PS4 ringfort single play virtually impossible

Again: sad= losing half a year of ammo gathering in a mission of a few minutes. That’s still out of proportion in my book. And extremely disappointing.
Anyways: I made it. The ringfort is behind me. And without lowering diff. Thnx for the support, m’droogs !

1 Like

Still wondering how much ammo you actually used, in plain numbers… How much is half a year’s worth? Fighting the Reaper cost me 2000 rounds of 7.62 and 400 rounds of .50 BMG in less than 20 minutes… That was only a little bit of all that I had.

If you really want to know, I’ll do the maths for you next time when I fire up the game, but it’s all relative, isn’t it ? You’re clearly way better at this than I am. I am a loner, stealth. In spite of all the rivals I downed I’ve only picked up one single experimental: a handgun. Not exactly the kinda piece with which you impress the waves at the ringfort, is it ? My fav is automat gevär 4 and the 5 as a stand-in. And the pansar 90. I managed the ringfort with the granatgevär. I used just over 30 HEDP for the fort and the following 2 rivals. The 3d one I downed longdistance with 7.62. But that’s easy, because you can hide. Which I will not be able to do to defend the truck, I guess.

Defending the truck was super easy. It stops moving forward whenever you aren’t near it. Just walk away from the truck till it stops, then go a ways up the road and deal with whatever is ahead waiting for the truck then go back to the truck to have it move again. Rinse and Repeat. The truck never takes any damage until its almost all the way to the end.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed lol and adapted my strategy to that for solo xd

We are talking about the 3 waves that attack the ring fort??? I’m not judging just confused. I’m on ps4 adventure difficulty just to relax and enjoy the game and I beat that without downing. It’s only hunters and dogs that spawned. I only used like 60 .50 cal ammo for the whole thing.
I also have plenty of ammo if you need it and glad you beat it.

1 Like

Yep, we are. It was a complete surprise for me in Skirmish. Sweet of you to offer, DangerNoodle, but I hope I can keep tackling this on my own, apart from the odd advice I can find when the game totally surprises me. :wink:
For something completely different: did I miss something in the last notes ? 'bots simply get inside barns and houses way easier than before FNIX ?! Is that part of the deal ?

@trikke11 What is the name of the mission?
Tidal wave?

Ok from the comments, i guess it was…Maybe your game has a bug?
The mission was super easy, i did it on skirmish and was a walk in the park.
1 month ago one user from the forum complained that while playing in Adventure for him to destroy a hunter he add to use at least 100/200 or more bullets from the AG4 or any assault rifle.
I helped him with some advice, in the end he discovered his game was all messed up,all the machines had at least 2 or 3 times the HP they have on Guerrilla mode.
It was on PC.
Do you also need to waste that many bullets for a hunter to go down?

Bots have always been getting into buildings for me so it was common the whole time for me but I like the fact even though it’s a bug it keeps me on my toes

@Mr_A1992 lol, I never count while trying to survive. :wink: But I don’t have the feeling my game is messed up like that. In fact when I get the opportunity I can kill a hunter with one shot right in its barrel. There even is a reward for that, if I remember correctly.

@Wolf_Spirit07 Last night I had more 'bots in the attic of a barn than outside. Bummer !

I’m currently doing FNIX Rising for the 2’nd time, and I suddenly remembered this discussion with @trikke11. I decided to record the Tidal Wave mission, while doing it on Guerilla difficulty.

…now I’m wondering even more why people are struggling with it! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Looked easy. :smiley: Then again, GZ has big emphasis for co-op play and this is one of the few missions where co-op play is preferred.

1 Like

It was easy. Much too easy to be called “virtually impossible”, like the OP did. And much too easy to believe that X amount of people are so stuck here that they end up sharing each other’s save files to get past it… :thinking:

Like I said before, I don’t mean to judge or to brag. Personally, I can never master playing FPS games on consoles. I simply can’t aim with a thumbstick! :grimacing:

OP also claims a “year’s worth of ammo” had been wasted on this mission. Also beyond my understanding. On this attempt I used 686 rounds of 7,62 mm, 22 rounds of .50 BMG, 4 rounds of .44 Mag, and 1 standard medkit…

Of course, but that would only make the mission easier. Even with scaling turned on. Unless they sent in more machines pr. player? :slight_smile:

Anyway, I didn’t do this just to rip open an old wound. I just wanted to see for myself what all the fuss was about. Looks like the OP hasn’t been active for a while. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Experimental kvm 59 and a handful of mines did the trick for me, skirmish, but I’m on PC and I too suck playing with a controller :rofl:

1 Like

@NJR87 @OGDH
Guys the mission is super easy.
It´s also not to brag, but there is more action in some zones at the Farmlands than the limited numbers of Hunters and Runners that attack in each wave.
So unless it was a bug that brought almost infinite reinforcements it is indeed easy.

I don´t know how the aim “buttons” of the Xbox controller works and how is their sensitivity.
But the PlayStation dualshock is super easy to use, and you can adjust the controller sensitivity so that it responds faster.
So at least on the PlayStation it´s as easy as with a mouse.

I just counted the spenditure in my attempt as well (solo, 1st try, Guerilla) and i got:

• 695x rounds of 7.62mm FMJ
  • 12x rounds of HE rockets
  • 22x rounds of 5.56mm FMJ
  • 2x advanced first aid kits

Not bad. :grin:

I saw your video too, @Aesyle. Didn’t look difficult for you either. :blush:

I watched my video again, and I actually wasn’t hit by the enemy at all. I took 62 damage in total, and all that was self-electrocution from my KVM! :zap::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::zap:

Again, I’m not trying to pick on the OP, but I will argue that his claims have been refuted. :slight_smile:

3 Likes