Words on the survey: appreciated, but disappointed

Update in 5/23:

I made a review of my previous word and found some improper expressions. Because I’m not a naïve English user, please kindly point out my expression faults when I fail to express myself properly, thanks!

If we take a look into the survey, I find the survey concentrate on “what new stuff we are going to add into the game to create new ways of playing” instead of “we are gonna tell the whole story in a more detailed, immersive way that everyone will be impressed while fixing current issues to make the game playable”, the latter one is what I’d like to see.

Finally, I appreciate the effort the dev team did, but I think different views shall be expressed either. If my opinion conflict with yours, please kindly tell me what your points are and discuss.

The followings are the original post:

the initial of the survey is good, but I don’t like the way you guys put something:

What do you mean DLC or purchasable items? The current game is broken and you guys need to fix it up before releasing those fraud contents. The current gameplay is not satisfying enough for the players to bear you releasing paid contents——these can be done with mods like replacing certain weapons with other ones, in other words, your game does not deserve being praised with DLCs.

The question on the possible enemy selecting is pretty funny——don’t take it wrong, we are playing a game fighting against robots, and you guys think we gonna want zombies? Do the developers on this part know what exactly the core of the game is? I don’t think he/she dose. Besides, the feeling of the players have on the gameplay reveals that the grade of difficulty is broken and we need a dynamic system of enemy respawning (depend on the level of the payer and the current skills he/she employ).

In addition I’d like to mention that the perk tree is a broken one, especially the useless EMP attack. Some of the perk are meaningless and the other ones are confusing whether or not should the players enable it, which further annoys the player through out exploring the empty open world.

I like the game, the settings are awesome. However, if the core and major bugs are not fixed, I won’t pay a penny for the further expansion (if there to be any

Plz be sure to fix the game for I want more and more players will join us in the fight.

1 Like

I wouldn’t feel comfortable buying DLC for the game in it’s current state either but I don’t think they intend on putting out the paid DLC until they stabilize things anyway.
also I’m not sure but I think that they put zombies and other options in the survey to prove that people do not want them in the game.

I just think zombies should not be listed as an option… What’s wrong with the survey guy?

I’d like to see alien involvement.
NOT aliens on our planet!!!
But aliens having turned our machines against us, while they, in the mean time, create a plethora of more advanced and dangerous machines that they throw at us.
Not ONE alien sets foot on Earth, they stay safely up there, and let a completely newly created race of (intellectual???") machines do the clean up for them.

This could create a totally new array of weapons, crafting, enemies, you name it.
Let me refer to a post in that regard:

There’s an idea or 3, and a picture or 2, as base thought… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, I just browsed the post and found it exciting. We need to expand the setting further more by adding detailed plot to the story, and this is the game I hope it to be. Lot of thanks!

i respectfully disagree with the aliens myself but that is why i think the surveys needs things like zombies and aliens. just because I don’t want it doesn’t mean enough others wouldn’t. I don’t think your alien idea is a bad idea, just don’t think it fits the game as i see it.

1 Like

Not ALIENS, but THEIR MACHINES…

I do not want to run into a life, the core of the game is machines opposing us, and I want to stay on this path.
But alien MACHINES?
Myeah, I could see that work…

It will bring variation, at least, right?

2 Likes

I think you’re being quite unreasonable.
This is a budget title made by a small team and for this time following release, all they’ve been doing has been to work on fixing bugs. It’s not until now they’re going to start implementing quality of life features.
You basically get a game with ambitions similar to Fallout 76 at half price, with no season pass, no day one DLC and no loot boxes. Hence, calling anything about this game a “fraud” is absolutely ludicrous.

The survey and the broad spectrum of questions tells me that they haven’t started work on any DLC. They intend to give this game legs and are asking whether we want small, frequent and free extra content, or more substantial addition.

I was very happy with the questions they asked, it shows that they’re willing to listen to the community and create the game we want. Personall

4 Likes

Not to mention the ‘zombies’ bit seemed as a bit of an in-joke to me. Like Surströmming as a weapon, or Snus :smile:

Check the steam comment on the survey, I don’t think the current status of the game is well enough for the dev to think about DLC and purchasable content, for the game is incomplete and broken.
U mentioned the Fallout 76, don’t you think the generation zero is just like a 1989 type FO76? No NPC, the story is mainly told using dead body and records——these are not factors of a good open world game. And the price? come on, they even asked u whether or not the price is too low!

I’m not denying the developer’s ambition and their friendly request of helping them make a better game, but some of the survey content is not suitable for the current game status, in other word, it’s just not the time to talk about DLC and those expansion packs, we need to complete the game and fill the empty open world with meaningful stuff, u know what I’m talking bout?

Currently the game is still disappointing and uncompleted, that’s why I don’t feel satisfied with the survey.

1 Like

In stream they said ’ they wanted to address the bug’s before they add content ’ . I can only assume that the survey was to see a direction that player’s want to gravitate toward’s for future use , so that leave’s may update with some bug fixe’s and improvement’s and maybe some content they had planned before the survey , cheers :+1:

1 Like

Did you read a single thing I previously wrote?

The devs have said that they’re working on solving the bugs, and that they’ll soon start to implement quality of life changes. These changes will be free of charge. And yes, I DID compare the game to Fallout 76. A game that’s made with a much higher budget, that’s got a massive fanbase, is sold at full price and has additional monetization.

You absolutely must understand that this is a niche title with a low budget where the devs have made the rare decision to not go balls-to the walls crazy with DLC. It’s completely unreasonable to expect this game to contain everything a AAA game has. Because it isn’t one.

The time is very much right to start thinking about DLC. It’s going to take weeks, if not months to compile the information and plan what their strategy going forth is going to be. I doubt we’ll see any paid DLC att all this year, because actually developing the DLC is then going to take a long time.

The survey is a good thing. It tells us that Avalanche see a future for this game That they’ll continue to support it and intend to iron out all the bugs and fix the gameplay flaws that people are complaining about.

4 Likes

Why you guys tend to put your ideas in a such aggressive way? And I wonder if you got my point?

The game should have further development, but we are talking about what the game should be upon its release. You can’t publish a half-done work and blame players for not having enough patience toward the game, that is unreasonable and irresponsible for a dev team who have had made great games like hunter wild .etc.

Seriously, low budget is not the excuse for any dev team to release undone project. And upon the current speed of bug-fixing and patch overhauling, I don’t think the current game is enjoyable at most of the time in a near future. Don’t forget the FO76 is not an sequel to the main plot either and its graphic, game design etc. is by no means AAA in 2018, moreover it is more like a DLC of FO4 rather than a independent game in the Fallout series and it got 33% off a week later after release, and the fanbase got infuriated almost immediately when Todd announced that the game will have no NPC or stupid things like that.

I understand the reason why they are looking into possibility of further DLC releasing, but the current gaming experience and the annoying speed of bug-fixing make the players just won’t pay more for the game until it is fixed to be what it should be upon release——few bugs, no fatal errors, engaging gameplay and fun open world——which is still a long way to go.

1 Like

@Hogge
Excuse me, who called it a fraud?

@Hentai_in_action
The game has a few minor issues, true.
But it’s good, still.

I REALLY hope the only NPC will be those nailed to walls or flattened under tanks.
The lack of human NPC’s is a true joy.
People are so… PEOPLE… :frowning:Dead people are good people.

Now, you say, some of the suggestions by the devs are not suitable for this game.
I FEEL the same way, but I THINK quite another.
when you want to sell something, it is the masses you need to think of, NOT one or two folks out of many…

1 Like

Point’s made all party’s , now can we all please go for calm break , cheers:+1:

I agree that NPCs are not needed in this game. 76 was from a game series that NPCs were already established as a part of so it feels like they are missing there but not having them from the start and having to rely on notes and messages to get info and messages works for me.

@Hentai_in_action
I agree with you fully, fix the game breaking bugs as a priority.

They already got £29.99 from me for a game that I’m unable to progress in because of a mission bug.

DLC :joy:
Stick to the basics, fix the base game (crawl) then add DLC (walk)

While I appreciate the effort was made to poll the community for input, the survey itself was kind of crap IMHO. Very little info of value will be gleaned from the answers we had to choose from. And some of the options in some of those questions looked like they scoured the forum for the dumbest suggestions ever that would have no place in this game.

The minute I encounter a dinosaur / zombie / alien /mythological Norse creature / timed hoard or if it turns into a base building survival game, it’s getting uninstalled. I already own games that do all of those things and Iplay GZ specifically because it’s NOT that and that’s what makes it fun and unique.

1 Like

I made a review of my word and found some improper expressions. Because I’m not a naïve English user, please kindly point out my expression faults when I fail to express myself properly, thanks!

Back to the topic: We need to expand the plot while filling the game world with more meaningful stuff like more records and sideline missions (the current in-game missions are more like fragments of little stories and they are not vivid enough to touch the players). Instead of involving new types of enemies (I mean enemies like aliens and zombies, new robot enemies or such are always welcomed), I want the whole story told in a more immersive way to match the beautiful scene and the wonderful world out look.
If we take a look into the survey, I find the survey concentrate on “what new stuff we are going to add into the game to create new ways of playing” instead of “we are gonna tell the whole story in a more detailed, immersive way that everyone will be impressed while fixing current issues to make the game playable”, the latter one is what I’d like to see.
Finally, I appreciate the effort the dev team did, but I think different views shall be expressed either. If my opinion conflict with yours, please kindly tell me what your points are and discuss.

I updated the post and made correction of some expression mistakes, I found my previous remarks a bit unreasonable and extreme, sorry for that if I offended you.