XBOX multiplayer settings - Player still joining when session is set to "invite only"

While playing solo and with invite only on multi-player, I had another online player spawn into my game, I was over by the lone wolf mission, The other player and I were talking, He said, he went on Mutiplayer to find a game, and found mine. Not the first time this has happened, happened once before, but before the last software patch.

Possible fix:

In Multiplayer settings, put “who can join” to “anybody” and click “apply”. Then change it back to “invite only” and click “apply” again.

This re-enables the “invite only”, if for some reason it got disabled with the last update.

Corrected the topic title to best reflect the issue within topic.

//Mod

Hey @Baboo1 :wave:

It seems that there might be an issue with the setting showing a false value, in this case “Invite Only”, when it’s actually “Open”. IF that is the case the possible fix mentioned by @Aesyle above should work (and ideally save so you won’t have to do this every time you start a session).

If you end up trying it out please let us know how it goes and if the issue stops occurring or not.

In the meantime we’ll investigate this issue further. Thanks for reporting!

Note: I edited the title somewhat to better reflect the issue and help others find this report via search terms

Edit: Just remembered that there has been other similar reports like this around this particular setting (who can join) and a while back it was accidentally and unintentionally changed so that the default value for the setting was “open” instead of “invite only”, and then we changed it back with a patch, but it appears there might be something left to address around this setting.

I posted a bug report also.

I have this issue, but I don’t have the “who can join” option, just a “find game” option that connects me to a random game.

Hey @QuantumHandsome :wave:

I see! Would you mind linking that here please? :pray:

Note that the “Who Can Join” setting only exists in the “pause” multiplayer menu when you have started a session via “Continue” or “New Game”. This option does not show in the multiplayer menu when accessing it from the main menu.

EDIT: Found your report, I’ll reply to you there! :slight_smile: