My feedback/requests and thoughts

I wasn’t sure if I should make one big post or break it up into multiple, decided to go with one post so it is easier to ignore if people are not interested:upside_down_face:

I know bug fixes take priority over quality of life fixes and some people are upset that those nonessential additions are being added before it is all fixed, but I don’t know how the dev team is set up. some people that may not know a lot about some of the essential fixes could be focusing on the other additions to keep the game moving forward. or even a dev could be spending too much time on one project and works on something else to avoid getting burned out on it. Also, some players are not experiencing a few of those game breaking bugs others are and this will help keep them interested in the game with new content as well.

Here is my take on some things I would like to be added, things that I’ve seen other people have requested and may or not agree with and things that are supposedly are already being added to the game. some I may have already mentioned in other posts but here they are again anyway. Some I think would help solve a few problems and others are just for convenience or fun. If you actually read it all or just skim through it and find something you disagree with me about, please tell me why I’m wrong so we can argue about it in the comments. just kidding about the arguing, we don’t have to agree.

Inventory management-I don’t have to say much about this. we all know it needs a rework. items not going into the stack if the item or weapon is equipped. one main thing I would like to see added is when you are looking at your weapons, while you can see if you have a scope or attachment on it, you can not easily tell the quality. mousing over it should show you more info.

Crafting- I’m not sure what kind of crafting they plan to do. I hope it doesn’t take up our already limited bag space to collect a bunch of junk to break down. I don’t feel we need a major crafting system myself but could be nice to be able to craft some new weapons or traps and if I don’t like it I can probably still enjoy the game without it.

Requested Weapons
Bow - Normal arrows may not be very effective against the metal bots but trick arrows would be useful. crafting could come in handy here. we could combine arrows with flares, grenades, EMPs or whatever else.

Trip-wirenot expecting to actually trip a hunter but set it up to trigger a grenade, radio or EMP. I

Abilities
Weapon bash
-I know a lot of people want melee weapons and while I don’t disagree, what I really want is to weapon bash with my equipped weapon. useful against Ticks or Seekers. I’m not against dedicated melee weapons but that would be another thing to carry

Dodge/quick roll- need some way to try to avoid those Hunters jumping at you or when a Runner lunges at you.

climb- would be nice to climb up on top of those freight containers, especially when they are stacked on top of each other, you can open the doors to the top one but can’t get in and hide.

swimming-i’m okay with not being able to swim in the game, we are surrounded by water and it’s an easy way to try to keep us in a designated play area

Mission Items-We are able to explore in any direction and sometimes we do things and pick up mission-related items in the wrong order. I would like a key items tab in the log where all mission items go. I know they are displayed with each mission but if we had a separate tab we could see what we have already picked up even if the mission has not been started. Bunker cards should also go there so we can tell if we already have what we need and the doors still won’t open for some reason or if they are just not dropping. Mission items picked up after mission is completed should also continue to be added to the log, they contain story information and I feel like I am missing out.

Mission Reset-please add the ability to uncompleted missions, all related mission items should be lost and be able to be picked up/interacted with again. not asking for the ability to redo completed missions again this way, just be able to fix bugged out missions or if we are otherwise lost on it.

Survival mode- Many people want a hunger system for a more “immersive” survival experience and while I don’t think it is necessary, a separate survival mode with that in it would be welcome.

Computers-There are a lot of computers in the game, why not let us interact with them and pick up stories, info, quests, schematics for crafting, etc. not wanting to have to hack them. most of the home computers probably wouldn’t be password protected and in the bunkers, you could find passwords on corpses or written down somewhere.

NPC’s- I’ve seen requests for these and do not personally want them. I’ve noticed a couple of different types requested
enemy players-I’ve seen people mention wanting enemy survivors like raiders. to me that would change the game too much, we should be trying to fight the machines, not each other

quest givers-we are just teenagers out there fighting to stay alive, I don’t want some military guy telling me to go out and kill some bots, collect things or that another settlement needs my help. if there are other humans out there they need to get off there butts and fight back too, not sit in a bunker sending me out on missions.

Skill respec- I think we all want this

Skill Tree Needed-You are forced to spend 2 points in stamina before you can get to the 2 to increase carry capacity. running speed and stamina increases are not bad but wouldn’t have been my first choices. XP increasing skills become worthless later on. I don’t have any actual helpful suggestions on what to do here but the skill lines should be more of a skill tree with better options.

Multiple save files-keep the current setup with four characters sharing a world, missions and I believe eventually storage. just let me make a second savefile. I know as a PC player I can copy and rename my files back and forth but console players do not have that option. I’d like to have a separate game for solo and multiplayer

New Bots-I know there are a lot of ideas floating around. I’d like some sort of bot that attacks from underground. also if they are planning on adding melee weapons we might need something a little more squishy we can bash. I have mentioned wanting some steampunk style bots but that doesn’t really fit the setting. more about that below

Zombies-pretty sure it was in the survey as a joke, just want to take this opportunity to vote “NO” again.

Photo Mode-already being added but I wanted this from the start. I’m not really able to play multiplayer at the moment so I don’t care what my character wears right now. This gives a reason to play with their styles and take pics

Requested Apparel-
Classic red and blue 3D glasses- I just think it would look cool. mentioned it to Bidden and he said he’d like it to have the red/blue effect on the screen but not sure myself. unless I could put on a pair in the real world and play the game in 3D

Broken gas mask- I know many people already feel the current gas mask is broken. I want to be able to wear a gas mask at all times but without current visual effect. I don’t care if it doesn’t protect me but I would like to be able to see out of it. If the gas mask intentionally did no gas protecting, letting me see clearly wouldn’t be out of the question. I really just want to be able to go around asking people “are you my mummy?”

New Game+- I haven’t completed the story myself so not sure what would work best, keep weapon, skills, levels. add more skills, increase difficulty? I do know that I would not be so worried about completing certain bugged side missions if I knew I could play through again without a total restart

Non-Canon DLC-here is where my steampunk style robot ideas could work. add some new styles of bots and weapons in various themes that don’t fit the story, in a separate mode/save file. a really good suggestion is right here by @Xogroroth about alien machines Robot requests for GenZ didn’t think it was fitting for the game as it is but it could work like this

2 Likes

@kakarron
Nice post!

Now, I do have a few remarks about melee…
Most of the machines (hunters and up), it would not be a great idea to head in and try to pummel them down.
Hunters have a decent melee, bar better than we would have, due to their mass.
Their armour as well, would make melee basically useless.
Then there’s the height of some machines: you would need super jump to even reach them.

NPC: OH NO!!!
The ONLY NPC I like to encounter are extremely dead ones.
People bore me to death with their yappin’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quest Givers: Right with ya!

Zombies: Let people stay dead.

Additional weapon type: we got Pistol, AR, Rifle, Zooka, Sniper, but where’s my bloody LMG???

Fine post there, my friend!

1 Like

I definitely would not recommend trying to melee a hunter but if someone else wants to take a swing at one, i’d gladly let them be a distraction so i get get away

@kakarron
The only ones i can see this working on are the ticks…
Baseball them away when they jump at you.

Others then would, I THINK, have not much effect from a weapon but on their head.

But feel free to test this out.
Bee caweful thow…

realized i didn’t mention transportation here

nice post man , @kakarron , i hope some devs read this

1 Like

@kakarron
Why would bikes be a good idea?
I ask this because, IMHO, it defeats the idea of the game, to be able to drive.
Also, I think it would be quite illogical to drive, seeing enemies scurry around everywhere.

No wait, let me rephrase, lol: “Also, I think it would be quite illogical to drive, seeing enemies should be scurrying around EVERYWHERE.”
Yes, much, much better.

i don’t think bicycles would harm the game. yes you’d be able to travel faster but i don’t think they would have to be super fast. stamina should be used to pedal and like i said, weapon use on them limited, mainly used for exploring and evading.

@kakarron
I’m not talking about ‘balance’ per se.
What I mean is, to what purpose would a bike serve.
You being on foot has a purpose, encounters, findings, exploration…, to name a few.
All this would be limited when on/in a vehicle.

Don’t get me wrong, please, my friend, I am asking a question, I am NOT engaging your idea.
I just want to understand the reason as to why transport, of any nature, would be a good thing…

It’s optional, I get that, no one FORCES me to use that transport, it’s merely available to those that should want it.
But I wonder about possible consequences…

purpose? to go faster not really an essential addition i know. but a lot of people seem to want transportation of some sort and it is the one that makes the most sense to me. I’d really like to be able to hack and ride a runner but that is too much.

1 Like

@kakarron
Well, I hope they will implement it.
For me, I prefer taking it slowly…

But to each his own, my friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like