Skinnarbol Crater — What Exactly was The Cause?

Thank you for posting this!

I have never been that keen on collecting collectibles in games so I have ignored the hunt for such things I GZ. However your post sparked my curiosity so I (cheated by googling nesting dolls locations) went around the map and picked up all that I haven’t stumbled on and read the whole story. Wow…it’s pretty dark, and in the light of the current war rather ominous and prophetic. We should all thank our lucky stars that the Russians (and the Swedes) haven’t gotten as far in the since of robotics as in the lore of GZ. :fearful:

The Crater seems to be a point on the map where the soviets and the FNIX robots had a fight. It’s an area where several firebirds and wolfs roam around. It could be the first fight between the reaper and the soviet forces. It is possible that they modded one of the firebirds into a firebird with attatched explosives. Like FNIX has a modded kind of a tough unit and so it could be that also the soviets have a modded unit of their toughest unit. Inside the remains of the bunker complex is the data for the reaper, so it could also be possible that the soviets wanted to get the informations for the reaper. When the two forces met at the crater’s location it could be possible that the modded firebird was supposed to inflict a crash with the reaper in order to destroy it. When the firebird crashed the same thing could have happend as when the tanks or harvesters shoot their rockets over a hihg distance. This would inflict several explosions around the area, explaining the remaining trees and the fact that this crater is full of FNIX and soviet machines. Maybe like the apocalypse class robots, the modded firebird could be equipped with uranium or other radioactive material, explaining the apocalypse FNIX machines. Maybe in a later update the game gets more boss-like machines and maybe this could mean that the mystery will be solved(they could introduce a rival like: Mechanical Unit дьявольская сова[devil owl]-Delta-666).
I will leave it to this and apologize for my terrible English(I’m german)

If you would have played the story and grabbed (and read) all the collectibles (matruschka dolls for example), you would know the answer.

The answer is out there :wink:

P.s. :wave: I’m german, too.

Too bad. Maybe they introduce something like a soviet boss machine in an update or a DLC for the three/four remaining unaccessible islands.

They neither confirmed nor denied a possible soviet boss machine. They may think about it.
That’s more than they already said for the remaining islands.
They have a long list with ideas for future content, but nothing is sure yet. And until now there are no plans for these islands.

That’s what they said.

a 18-hole golf course would be easy to put on one of the islands, all you need is the pro-shop, some golf carts, LOTS of open space with 18 sticks coming out of the ground & machines