Xezr's Hardcore Mode [Updated]

I tried this mode, and I didn’t even last 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Shame, back luck! I made it all the way from start house to bridge in the North, died on the way back, having just reached level 2.

BTW, what I want to do now is to make a GZ Survival Training Video, but to do it, I want to go right back to the start of the game, but not lose where I am now. So can I move my savegame folder somewhere else and would that start me fresh? And would I simply copy it back again to end up where I now am?

Try it again - it gets more possible but you do have to run away and hide in ditches a lot.

I’d like to believe that would work - But you’d probably best ask a dev about it to be sure.

No indicator ethier ^-^

1 Like

Okay, how do I do that and make contact certainly?

Try the livstream on wednesday, or send a PM from the forums?

I work, so Wednesdays are out. I’ll try a PM… :))

Lösdrivar-Lasse is dead. Long may we cherish his memory. He did fairly well; got to Level 7, even killed a couple of Tanks and a Rival Harvester, and things started to look up when he got his hands on the X-PVG90. But alas, it was not to last. He got cocky with a Tank in Östervik, and got turned into peppered steak. RIP :latin_cross:

Will my newest champion, Desertör-Danne fair any better?

1 Like

I’ve had trouble with that poxy Tank - it spews ticks like a tsunami, and it will hunt you down and hit you with rockets and machine guns all at once. I might have to go and give it a spanking just to get our own back. I’ve a Rival just down the road too.

Why didn’t he just hit the Tanks by the Windmills from the house by the Safe-House - they’re always easy to take down!

No tanks at the windmills for me. They’re clever now, moving around, harder to anticipate where they’re gonna be. The one at Östervik? Was right on the other side of the bridge, in the forest just waiting for the next foolhardy teenager to come through.

???

I can kill them, fast travel somewhere else, spend half an hour shopping, come back and they are there again - two Militaries, although the last time there were four Militaries and a Harvester, oh, and six dogs. I knock them over as being a faster ammo renewal than going round Normyra…

1 Like

Started out at Broskulla Farm and made my way north-east. Encountered so many patrols

But now I’m at Norrmyra. Good 'ole Norrmyra… Time to take stock :gun:

2 Likes

I’m not sure you don’t have to start from first island, first house! I always do… :smiley:

We make our own rules - not on carry, nor on life, but start place and for me weapons - you get to pick up weapons at the first bunker you can make it to, since there would be an armoury, and no one guarding it. Then you stay with those until you grade up…

OMG rulebreaker :stuck_out_tongue:

How do I get going?

Create a new character, enter the game. Close your eyes and point at the map to randomly select the nearest safehouse to spawn at. This will require you to have unlocked safehouses all over the map.

The point of the hardcore mode is to start you from scratch - Not give you weapons from the get-go.

You start with no items.

Well, you could easily be 500 metres from a known weapon! No, no, start house it has to be! :smiley:

This Hardcore-mode is a great idea @Zesiir and it is fun to watch the updates of your (un)lucky survivor participants. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Desertör-Danne has bit the dust, he got mangled by a Military Tank at Boo.

Boo!!! I’ve never seen Trade at Boo - the place is like the grave every time I go. Talk about unlucky! :smiley:

Since I’m feeling masochistic atm, I’m trying out @Bootie’s starting location, but with my own rules.
I’ve nicknamed this the Bootie Modifier.

Start at Yttervik with no weapons, and work your way all the way to the northern bridge. And with little to no weapon pickups part from what you find in weapon crates, it’s brutal.

If I don’t get ahold of a decent weapon by the time I start facing Tanks… :scream: