from then on.

It’s like the feeling that enemies seem to be harder/more agressive the more adrenaline I carry with me. If I just got 5 adrenalines through a challange, suddenly it seems that the machines get crazy about that… And half an hour later these 5 adrenalines are gone. And after that everything seems to be normal again. :man_shrugging: