Tanks are too hard

The difficulty of tanks is fine for the most part. Their AI / pathfinding is questionable.

5 Likes

Sure RnG is possible in solo against tanks, it’s groups of fnix hunters with that fletchet gun that test me. Got jumped by 9 once along with 2 tanks and 10 runners Lost alot of adrenaline shots and ammo and frame rate lol.

4 Likes

Lmao thats a forest gump never look back.

3 Likes

I managed ok to be fair, AI doesn’t react well to you running big circles around them (Forrest Gump style obviously) whilst engaging them. The Tanks destroyed most of the runners and the hunters kept shooting each other with all the crossfire I was causing by straffing them leaving me with a manageable number to engage head on. I do love this game but my time playing it has been limited due to frustrating issues I face on ps4.

1 Like

They get proper old school roboticly slow lol.If i encounter too much i give chase to a building while stopping hopeing theyll catch up but hunters normally doo bless em lol.Youve got no chance straffing a hunter it will get you.

1 Like

Particularly the FNIX hunters with the exploding flechettes. Those are tough and nasty.

1 Like

The ones with a long distance tractor cannon thing lol

1 Like

Especially when the flechettes attach to you. Insta-death, ouch.

1 Like

To be fair, we’re fighting an all metal war machine with a heavy machinegun mounted to it. So, ya it should totally lock you up and keep you pinned at the max range of the weapon. And if it’s a .50 then even more so. That thing should punch through most civilian structures and vehicles in fact so just be glad that isn’t a thing. I just wish the RPG rounds would hit harder than high speed tomatoes :frowning:

3 Likes

Havnt managed to kill one yet! Emptied all my ammo which was a waste of time so now its a case of run round them with a space of 5 miles between us :grinning:

2 Likes

What level were your guns?, where we’re you? and what tactics did you use? I ask because all of those factors effect your outcome.

1 Like

In all honesty tanks are fairly straightforward once you can figure out how to take them on properly. It does take a decent amount of ammunition but the rewards you can get are quite often worth it. If you don’t possess the resources to take them on then try to avoid them at all costs.

1 Like

On my way to the Bridge mission my guns are “Good” with my hunting rifle on four stars. My tactics, if you can call it that, was shoot and run which was obviously wrong. When I have loaded up with better grade weapons and lots of ammo I will try a different tactic.

2 Likes

I’ve killed a prototype tank with a Klaucke two star. Level 2 character. Had to use some 25-30 health packs. And a lot of ammo. But I gained more ammo than I wasted. But anything better than prototype I wouldn’t go for without better weapons. Only way to gain xp for my second character is to kill all robots I can find. Only reason I attacked it with a pistol.

2 Likes

Yeah, killing the FNIX tanks with anything other than heavy munitions is a pain. I regularly kill the military ones with nothing but a PVG 50 and a Sjöqvist (both only at exceptional, still haven’t found special ones yet), but I also have two ranks in salvage and thus rarely have ammo issues. The trick is to abuse the terrain so that they can’t easily hit you. Only time I really have issues against them is if they get stuck looping the machine gun (or the really rare ones with a missile pod and a mortar instead of a machine gun, I find they tend to spam attacks way more than the other variants). FNIX tanks just aren’t worth the effort for me most of the time though, so once I can finally get a special Sjöqvist and PVG 50 off of them (and probably a special silencer for the Klaucke, that’s the only big stat affecting thing I’m missing from my build) I probably will just avoid them.

Have you done the fort on the South Coast (where you have to disable the targetting mechanisms on the computers)?

You can’t finish it unless you kill the tank (you can’t get in). That Tank freezes when you fight it from the tunnel - it fires mortars over the tunnel, so you have to be in it, but it freezes until you kill it. I do this from time to time to try to get resupplies of rockets, or when a Tank has killed me and I want to get my own back.

P.S. - most of this thread was written before the updates that made it much harder to kill Tanks with gas bottles.

1 Like

@Bootie
Got that to look forward to then :grin:

3 Likes

Hey, The Tanks are actually very easy once you understand its weak points. For reference the Gas tank on the back,the two weapons on its underside,the face plate ,the cylinders just above the leg amour plates and the magnet above its face plate.
For a word of strategy id go for the weapons first the either the face or canister until both are destroyed then you will either need to go for the harder magnet or easier cylinders.
At the moment land mines are basically confetti launchers and barely damage the tank. They use to one shot them but got nerfed heavily so they could increase the rocket use which went sour.
Either way, Thanks for reading this and carry on fighting to protect the Swedish fatherland.

2 Likes

They use to one shot them but got nerfed heavily so they could increase the rocket use which went sour.

No, that’s incorrect. All explosives got nerfed with the May patch, and were rebalanced with the June patch. Landmines were OP, one mine is not supposed to destroy a Tank. Same with gas tanks. Now though, two landmines will cause heavy damage to a Tank so they’re still worth using, but they’re more situational than they were before.

@AlanWade I can strongly recommend trying to do some of the main missions, you get rewarded with at least a few 5-crown weapons that way.

1 Like

@Zesiir I have completed a few missions and recently got a five star Grenade launcher. The other weapons range from four star to three star. Just looking for pointers.

I have one more bunker to unlock then to try to complete the main missions then the side missions.

1 Like