Rival FNIX Tank with indestructible tickpod

Hi guys, I just killed my first FNIX Tank rival, it was a lvl 3 one and it was tough. But not because its damage or HP, because of the endless Ticks.
Usually the first thing I shoot on FNIX Tanks is the Tick pot. So here the same. The only problem, the Tickpot had no Hitbox. My shots went straight through it. It was a funktional pod so it droped ticks every few seconds. Is this intended to make the fight harder? Have you experienced the same or is it a bug?

While fighting I managed to remove the autocanon and than the Rocket pod. But the tank was able to continue shooting rockets even thou I removed the pod. I tryed to shoot where it supposed to be, but no hitbox there, my shot went through. The same question, is it suppose to be so or a bug?

And btw it didn’t drop a Exp weapon :sob:

Edit: Ok since this seams to be a bug I changed the category.
Way to reproduce:
This rival became one by killing ne. Probably I removed the the tickpod and died after. Then I went killing other machines to lvl it up. When I meet him a few days later the pod regenerates fully funktional but without hitbox so indestructible. In the meantime I spend several hours in other regions.
Platform: pc
Single player.
Version: don’t know where to see it, but after the october update.

1 Like

This happens if you shoot their tick pod, die or travel far enough and return back to finish them off. Tanks & harvesters grow new tickpod if you return from far enough distance

1 Like

Its an bug, happens from time to time. They dont grow a new tickpod that would be tbh really stupid if the devs would add a function like that. If you damage a robot then he keeps his damage (thats what several devs already told the players).

Nevertheless this is exactly what happened on my video, and keep happening all the time. I guess it has something to do with re-spawning and restoring machines’ health upon reaching render distance. Something goes wrong in this procedure and we end up with fully functional tickpod without hitbox.

1 Like

Have you seen the phenomenen with the rocket pod before?

1 Like

my go to response when this happens is to emp that sucker into oblivion, can’t drop ticks if it can’t do anything at all :smiley:

Machines dont restore health, thats what the devs told us. The health and damage (status) will be saved. So imo its a bug that sometimes the are still be able to use destroyed weapons. What causes that bug is imo unknown, maybe it has something to do with going out of range, so the robot gets respawned and then there is no weapon check on the source code. Cause that check is not needed for new robots (cause they always spawn with full working weapons) but a damaged robot could have broken weapons and I think the weapons only get flagged as not working while you are destroying it. Should be an easy fix for a dev knowing where to look :wink:

1 Like

Something similar happened to me today, I was attacking a Rival military tank and destroyed his machine gun and missile launcher, took me a while(about 15 minutes) but he was almost down he was standing still and i went some steps back, then his weapons were back online and i almost died :sweat_smile:

I could just reproduce the bug with repaired indestructible wepona on a harvester.
Way to reproduce:
Destroy the harvesters rocket pods (ot was a rival).
Fast travel a few safe houses away.
Wait (I killed a few machines in the meantime to level the rival up)
Go back to the harvester.
Now the rocket pots are repaird and I could not destroy them eventhou there was a hit box.
When I shoot the pods, there were blue sparks but much smaller than usual.

I think that cause of a faulty subroutine spawing, creating a new robot but doesnt do a weapons still working check when creating the robot.

1 Like

I have seen that. I took a screenshot of the tank after the fight. It looked as if the rockets were coming from the back of the tank. In the screenshot, it is the part that my barrel is touching.

1 Like