Missions disappeared, can’t progress

Except what happens is when you return to your own game and map. All the missions you had are gone and reset as though you never got them. You have to go back to the original locations and acquire them again. And the missions that are left on your map are the ones that you attained while in the hosts game. If you have the same missions as the host and you complete them in the hosts game it will also complete the missions in your game. But you have to be at the same point in the mission as the host.

So did they fix this problem three years ago and it’s just now coming back? What changed? Should be an easy fix if that is the case.

This has happened to me twice now in a week. I will not be joining anyone else’s game from here on out, at least on my main profile. I am planning on creating an entire new f’n profile just so I can play with friends without breaking my game. It’s absolutely absurd I have to do this though.

1 Like

PS4. Hello. That’s what I do, I have two profiles, one for multiplayer, the other for solo. Because when I go through the script, I explore the territories as much as possible, slowly.

PC (Game Pass). This is still an issue, 4 years later.

I made it as far as Hastvik on the 2nd island, then joined a friend (who I persuaded to try the game) to help get through the first island and clear the bunker. Went back to my own game and now I’m missing all my unfinished missions except for:

• Building Blocks
  • Over and Out (active)

These are the missions I noticed are gone, maybe 1 more that I’m not remembering:

• The Command Bunker Network
  • Unbearable Lightness
  • Road Rage
  • Strength in Numbers
  • One Can Only Hope

The first one was easy enough to get back by looking at the war board again, but I guess I have to go pick up all the side missions all over again?

It seems the more I play, the more I run into bugs which I find out have been an issue for a very long time but never fixed (already ran into the issue where you get stuck trying to get out of a tent).

This is frustrating because I really want to like the game and am trying to convince some friends to download and play with me, but I can’t continue to recommend (or after a certain point play) a game that has significant long-term bugs like this that are not being addressed :frowning_face:

This is a great open world game.
Bugs can just be solved, if they are reported as good as possible.

Major issues come first, minor issues later.
If they don’t know where the said tent it, they can’t fix it. (but you can free youself with handgrenades, a fieldradio or an exp 12G with health ammo.)

@SR_Carni
Did you notice the said bug with the missing missions?

Thanks. It was the very first tent I came across on the first island, so I had none of those items yet. This was just a couple weeks ago I believe. Crouched into the tent, got the loot, tried to crouch and walk back out. Maybe the dead body in the entrance got in the way?

I didn’t know it would be fixed on a tent-by-tent basis, just saw that others had posted the bug about getting stuck in tents from 2019 so figured it just was never fixed.

Just wanted to share more info (in case it wasn’t already known from previous replies/posts): For the missing, unfinished side-missions, I can get them back if I go back to each location that had the initial mission item, as they re-spawn in the world…

Interestingly enough, even though I’m missing the mission in the log/map, when I look on my map to see the unlockables/collectables for each point of interest, it is telling me that I already picked up the available side-mission from that location.

It should still go without saying that this is a significant inconvenience, especially if I want to continue playing co-op with others, meaning I have to go and pick up these mission items all over again every time I decide to play with someone different or continue solo. I suppose you can kind of get around this if you A) have finished all missions, B) play solo, or C) beeline each mission immediately (no exploring in-between and probably a lot of back-tracking), but this is also very inconvenient.

I’m enjoying the game overall I just really hope that this is being fixed… I plan on trying to get more friends to play with me and doing plenty of co-op and I shouldn’t have to create separate worlds (a new character doesn’t fix this bug) between playing the story/side missions and joining in co-op.

I just did a simple trick that got my missions back after this issue. Go to any bunker and open the WarBoard, wait for 2 seconds and close it (press esc), your missions and all the markers on the map should be back to normal.

2 Likes