The Loot Spawn is Far too LOW

I’ve been playing solo to drop rivals and with a game partner to farm their ass
Were both Max level… Both completed the game… total completion of missions collectables etc etc
Since the start of the “event” the loot on rivals in some cases has been worse than your standard Tank

level 4 Apocotank (plus all associated Dogs and Hunters)
A gas tank
less than 50 9mm FMJ
Advanced med kit ( best in drop)
and 100s of 9mm pistol ammo… 100s

We in the last few days have made and killed over 100 rivals and the best thing we’ve seen is a few 5 star attachments (duplicates)
I got a 4 start KVM from a Hunter… best weapon seen all week and it wasnt a rival

OK I get you want to make them rare and work for it but you are not enticing me to join in your “events” or look favorably on buying any extra dlc that may come along…
Forgetting the inventory debacle … at least make stuff achievable and a little more fun…weve found 3 boxes of fireworks… cmon i mean they aint that special… retain-able … its just not very rewarding
TBH the gaijin War Thunder notoriously ridiculously difficult events are at least rewarding

id like to leave with a little positivity…I applaud your ongoing development for the game… There is certainly more atmosphere and given an option to have individual character saves i would take a new character and do it all from the start .

3 Likes

I’ve edited your post to remove derogatory comments, as that goes against the Code of Conduct. Please mind what you say, even if you’re frustrated. The subject of loot drops is always something that can be tweaked, I have no doubts we’ll see further development of this down the road.

I have exactly the same problem since the new update, loot spawn was “Normal” for me before, experimentals were rare but 1 in 5 or 9 rivals usually had one experimental weapon.
Now after the March update i´ve been counting the Rivals i took down, 32 Rivals since 28 March, playing Solo session, not one single weapon.
Weapon drops from “normal” Tanks and Harvesters have also diminished.
Loot drop is a bit better playing multiplayer but only with normal machines.
Rivals loot mechanic is broken for me since the new update.
My problem is that is the only way to get the New Experimental Lmg
Can anyone confirm at least if it´s not a temporary addition to the game??

2 Likes

What difficulty are you playing on?

ALL of them!
I started by playing Skirmish, then from 28 to 30 Guerrila, then Skirmish again, when i got desperate (1 april) i started playing Adventure, easier to farm rivals if enemies take less time to go down. i´m level 31 it has nothing to do with level.

By the way, for me loot quality is equal, no matter what “difficulty” i play, only player and enemies health is different.

1 Like

That’s what I was wondering. I’ve noticed generally poor loot since the update, but I was attributing that to being on Adventure. I haven’t really wanted to bump it up, because shooting something twice as many times is not twice as fun, so less spongy enemies suit me fine.

Nope as Mr A said at all levels, i have run them all not just for loot but laos for general interest for adventuring with my group…

1 Like

No, it`s a problem many users are having, not everybody is affected, but many can´t get experimental weapons from rivals.

Its not necessarily just for experimental… in general the loot on rivals is poor return…

yes you are right, they are not giving almost any weapons, although the rivals weapon drop is even worst.
That is all. for me the problem is weapons, ammo is actually exaggerated, some tanks and harvesters drop 30 bmg rounds and 400 9m Handung ammo, 250 7.62, what the heck?

I played about 3 hours yesterday. First time in a while. From one prototype tank I got over 1000 5,56mm and some 200-300 9mm pistol + a Great deal of other stuff. But I have the skill that gives you more from downed enemies.

My friend that I played with don’t and he got maybe 10% of what I did.

1 Like

I also have the level 1 of the skill, since the update ammo drops from tanks and harvesters are way too much…weapons on the other hand, are a rarity…

Hilariously, I don’t have that skill at all, and I’ve been drowning in ammo since the update.

EDIT: I’ve also gotten two experimentals and one five star since the update, out of less than a dozen kills.

I Also have the skill that gives extra ammo maxxed… but it runs a whole lot deeper… that i was going to give feedback on the whole box and dice BUT i think this last week has flipped our feelings for this game
the holes in the map
issues with multiplayer
solo player
the rng settings for rivals and drops
the issues with the inventory and combat
constant crashes
invisible mines
floating robots that cant be farmed
I had a group and we ran around for 5 and a half hours last night in full on killing mayhem and we didn’t manage to get ONE TANK RIVAL OF ANY CLASS not even on hjimfail
all hunters and harvesters and their loot drops were pathetic
A level 4 apoco hunter dropped one med kit and some plastic… that was it…
we had 2 younger players with us and they were unimpressed… not even ONE box of fireworks for them to set off…
I am now of the opinion that as much as I think this game looks great , atmosphere and so on was great they way the events are implemented, the bugs, the lack of acknowledgements of issues in the forum ( cherry pickin issues) sadly the games done for us all.

Dude we would have loved to be in that situation…
if the best killin gun in game was a 9mm handgun we would have been set

Given the gold was a Glock… yep.

I agree they “over-nerfed” the dropchance. This is not an online mmo where people waste half of their life time in virtual worlds like that world of warcrap… I had to kill 341 apo tanks to get a golden kvm-89, at least this time i got lucky and the exp kvm-59 dropped from the first lvl4 apo tank. But still the dropchance is totally broken. Does someone remember anarchy online? I wonder if some of the devs on this studio worked for funcom before.

The fact that they were willing to introduce alternate difficulty settings at all kinda undercuts that bit of snark.