Mullvadsberget Tunnel and Follow the Truck main mission crashes over 10 times to desctop

The desaster began at all with “Mullvadsberget Tunnel” and also “Follow the Truck” main mission. (before 75h playtime never had a crash). It crashes serveral times if i kill a hunter (always a different) to desktop.

First in the wave mission after you build the walls (than i put the “friend” in a chest and this was helping a little bit. But now i try to play the mission follow the truck but no chance. fouth time and crash. But every time i load the game my ammo are away from the fight before. I’am absolut demotivated it is so unfaire. Since one week i try to go forward in the game but it hates me.

Are there/where can i find crash report files? I kill the hunter, game freeze one Second and after i see my desktop

Win11 newest updates. You want a gamesave or so (Savegame)? Have made a video but you cant see special things but mabye it will help (go to the end, before this run it crashes much before after the third hunter or so).

(All time the crashes come was by killing a hunter biped class)
(I think i have all DLC’s)
(No Mods/Cheats)

Still waiting for the official announcement.
At least it seems that the announced hotfix didn’t fix that.

Xbox and Win10 Survivors!
We just released a Hotfix for you addressing many different crash issues. We dedicated time to significantly reducing the amount of "random" crashes during gameplay, so please have a look and let us know how it goes!

Patch Notes:https://t.co/wliMSCiMiy

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) January 12, 2024

I think they said the PS and other platform version(s) for the patch is going to take another week. Sadly, it doesn’t look like any of the XBOX guys, etc, who were having problems with these missions have gotten back on to mention whether the patch did anything good for them, yet…

It was theorized that, if these mission crashes were because of the truck, a fix for one of them could be a fix for all of them…in that line, anyway. Without more new info on whether it worked or not from the other guys, we’re all still holding our breath, though.

You know… Many just open their mouth to complain, but not to tell something good.
Maybe they just use other channels instead of the forum.
Maybe we’ll hear more regarding this on wednesday on dev-stream.

Thank you for answering so fast.

To satisfy my curiosity. Is this a new bug, is the mission new or so? The game has been on the market for a long time - why it happen now and only by killing hunters - but not everytime - or maybe it must be a special hunter class mhhhh - ni idear? However, before the mission series that begins on the mountain with the waves, the game was very enjoyable. There must be something special to do with this series of missions. Thank you very much, I will try other missions for a few weeks until the fix, maybe the error won’t occur there.

(If you need more informations over my system, onky ask)

If the error identify, it would be cool to now what was the problem (im interest in programing, technik and so. Nice for me to figur out why thinks happened)

Have a great day all.

For some very strange reason, the ringfort missions and the tunnels in general go through glitches and bugs sometimes after updates, it is not just the missions. It is a fun place to fight machines and so players visit it often when playing in the farmlands region. This has been happening off and on for some time since the Fnix Rising DLC was introduced.

Hopefully the bugs and glitches will get corrected in a way they stay fixed. Like I stated, fun place to fight the machines.

So it is the ghost in the mashine bottle. i understand.

EDIT, so i can confirm all other missions, gameplay are ok. I played now some houres without problems, but go only to claim new homes and little side mission.

No, it isn’t a new mission. It is part of the FNIX Rising expansion, which has been around for quite a while now. The FNIX Rising expansion’s mission line has had issues off and on for a long while, though…

Lately, there have been many reports of crashes involving the truck—ANY mission in that lineup that involves the truck… So, yeah, it could be that the bug was new for a while. It is supposedly caused by explosions near the truck—ANY explosion. Hitting a Hunter’s fuel tank, a close hit from an 84mm HEDP round, 40mm HE round, or a round from an RPG, rockets/missiles/mortars from Harvesters, Tanks, or Runners, hand grenades, mines, or the artillery piece that FNIX uses during the FNIX Rising mission line, any explosion that happens close enough to the truck.

This patch that just went out for XBOX is supposed to be a fix for it, and the patch should be going out to other platforms SOON. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anybody mention whether the patch actually WORKS yet. Maybe I haven’t checked in all the right threads where folks had reported the issue, before. Thought I had, but, maybe I missed something.

1 Like

The patch is out on every platform, but for Steam there came another issue with it, which causes crashes on startup. The team already found the reason and will deliver a hotfix for it asap.

Btw, haven’t read any comments about if this mission Line is working now, too.

Just guessing, but I quote myself

Couple of folks have now reported elsewhere that FNIX Rising issues have been resolved, it seems.

If folks in this thread haven’t gone back and tried it again yet, I’d suggest doing so to see if the situation has improved.