New Player - Super Slow? (poor performance due to GPU not being used)

So, I am a new player, just bought them game and installed it, I start a new game and movement is like walking through molasses. Bringing a gun up to aim takes a fell second, reloading is excruciatingly slow, etc.

What’s going on? Is this a bug? Is my machine not good enough? I know it’s not how it’s supposed to be because I watched some videos. It’s literally like moving in slow motion.

Are you sure you don’t carry too much? What is the weight?

Also sharing your PC specs with us would be nice.

1 Like

It started since the very beginning when I was carrying nothing and I am still well below my weight max.

Windows 10 Pro
AMD A8-7600
Radeon R7
16 GB Ram

That’s the culprit. You have APU in there, which wasn’t good APU even when it was released, back in 2014. And without dedicated GPU, instead using the iGPU inside the APU, well, it’s miracle that GZ even runs on your PC. :astonished:

For example, i can play GZ with high/ultra settings @ 1080p with 60+ FPS. And for comparison, here’s my PC vs your PC. (My PC as baseline, your PC as alternative.) :slight_smile:

Userbenchmark PC Build Comparison

Baseline Bench: Game 66%, Desk 89%, Work 53%
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB €73
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 3000 C15 4x4GB
MBD: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 (MS-7977) €112

Alternative Bench: Game 5%, Desk 46%, Work 4%
CPU: AMD A8-7600 APU (2014 D.Ka)
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3 1600 C10 2x8GB

See the difference?
(For your PC, i put in random HDD and random 16GB DDR3 RAM, to get the comparison complete.)

So, if you want to play at comfortable FPS, 40+, you need to look towards new CPU-MoBo-RAM combo + dedicated GPU. Essentially, a new PC.

Or play it via GeForce Now, in which case it will run on a potato.

1 Like

Found out I wasn’t using my actual video card, got that worked out and, despite Aesyles claims the game now works perfectly.

Glad to hear you worked it out. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
Since the issue was solved, I’ll be locking this report.

//Mod