Realistic weapon sounds

Hey guys I know it’s a bit difficult to program a game having done some small at home games myself. Sound files are a pain and I’d like to say that you guys have done a great job with the audio files, and you have. However, all of the rifles and pistols with the exception of the “Experamental” weapons have the exact same audio file when in reality (immersion) every rifle sounds different.

The 50. BMG sounds way different to the Automatgevär 5 (correct my spelling if it’s wrong please!) Every rifle is unique in its own way but I’m not asking for that much detail. Just asking for a sound files for each weapon. The A4 sounding different to the A5 and the 32. Cal different from the 9mm.

I don’t know where your HQ is or what firearm laws are in effect. If you wish I will see what I can do as far as tracking down individual sound files for every caliber rifle handgun and other weapons in the game. Just don’t ask questions as far as where they came from if you have have me hunt them down.

You guys have done a great job so far! Keep up the great work!

Corrected topic title.

//Mod

Weapons in GZ do sound different when you fire them. As far as how accurate they are to the real life counterparts, that is questionable. At least to me, they sound just fine.

Also, in one of the dev streams, it was asked if the weapon sounds were recorded in-house. Devs answer to that is at 00:43:13,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/550826095?filter=archives&sort=time

And that is something no respectable gaming studio can’t do. Every sound file used in a game must be either recorded in-house, or have an approval from the owner of the sound file, usually in a form of official contract that many times includes royalties as well.
While you may get away using pirated sounds, game studios can’t. It has to be official and legit. Pirated sound files result in a very hefty fines and product pulling from stores. It can even close down entire game studio.

i LOVE the way my exp .50 cal echoes across the fields, but since we’re asking for realistic sounds, how about modeling realistic-ish echoes?
If i fire my rifle in a open field, the current echo is realistic, (simply AWESOME!) but if there was a barn, house or a cliff to my right, i would expect a quicker, sharper echo from that direction.
Any large enough and hard enough item reflects sounds, so tanks & harvesters should also reflect echoes.

Its the small details that really builds the experience, a small thing like a ejected brass casing bouncing on asfalt or concrete really heightens the immersion.
But that too can be evolved, the casing (spent ammo) should bounce off the wall and then hit the ground if im shooting next to a wall, creating a significant delay between the first bounce against the wall and the rest of them, on the floor.

The weapon’s report will echo depending on where it’s fired. Either indoors, or in a field, or in the forest. Though I suppose it can be difficult to discern with the Experimental PVG90 since it’s so loud.

@BLUEXEPHOS117

I’ve read your post at least 5 times now and I can’t for the life of me understand what it is you want. I tried to split the text up into different paragraphs for easier reading but it doesn’t help much. From what I understand, you think the guns’ discharges sound the same?

The weapons in GZ sound nothing alike, down to the detail of depending on the quality of the firearm. The Hunting rifles may sound similar, but altogether the sounds are of high enough quality to be recorded from IRL sources already, and mixed to be used in applications.

The PVG90 sounds distinctly different from the AG5, the AG5 sounds nothing like the AG4, etc.
I don’t know what else to add.

First you say that the devs have done a great job with the sounds, then they haven’t, then that you don’t care about details, then offer to exchange the sounds anyway. No, I don’t get the point of this post.

You’re welcome to elaborate a bit.

For the record though, if you’re referring to getting copyrighted sound files from pirated sources; that’s a direct forum violation of the Code of Conduct.