The State of Generation Zero

You’re welcome, it was a very interesting watch and good take on the current state of GZ.

3 Likes

Unfortunately that might be the real situation.

And it´s such a shame because the game has such great potential.

The team currently developing the game has been more open to the community with dev letters almost every week, i find that as something positive.
But truth to be said, i don´t know how many people are currently working on the project (GZ), how many of them are? Is it really a side project?
All seems to point in that direction, if anyone has any info and wishes to share, be my guest.

5 Likes

I know this is late but i wanna say I agree with this 100%. And this is how I’m trying to play the game, as oppose to recklessly speeding around destroying as many machines as possible. I don’t care about rare loot so much. I enjoy trying to survive whilst finding out why the machines are here etc (I obviously know that answer now since completing the game but when i start again I like to pretend I don’t, for immersion). Which brings me to my next point, I don’t like how early NPCs are introduced, it’s taken away much of the mystery and feeling of being alone against the machines.

1 Like

NPCS did not exist till 1 year ago, i mean not the initial ones, it was quite stupid if you ask me.
What would make sense was for us to find npcs hiding in several areas, but not in the first hours of the game (besides DLC Alpine Unrest/Fnix Rising).

5 Likes

Prob the worst decision they made for the game in recent times, The new starting missions have ruined basically everything that made gz interesting in the first few hours. Would say I would like them to revert the change, but we all know that wont happen

7 Likes

Yes, you already said everything.
It was the mystery and a challenge to find your own way to survive while being alone.

It’s ok that they introduced some npc, but later would have been better. For example after archipelago region or at least at the end of it at the church, after visiting mässkar.

But now you almost instantly know that there are more survivors and can imagine where it leads to. But at the same time you probably get disappointed, if you notice that there isn’t much more “signs of resistance”… No battles to support, no npcs to rescue,… You’re almost just on your own, like it originally started.

2 Likes

“But at the same time you probably get disappointed, if you notice that there isn’t much more “signs of resistance”… No battles to support, no npcs to rescue,… You’re almost just on your own, like it originally started.“

Maybe your character(s) and NPCs found much later on could’ve started the resistance together? Maybe that could’ve been a better way of introducing NPCs and the resistance. Or just have them much later in the game anyway. That way we can still have the battles to support etc

1 Like

No, that would destroy the story of fnix rising and alpine unrest.

2 Likes

My bad, I meant in hindsight