Your ideas on how to improve GZ on the macro scale

Prestige points being used to further the Difficulty of the game by being used on A Machines skill tree.

You progress
You get the prestige points.
You spend prestige points on various evolutions or upgrades for FNIX
The difficulty increases in the direction you want it to go.

It would extend the endgame but also make every world progress differently.

It would increase the variables and maybe replay ability.

Just an Idea I had :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ll rather not have it that way. The idea of me doing some sort of challenges to then make the game harder would just discourage ppl of doing them? Why would i go out of my way to do a challenge to then make it easier for me to die? should it not be the other way around, that i get rewarded for compleating challanges and not punished for doing them?

3 Likes

I already have something down to increase difficutly towards end game. This would be done by improving AI (accuracy, attack rate, shooting on the move, etc), Buffing FNIX and APOC class enemies on higher difficulties, as well as increasing machine amount (possibly scaled with difficutly). I will also discuss a whole new higher difficulty level.

The machine skill tree just seems kind of a roundabout way of doing that.

Does your idea also include better/more reward? Or does the reward stay the same, as it currently is? :thinking:

1 Like

Increasing machine amount would be an incentive to play on higher difficulties, as this would be much better for farming. As well as region score grinding.

But if my ideas here were to be put into the game, I feel some exp gain boosts would go along with them.

Well, with more machines, the machine amount alone = more XP.

I get that there is incentive to play against tougher opponents in higher difficulty for added challenge, but do you also think that with added challenge, the reward is also better/higher/more? Since if not, there isn’t much incentive to play at higher difficulties for the same reward. One could just use 1* or 2* weapons on Adventure difficulty for essentially same challenge as with 5* or 6* weapons on Guerilla difficulty. Or restrict weapon selection for same effect.

Yes.

However, the changes I also pointed out would increase per machine difficulty, making each one harder to defeat. This is why I propoed an increase in exp gain. This would also make the grind on new characters a bit less long, and more fun.

Would your idea also benefit the players on lower difficulty? I would love the have more and smarter machines hunting me down. Making it more exciting to sneak past them. Or is this just for Guerrilla difficulty?

AI improvements in general was a thing I was going to put down. That would be for every difficulty.

Later machines (FNIX and APOC), could potentially get buffs to the already improved AI. Along with other buffs in general to make end game mroe difficult.

1 Like

Unfortunately they’ve already taken steps to reduce the machine count to increase performance so I can’t see them actively increasing the machine count enough so that it would make a difference to difficulty.

I’d far rather see far more deadly, accurate machines than increasing the counts. Make me fear taking on 3 or 4 hunters, rather than giving me 10 to wade through.

Bullet sponges or hordes of the same enemy ≠ fun.

2 Likes

Correct.

But when a good amount of people have pointed out they cannot find that many enemies, there is a problem. Having to walk a good few minutes in a video game focused on shooting is an issue. Decreasing enemy amount for performance is not the way to go for optimizig performance.

I am no expert on game development, but I am sure there are other ways of performance optimization.

5 Likes

I agree totally. 100%

But we’re over 2 years in and I can’t see them pulling a rabbit out of the hat at this late stage re: optimisation. Culling the enemies feels like a last resort to me, having them increase enemy numbers seems unlikely.

We can but hope though.

1 Like

one of the things I have down is a render distance option. The way the game seems to do it is it renders everything at full quality within a certain distance, then after that, machines will disappear and terrain and scene quality will drop. Possibly even a setting just for machine rendering so one can snipe at longer distances.

Not an expert in development, but I am pretty sure this is possible. It would allow players with weaker hardware to lower this to improve frames, and those with much better machines to appreciate things that much more.

That’s fine when roaming the countryside, but it wouldn’t help in a firefight with a pack of hunters, which is where the problems are.

Even on low-end hardware, roaming the countryside isn’t an issue, it’s when the enemies get in your face. Reducing the LoD on distant enemies wouldn’t help.

I’ve noticed that they have reduced the LoD and drawdistance, certainly on scenery. Also the field of view you select adjusts the draw distance. The narrower the angle the greater the drawdistance is.

Transparency effects. These are the killer. Reducing the amount of lights (beams from the red FNIX structures) smoke and even explosions.

I’ve noticed when underload the game stops drawing in explosions, so they likely have an upper limit to the moment of effects, maybe a way to adjust those.

Sounds like a good idea.

So an option to lower explosions and effects.

I just think if FINX is the evolving enemy they made it out to be, should not the machines evolve along with the progress, skill or level of the player?

As much as I would love to be swarmed by machines like it was half a year ago, seeing more variety to the base forms of machines would be nice.

Crazier weaponry.
More armor (larger runners for example)
Hunters with extra shoulder mounted weapons
Tanks with an auto cannon or large gas morters
Flying ticks
How about a harvester with four mortars
Maybe a machine capable of opening doors to invade you’re home.
Add a little horror to spice things up.
Gunships
Drop ships
FNIX defence turrets for FNIX structures.
Also Adding a little impact to the Tank Rail gun so its not so very easy to Dodge.

Thats kinda what I was thinking instead of simply buffing them.

Whats your thoughts?

1 Like

It would be cool if you could take the survivors with you as followers so they dont sit around and do nothing.

Tho that would be alot of work on its own, it would be cool if you could upgrade the compounds the survivors are held out at.

Thank you!
And I too find that with all the end game stuff to the max its hard to find a worthy enemy face off against. :joy:

Its like the machines that I once feared are victims to my antics.

1 Like

Been a bit since last time.

I want to say a final thank you to all those who gave their feedback for the game.

As for my video, I have all my audio in and it needs some final clips to be made and added, along with some edits to keep consistency. It has some issues with the audio, but it will not break the video.

2 Likes

It is done

Check Description for more info and timestamps

10 Likes