Patch.1.06 (PS4)

The game is broken for singleplayer after this new patches… I really really liked this game, i bought the game day one, but the only thing i feel now is anger… Why? Ther have nerfed down the adrenaline shots and explosions damage but increased both the severity and the hp to the “robots”…

Fix the game…

1 Like

The game is still broken. When i load the game up i’m stuck in the bunker because the door are locked so when i fast travel the game crashes. So far its crashed and froze when fast travailing then crashed twice before i can even get out the safe house.

I downloaded the update 1.06 but I still cannot play. Get the error message on the broken save file. Why do I still get the error???

I respect your devoted support for Avalanche, however feel it’s misplaced. GenZero wasn’t early access but sold complete. The “patch it later” mentality has damaged this industry beyond repair, and Avalanche are as guilty as many high profile studios.
Today’s patch which albeit fixed the “continue” bug, but has opened up countless others. GenZero is genuinely broken. It’s not gamer’s over reacting, being childish or entitled…Avalanche have singlehandedly destroyed their game In pursuit of attracting new players at the expense of their dedicated fanbase. That’s disgusting. Outrageous. Avalanche should be ashamed of themselves, and perhaps time for you to see them for what they truly are.

3 Likes

You’re misunderstanding the reason behind my loyalty towards them. Whenever I say “The devs are dedicated to the game” or “the devs care about your opinion”, I mean the actual team that is coding, testing, reviewing, improving, patching and communicating the game every single day, even right now as we speak. I have personally talked to many of them and I know exactly how much passion they have for this, and as long as they do, so will I.
I do NOT agree with the way GZ was marketed, but the dev team had nothing to do with that. Could it have used 6 more months before release? Yes. Should it have gotten those 6 months? Indubitably. But it didn’t, and the way it is now is just as frustrating to the people behind it as it is to the Community. They don’t want you to be disappointed. They want you to enjoy the game, to talk about it with your friends and to return to it for more. And that’s exactly what they’re putting all their effort into right now.
I’m not happy with the way it was released. That does not prevent me from supporting it with everything I’ve got until it is the way that I’d like it to be.

I hope this cleared things up for you. You’re absolutely right that more and more publishers are releasing games way too early, unfinished and often with outrageous microtransactions and the like attached to it. But I believe that they can pull this around. With all my heart.

7 Likes

Well written and sincere reply, I appreciate that greatly.
My only response to that, as quite honestly your articulation warrants no counter rebuttal; is however pointing out another post 1.06 patch. All containers, boxes, lockers etc are completely empty. I personally counted 60 containers which were devoid of any content.
I want to keep GenZero. I want to support it. But Avalanches own murder are making it all but impossible to do so.

1 Like

sounds more like a bug with the fact that they said in the patch notes for 1.05 that they made it so there isn’t persistent loot in the world but it was only supposed to effect things like weapons lying out in the open, it wasn’t supposed to effect containers.

1 Like

Every single container is empty? That’s something I haven’t heard of! Are you sure it’s not connected to the recent patch 1.05, which made container loot respawn only after 4 hours of ingame time? It’s true that toolbox containers do not currently contain any loot, though.
What you may not know right now is that Myself and a few others surveil the forums constantly and compile feedback into handy lists for the devs to look at so they can focus on making the actual changes. Every single thing on there is taken seriously and they try to satisfy as many as possible.
So I can say with absolute confidence that the mystery of disappearing loot will be fixed. It’s already on their radar. Whether they have planned it for the next update or whether it didn’t quite make the cut yet, I don’t know. But I know they’re gonna do something about it

Yep every container. Car boots, tool boxes, draws, all empty. However, the robots themselves ONLY supply…birdshot. It’s insane how Avalanche continue to destroy their game more and more each patch (on 1.06 by the way).
I had deleted GenZero then on hearing the hot fix was out quickly I decided to download it again. Sadly, it’s just a mess.
Without being facetious I find myself genuinely questioning whether the team are play testing GenZero for bugs and balance issues, because it feels like they all walked away a long time ago.

Edit: I misread your comment about compiling data which is forwarded on to the team. That’s really good of you. I have to wonder why they don’t see some of the more obvious problems though. Take the lack of loot and removal of health/adrenalin. Who own Earth thought that was a good idea? Someone who hasn’t sat down and played for several hours perhaps?
GenZero will be a poster child on how to self destruct your own game after launch.

They did not walk away. They are more active than ever.
Look, if you don’t like the changes they made to health and adrenaline, that’s fine. I just played for 5 hours solo up north without dying, so I like the way it currently is. if you have problems with the difficulty, feel free to submit a feedback post asking them to change it back.
By the way, it was actually changed to be that way because of player feedback :wink:

Adrenaline still drops, but now it’s more likely you’ll find them where it makes sense for them to be. Military bases, for example. Or survival camps.

1 Like

As someone who is genuinely grateful to be able to start the game again, and play it for the second time, I am regretting to say I’m going to put it away for at least six months. Seems like too many changes seemingly arbitrarily with each update. Now there are ticks spawning in buildings and military grade hunters basically in the tutorial area.

Just a thought, but what about a big organized community survey to see what’s working and what isn’t right now, since obviously the dev team is trying to adjust some things? Questions like “do you enjoy fighting ticks,” “do you want ticks to spawn indoors,” “do you want respawning loot,” “do you want a persistent world between characters,” “do you think runners deal enough melee damage,” “do you like being knocked down after melee attacks,” etc?

Something really thorough and well organized that will allow for quantifiable feedback data instead of just a few forum posts might work better for getting the game where people have the most fun with it.

2 Likes

Once you get to the point that you have decent equipment, it’s really not too bad. The very beginning is absolutely brutal right now if you’re playing solo though, especially with well armored enemies showing up a lot sooner than they used to. I started fresh the other day, and I’ve died 7 times just getting to Salthamn (not counting twice I just force quit the game before it could save because I died with no adrenalin shots and had almost run out of ammo trying to kill a hunter less than 500m from Yttervik). Back when the game came out and I first started playing I died once before getting to Minken (where I promptly died due to being swarmed by ticks), and it was because of fall damage from getting knocked off a cliff by a runner’s melee attack. I didn’t go through anywhere near as many medkits previously either (I’ve been lucky so far if I can keep 10 on hand between how much I’m having to use them and how infrequently they’re spawning, used to be able to easily keep two stacks of them).

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the difficulty, and I’ve been playing since launch (even pre-ordered). However, since 1.06 I haven’t got any ammo other than birdshot, and not one health pack or adrenaline shot. Take into account the world has become infested with Ticks, Hunter’s are in large packs (5 at a time seems to be the case for me currently), along with half a dozen Runners, combat just isn’t enjoyable.
Right now I have no ammunition other than birdshot, no grenades, RPG, and no health packs of any kind. I’ve searched towns, bunkers, villages…Nothing.
You may continue to imply this is all my fault, but from where I stand all I see is a broken game.

1 Like

Don’t twist my words in my mouth, please. I said it was your opinion, not your fault. There’s nothing wrong with your feedback.

Is that so…? Cause there’s been repetitive reports for the last 2 months about specific bugs halting mission progression, clipping, enemies seeing you through walls, and the list goes on and on. Yet, this last patch focused absolutely nothing on any of the reports that I see come up dozens of times in a day by separate people. Instead they just made the beginning island populated enough so new players didn’t get bored and quit before getting across to the mainland. Nothing was done for the the day 1 players, who have been continuing to report issues, and putting up with the frustration caused from them. And now, playing solo is pretty much impossible, as you don’t get enough medkits or ammo if you get swarmed by several machines.
At least over half of the lootable containers are just empty, where before every single one had something in it (well there would be one maybe out of every 100 you loot that was empty). And people are putting the game down now, or completely giving up on it. I mean, how long do they expect the day 1 players to stand by and support them, while month after month they’ve reported the same issues, yet seen nothing done about them now going on 3 months…

And how do they expect new players to stay interested when right off the bat now, you get bombarded by hunters, walkers and ticks who just destroy you while you still have trash weapons, and you keep burning through all your ammo and meds cause they overpopulated the starting island and needed the loot…?

It’s like they don’t even test their own game…

2 Likes

Easy there cowboy, no need to get upset. I was referring to your comment about if I had problems with the difficulty. I was simply saying… no. I wasn’t twisting your words.
I don’t think I’ll be returning here. You come across a little bit obsessive.
I initially enjoyed talking to you, but our time together has run its course.

4 Likes

There’s some very passionate mods running extreme damage control over this game. Acting like everything is smooth sailin lol! I feel the same as you.

3 Likes

I feel this thread has derailed quite a bit since the original post, and turned into drama. Shame to see people go, but ultimately it’s their choice. I’ll be locking this now.

1 Like