Why does the PvG 90 Iron sights blur everything?

Title, no other gun does this, but everything inside the PvG 90 iron sights is extremely blurred and makes it incredibly hard on the eyes to aim. Is this supposed to be a mechanism to prevent the gun for dominating the close quarters too? This happens at any distance, when shooting a tank 100 meters away and when trying to kill a runner right in front of you.

1 Like

Never really noticed this lol and play like that all the time: Fun in the Farmlands

What about using scopes?
Without them it´s not easy to shoot anything that is at least more than 10 meters of distance from you.

Situational awareness. You can see the whole field and sighting and running is quicker. Plus you can literally use the white dot in the middle, scope in fire, and drop out. Also great for mid-close range.

Yeah when using iron sights I pretty much do it like in the video, short zoom and get a slavo out, but the blur makes it incredibly hard to recognize weak spots on a distance. With 1x zoom and a proper field of view I can normally hit stuff a hundred meters away reliably, but on the biggies or moving hunters it really unnecessarily tires my eyes. Already tried all theg raphics settings to no avail.

That makes sense. Only weak spots I ‘aim’ for are the lighted sensors or weapons if needed. Other than that I will just unload into it because they go down quick anyway. :slight_smile:

This isn’t the point of the thread , of course there are scopes but the magnification jump between 1x and 6x is enormous. This is about iron sights specifically, all the other guns allow for unblurred vision in the center of view, the PvG 90 doesn’t. If I’m using iron sights then I’m not gonna try to hit a runner at 500 meters :upside_down_face:

maybe this could be moved to bug reports

I guess it´s me that usually only use the PVG as a sniper and not at close range :sweat_smile:
And this should be moved to Bug report if it does indeed that effect.

1 Like

Topic moved to #bug-reports.

Also, i know for a fact that this issue has been reported before, when there was issue with 5c weapons and their iron sights illumination but for the love of me, i can not find that topic anymore. :confounded:

//Mod

1 Like

Thanks for the input, I wasn’t sure of this was a bug or intended for balancing reasons, a search on the topic also came up with nothing.

Hey @Genoscythe :wave:

This is not intended behavior and a ticket has been created for dealing with this issue.

Thanks for reporting :pray:

3 Likes

Hey dude - the 84mm is the same! When you look down iron sights, it actually focusses the light and you can see more sharply, not less. I have to aim the 84mm with my AG4 scope, keep it still and then switch weapons and fire in order to hit anything.

For comparison:

1 Like

Have you ever looked through pinhole glasses? Everything is razor sharp, because the light coming through the pinholes is artificially focussed. Iron sights are the same. Now in the photos above, IRL you are closer to the hole than that. I shot at Bisley several times with iron sights, so I do know…

To produce the same effect, they ought to magnify the hole - you should be able to focus on the fuel tank of a Dog at 200 metres.