The addition of Swedish WW2 Weapons + Logic & Lore

I dont think that the Soviets are in östertörn to help. It is clearly an invasion not a mission to help. And the Soviets came from the east where there is a sea. If a NATO helicopter whould go into östertörn then they whould have to travel all over Sweden, a neutral country, with a helicopter loaded with ammunition and weapons to get to a very small set of islands just to crash. It sounds very wierd for that scenario to happen. And Sweden probably has mobilized its entire army and it is preparing for war. Why whould they let one american helicopter do something Sweden can more easily do?

But how whould a embassy deliver large quantities of weapons? are American embassies military bases?

There are lots of soldiers stationed in embassy’s they have their own standard guard and Armories. according to the web between 100 and 1000 US marines are stationed in them doing many jobs.

I’m Aussie so i’m not that clued into what the US Marines are armed with.

@Gysbert probably could answer it better.

But as far as I know the soviets came to help fighting fnix. Their machines where programmed just to fight fnix-machines, not humen.
Short after landfall something changed. The soviet machines attacked everything including their own soldiers.

To be true this topic ran out of rails now.
We’re talking about lore and not the suggested weapon pack anymore.

Apparently the US does have an Embassy in Sweden.
https://se.usembassy.gov/
So you wouldn’t need to fly the weapons in they are already there in real life :rofl:

There is also a Russian Embassy in Sweden as well.

I believe they were both there in the 80s as well.

Well, initially it seems that the Soviets were here to help against the machine invasion, follow the story of Captain Tatiana Ilyinichna Tereshkova in the Matryoshka Reports, but she did a lot of damage with the sending of the nuke. But there also was a Soviet division led by Bolshakov who wanted to get control of FNIX, to restore the old Soviet ways, probably to weaponize FNIX power. It will be interesting to see where this story goes.

2 Likes

The Soviets had spies in the military and they invaded another country. They dont show any signs of helping civilians or working with Sweden to resolve the situation. They are just there to take what they want. And just because their machines are against them doesnt mean that soviet soldiers are friends of the resistance.

You think that the Embassy in stockholm whould be in charge of supplying a resistance? and not the the country that the resistance is from and that have more weapons?

There were indeed agents stationed in the Swedish Military. But you have to know that the Soviet Union had agents everywhere to get intel about what other countries were up to. Even in times of peace.

Here Tatiana tells about the initial mission.

However, Bolshakov wants to overthrow the current Soviet (1989) government, because he wants to restore the old ideals (coup?). So he deviates from the original mission for his own plans.

Two more quotes from Tatiana, where it seems evident that the Soviet mission was not to invade, but to save the inhabitants from the Machine invasion, by wiping the hostile (FNIX) code.

2 Likes

I personally think both Embassies would have been wiped out by FNIX and the weapons left behind for Survivors.

I don’t even think there are or were embassies on Östertörn or Himfjäll.

No they are in Stockholm.