NPC/player model disappeared

Platform: PC-steam

Description: Sometimes NPC model disappeared ,and the player model doesn’t show in menu ,I have to rejoin the world

Steps To Reproduce: It appears randomly,seems it connected with some inventory glitch somehow,when interactive with containers and pressing WASD at same time ,the item in it will stick to my cursor,do it multiple times seems easier to reproduce the bug

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: host/singleplayer

Players in your game: only myself

Specifications: RTX2080Ti 11G ; i9-9900k; MSI MEG z390 ACE; 4266 c-19 8G*2

i had the hotel do that to me once, no people, but restarting brought them back, it’s not like I needed them for anything anyway, I only needed to go to hotel for a assignment I was doing anyway, the 20 tvs, then back to the main island, :blush: and a few days after restarting , the 10 tvs, back to the hotel, the people were there again, I don’t know

1 Like

Maybe they were on secret mission :thinking:

My mate and I had a situation two days ago, where He wasn’t able to see my companion.
So I picked it up, placed it again and then he was able to see it.

It’s like some instances that need to be loaded to be there sometimes aren’t able to load or don’t load fast enough… And then stop loading for this session. Maybe it’s a memory overflow or a timeout.

It’s like with the ghosting machine sounds. :man_shrugging:

Maybe you have the FNIX Rising DLC disabled, if so then there will be no NPCs in the ringfort.

He shouldn’t be able to enter the tunnels in that case.

Nah,I already completed “clear the road”

He could if he finished FNIX Rising. I had the same problem and it was because I disabled the DLC on Steam, afterwards I noticed that the NBCs were missing, so I enabled the DLC again and the NPCs were back.

The NPCs and player models becoming invisible is part of a somewhat bigger issue that also involves the player model at the sewing table and the vehicle models at the vehicle station, and some apparel items in loot containers/on wrecks. If I remember right, these issues have been going around since they added augmentations.

Specifically, after about an hour or so play time, all these seemingly connected issues start up. NPCs at ANY location will be invisible, the player models won’t show at the sewing table or in the different inventory pages, the vehicle models won’t show properly at the vehicle station, and some apparel items in loot containers/on wrecks won’t display quite right.

It may not happen for everyone, certain consoles/high spec computers may be immune, but otherwise it doesn’t seem to matter if you’re alone, in co-op as the host, or as the guest/client. Just a matter of time, or so it seems.

Just read this post from @omaga, maybe this helps for you too.

All it takes to temporarily fix the invisible NPC glitch, messed up sewing table and vehicle station views, etc, is a simple restart. But, as I mentioned elsewhere at some point, all those problems will come back after a while.