Missions glitched out: This is my last straw

Xbox One S

I joined a multiplayer session tonight, from the home screen, and on my own game I had about 6-8 missions active that I needed to do. Well when I went back to my game cause the host left, all my active missions were gone. They werenā€™t in completed either. I decided to see if I need to reactivate them so I went to the Minken Bunker warboard and interacted with it. This gave me back the command bunker chain mission whatever itā€™s called where it tells you to find the war board across all the bunkers. But there was no missions in the corner like there usually is when you interact with it, and my game was still tracking the ā€œSecret Cargoā€ mission, but not the objective it just said secret cargo in the top left hand side of my map and this mission was nowhere to be found in my log. I reinstalled the game, after trying everything else I could think of trying, and it seems I either need to go find the missions again, but I highly doubt the props to pickup will be there, also I donā€™t remember every place I found the pickups to start the missions. Or my other option would be to restart my game progress from the start again, which, after playing the whole beginning island which took me like 10hrs, and then the west section as soon as you cross over, I can tell you Iā€™ve seen and done everything this game has to offer. And I WILL NOT be doing all that repetitive crap again!!

Iā€™ve been reading the forums, and it looks like people report the same issues now for months yet the next update Letter doesnā€™t mention anything about these issues. So I guess for now Iā€™ll just leave the game for another 6 months or so and check back periodically to see how or if itā€™s even getting better. tomorrow I will be contacting Microsoft to see if I can get refunded first though.

@SnowyDaze
Missions when you JOIN a client are NOT saved.
If you had read only ONE of the 5000 other posts about this subject you would have known.

Missions ONLY save when you HOST a game.
This is for longevity sake of the game.

Works as INTENDED, my friend.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not true. According to the Devs, All players in a multiplayer session will progress on story missions as long as the host is not further ahead in the story.

This players issue is the same issue that many of us have. We are losing the active missions that we already had BEFORE we joined a multiplayer session. For example, say we have 8 active missions. Then we join a multiplayer session. When we return to our own game, all of those 8 missions are gone.

I hope the Devs are working on this issue because it breaks the game for many of us.

2 Likes

@Xogroroth No, my friend, you must not understand what Iā€™m saying. We did no missions in the randoms game of which I joined, my game, when I play solo or with a friend, had about 6-8 missions that were not complete. For some reason now, they are completely gone. Iā€™ve cycled through all the pages that the missions are on like ā€˜answersā€™ ā€˜worldā€™ ā€˜unfilteredā€™, and nothing is thereā€¦ where are the missions from MY game, of which Iā€™ve had friends join, and Iā€™ve joined their games, and every time I come back to my own story mode, all my missions that I am currently on, are still there and not complete. Right now it ONLY shows me ones that Iā€™ve completed, and also I think a few that I never even uncovered yet, but maybe that the other guys had done in their game, and everything is checked off as ā€˜completeā€™. This is not how itā€™s intended to workā€¦

Wow, yet another person who doesnā€™t fully understand what Iā€™m saying, yet tries to offer up solutions as if this is how the game is intended to workā€¦ I LOST ALL MY ACTIVE MISSIONS IN MY OWN GAME! They are GONE, and all I get shown on my log, are completed missions that Iā€™ve done, and I believe a few that I actually never even found yet in my gameā€¦ donā€™t tell me that Iā€™m not bothering to look, when youā€™re clearly not reading and comprehending the full issue at hand.

Aaah yep, there is indeed a known bug that randomly activates and completes missions. Some players even had it instantly solve EVERY quest in the game. I get that that is not fun and Iā€™m sorry for your inconvenience.

So what do I do to fix this? Do I actually have to restart my entire gameā€¦?

1 Like

I actually donā€™t really know how to fix that. You can start a new save, but keep the old one! The June update will be about fixing broken missions! Maybe itā€™ll fix your issue as well. For now, I donā€™t think there is a proper fix for it.

1 Like

How do you start a new save, when you select to create a new character and it just puts you into your game that your currently playing, just with a new character that has nothingā€¦? Shouldnā€™t making a new character start a fresh game?

1 Like

For PC save deletion here :point_right:Changing computer- saved files? : for PS4 consoles goto ā€™ settingā€™s ā€™ ā€™ storage ā€™ ā€™ saves ā€™ and delete Save ā€¦ XBOX :point_right: How do i start over? Xbox ā€¦ Make a back up onto usb incase you want to see if june patch may repair it , good luck , :+1: