Team players who think it's easy should try the hardcore mode

Have to be honest and say that on two occasions when I was very close to a safe house, I just accepted a respawn and cam back with 100% health.

The Radar Station on the mountain is a different matter as it’s a damn long walk each time (I can’t quite get the hunters to separate from the pack.)

I like the challenge

1 Like

HEAT rounds don’t penetrate then explode, they punch through armor by taking advantage of the Munroe effect to collapse a metal liner inside the round into a superplastic particle jet which then punches through the armor at hypersonic speeds and wrecks almost anything on the other side due to it’s temperature and velocity.

Regardless of that, the only stuff available in game does indeed appear to be traditional HE munitions designed for dealing with unarmored and lightly armored targets and basic smoke rounds, which I find interesting as the rocket launcher appears to be a Granatgevär m/48 (might be an AT 4 instead, though those only came into service in 87) or one of it’s various derivatives, all of which have multiple HEAT rounds as options (and have had them since long before the 80’s).

1 Like

@ahferroin7 You are correct in most of your post, however while the Recoilless grenade-rifle in the game is called m/49 it (as you correctly say) should be m/48 (*) the model is kind of more like the GRanatGevär m/86 (lighter alloy variant with a carry handle but same capabilities (same ammo)
Too bad the reload animation in the game shows you using a 20mm practice weapon insert :frowning:
The sound effects are spot on though :smiley: oh the memories just come flowing back :stuck_out_tongue:

The AT 4 is a 1 use - preloaded from the factory - non re-loadable - fire and forget weapon system based on the same anti-tank principles (basicly the same ammo but fin stabilized instead of rifled barrel) as the GRG.
And the AT 4 is simply called P-skott (Pansarskott = Armor-shot) in the Swedish army
Which makes it a bit funny to hear a radio recording in the game where a squad leader yells “ladda pansarskott” (“load AT 4”) while it should be “ladda pansar-spräng” (“load HEAT”)
excellent voice acting otherwise in that clipp though btw :smiley:

• = I guess the developers chose to change the number to avoid trademark issues despite the fact that its a military designation and not a trademark.
    btw that would apply to the K-pist m/45 as well

O yes I know that HEAT rounds dont blow up. I just meant in general meaning that the robots blow up when you kill them in this game. Everything dies in an explosion just like it should in any 80s action movie.

1 Like

No.

This game is a cerebral experience.

Making it easier makes it more like every other clone shooter. If you expect to run and gun everything like its COD then you are playing the wrong game.

PICK YOUR FIGHTS. If you think youre going to blaze through eight hunters and sixteen runners with an AR, you’re going to eat the dirt. The enemies are entirely made of metal, and moreover, they are war machines. You are’nt going to take one out with bullets.

This game is both a semi realistic possibility (Which is great) and an ACTUAL CHALLENGE.

Personally I’m sick to death of shooters that you can kill everything without sinking in the blindest bit of thought as to how to do it. I bought this because it’s hard to play solo. If you want an easy ride, COD or BF exist.

So to summarise. If you want to kill OP mobs, be smart about it, collect EMPs (The small stack up x5, the mediums, x2, but with greater range), and collect gas tanks as you go, or mines if you can find them. With smart placement or good throws you can down an entire group of hunters with one med’ EMP and then run through them, drop a mine and leg it. BANG! Ez kill four hunters. Dont engage Mil grade or FNIX dog packs at close range because they will shred you very fast, find a decent sniper and silencer and take them out before they get a chance to notice you, and should they, try to kill them before they close the distance on you.
Don’t expect to take on a Tank of ANY grade with bullets, you’ll just get crapped on and that will empty your inventory obscenely quickly.

Guns in this game are a last resort for close range enconters with the small enemies, you want to do everything in your power to avoid direct confrantation. (At least until you have the crutchiest perk, IE; Vanguard)

Use a .50BMG as soon as you get one to deal with smaller mobs, as it’s rounds will travel through multiple weak spots if you choose a good position and can easily kill 4+ Runners if they line up at any point. (AP rounds are advised here). Plus it’s enourmous range can often hide you from detection if you’re good with your shot placement, even with the lack of silencer.

Also get the vision modules. Full vision or IR/OPV and equip it to your binoculars. You can see enemies at enourmous distances and chose paths to set them up in a trap, or to avoid them entirely. (Often the latter is more preferable) These are also very useful on the 1-4x scopes on the Automats in semi auto for quickly killing Seekers or small amounts of Runners. Even better on the .50BMG as you can pick out targets in fog/heavy tree cover far easier than you woul otherwise. (Though OPV is semi useless on the larger scopes due to its limited range, I feel like that should be relative to the zoom applied by the scope by ho hum)

Lastly, every weapon is underpowered if you just spam bullets at enemies. Every single one. Even the rocket launcher. Though I don’t feel this is in any way a bad thing. As I have said before, these are war machines, you would expect them to eat a few explosive rounds if they are put into armour plates. Learn the weakpoints and use EMP’s to get a good angle if you do get noticed, or better still, pick positions you can hit these critical points without getting noticed. But most enemies can be destroyed in under one magazine with the right weapons and perks if you shoot the right areas. FNIX being the major exception here. Though for Tanks and Harvesters traps/explosives are almost mandatory.

EDIT: I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT carry more than three weapons at any given time. Try them all and pick your favorites. By carrying more than three you are gimping your ability to fight back in a gunfight should you find yourself in one due to severe ammo limitations. Trying to swap out guns mid firefight will result in death. Less guns means more ammo and more traps/utilites, Thus in turn leading to greater flexibility in the survival elements and better odds of coming out on top if you end up in a bad situation. Carrying 5+ different weapons that are only really usable in certain situations is going to take up most of your inventory and most likely get you killed. (I prefer the HP5 and .50BMG with the Klauke 17 for the sidearm, though the Automat’ 5 is also very good and my friend gets a lot of good use out of it because of it’s laser like accuracy and low recoil) Try as many as you can find and decide on what is most effective for your playstyle.

Good luck. o7

This. SOOOO this.

I know when you come across a 5-star special weapon, it’s tempting to pick it up, but really, stick with the basics - 1 weapon of each class and keep your inventory free for useful stuff. Personally, I carry a Klauke, AG-5, and .50 Cal. I can carry plenty of 5.56 and .50 and still have a bunch of space left over for actual useful stuff like explosives, EMPs, etc.

I use gold sniper with gold mods /gold AI-76 with gold mods apparatus from gold sight still hoping one drops and carry gold klaucke with gold silencer /in inventory carry .50 and gold rocket launcher but I have full inventory open so plenty space I carry land mines a car batteries for tanks and use ticks for hunters always use sniper to pick of armour from runners if one shot even better

Playing coop is such a very different experience from solo play. It’s much easier. Divide and conquer, being able to have one person on the backside of a tank while the other person distracts it. Coop should be ramped up as far as difficulty, more machines, harder to kill, etc.

I have played both solo and multiplayer. Once you get your hands on some more exotic gear, such as the 4* 50cal in the lighthouse up north it’s pretty easy. Indeed, you have to be a guerilla. Indeed, you will burn through medkits. But you can just go back to saltham to refill on medkits since there are no enemies there. Also plenty of basic ammo. Dying doesn’t really have a consequence either in this game.
Just my 2 cents

I am finding this game incredibly frustrating, I love the graphics, the atmosphere, and at times, the gameplay, with a real sense of menace, but it is simply too hard: posters can give tips, etc, which is great, but we have paid for this, its seems like one of the games where the devs personality is all over it, so fences, lots of them, ok, but why no wire cutters? didn’t they have then in Sweden, of course they did, I would appreciate an option to see where the safe houses are on the map(one online are too small to see!) Maybe i just haven#'t found the ritght weapons, i have the r/launcher, but no ammo. many players may find it easy, ok, but many don’t, Devs have a responsibility to them as well, can#'t even find a trainer.

I really want to carry on playing this game, at the moment I am at Overby Base in a tiny room, with three tanks surrounding it, and thinkling of unistalling, which would be a shame.

No, he or she doesn’t, its a game not a job interview, the DEV shpuld have options for all players, many older or disabled may struggle, don’t they matter, no amount of well intenioned tips, advice work, also many gamers don’t have the time for such strategies, just want to enjoy the atmosphere, etc.

This thread is 2 years old. Please don’t resurrect old topics that aren’t active.

If you have feedback, post it where it’s appropriate, in #feedback-feature-requests.

Locking thread :lock:

//Mod