The mysterious inventory reticule

A while back I picked up, or at least somehow during a loot got it in my inventory, this mysterious reticule. If you’ve seen it, had it or still got it, you know what I’m talking about.

Don’t have much info about it but here goes:

Platform:
PS4

Steps To Reproduce:
Looted an ammo crate (most likely, since the toolboxes are bugged out) and I either saw this in the crate and took it or after I looted a crate it had just popped up in my inventory (I can’t really remember how it went down).

Images / Videos:
Regrettably no shots of it, as of now.

Host or Client:
Single play.

Players in your game:
Just me.

Specifications:
PS4 Pro, GZ 1.06.

So what is the deal with this thing? It takes up one slot in the inventory and looks like a big reticule. It’s a three-crown level (blue) but it doesn’t do anything and I can’t equip it to anything. The only option I got is to drop it.

Haha maybe I’m a fool but is this just a weird bug or what? :stuck_out_tongue:

Placeholder for another item. This sometimes pops up instead of another item a few seconds after i open my inventory, then the real item appears. Never had a permanent one.

1 Like

You mean this one Here?

2 Likes

Aha! Yeah exactly, mine seems to be permanent…

Precisely that one! Well I’m gonna get rid of it then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thank you both for the help!

You can drop it, however I like collecting curiosities, like holy grenades etc.)

Haha yeah, what’s the deal with those anyway. I’ve thrown about ten of them and none have detonated. It’s like if they’ve vaporized or imploded or something after they left my hand…

The June release will boost the explosives so maybe the holy grenades will eventually explode. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah that mystery item has popped up a few times. I made a bug report for that back in April I believe. I’ve had 2 more occurences since. They’re permanent items for me. I just toss them as they’re useless. It’s strange for sure, but has no impact on the game that I can tell.

1 Like

Yeah I recall seeing it mentioned here somewhere but couldn’t find the posts. It is a pretty weird thing, this reticule. Wonder how it came to be. And wonder what will happen to it if (or hopefully, when) it gets fixed - will it simply disappear from the inventory or will it be replaced with whatever item it got so buggily mixed up with in the first place :crazy_face: