3rd person view available?

Hi GZ-Community and GZ-Team.
Greetings from good old germany^^ - just if someone is looking forward for some nice people to play with - don’t forget to ask me(/us)^^

Looking forward to the day, we can join the 80’s in Generation Zero - (how wunderfull my memories to the years, when I was young XD).

There is just one thing I want to ask after i looked to some InGameVideos - 3rd person view?

Will it be available,'cause I don’t like the FPS much - I will handle, but I don’t like much. You are to much inside the game with that view - for my opinion.

And if it is not available yet, did you, GZ-Team, think about to realize it some day??

If someone knows an answer or has a link to a specific text, please post it.
We will see us soon, I hope.

best regards
Mr.NiceKai

Hi! Our game is played from a FPS perspective only (except when using emotes/dances which will pop out to a third person view). There is an adjustable FoV though if you like to get more on screen.

4 Likes

Okay. Not my favorite, but I will handle that.
Thank you for the information and the fast response. :heart_eyes:

Thats disappointing. Can’t imagine why you would limit the perpective like that… won’t be buying it till you change your mind personally.

A third person view would take much away from the eerie atmosphere the game is trying to achieve. Also, it’s difficult to have 3rd person view be consistent and nice to use in a game with small, closed rooms and hallways. If you absolutely need 3rd person to play a game, you’re gonna have to pass on GZ.

Personally I feel the only way it could take away from the atmosphere is if the 1st-pv was claustrophobic, which you said it is not with the fov slider. Would you consider adding one later, ala FO4 style, meaning basically useless for combat, but there for general running around and such? I just get tired of all the interesting games that come out limiting me to being just a pair of hands all the time. It never feels any more immersive to me, unless I am roleplaying as someone wearing a neck-brace, and horse blinders.

2 Likes

go back to fortnite 3rd person is for babies

mmmh, I don’t beleave that - for my case.
Egoperspective is driving me slightly mad and I am scared in the same way with 3rd person. I have the problem to follow the machines and become knowing what they do - in “real” you might have the sense feeling were they are - and if you have to play tactical against the machines - I am really missing this part.
WHy to change clothes, if you can’t see them?
Inside a house ego is not bad, but outside in the fields, it is like grapping without thumb.
If there will be a 3rd person view available, does not mean you have to play it - everyone play the style he like.
Some threads sound like they have to play it, if it is implemented.
I think you have to give the people both 3rd and ego.

When I finish playing and go to bed, I allways have the binoculars in the left bottom corner of my eyes^^

1 Like

I feel it like you and I regret there is no 3rd person view, just for immersion, used from time to time, while walking or waiting. To enjoy your new cap or red boots. I want to quote an old post, this is exactly my opinion.

1 Like

I feel if you limit it to fps you are also limiting sales think about it if 9,000 players like fps and 9,000 players like 3rd person you’re losing 1/2 your demographic that’s a hell of a lot of $$$ so to prove my point I’ll pass! :wink:

THAT’S SAD! :sleepy:

Well… It seems it still played out for the devs… in the past 4 years… :man_shrugging:

:wink:

1 Like

This is a real disappointment, initially i assumed it would have options to switch… been looking for a game like this, and downloaded it immediately but the fp views far too janky to enjoy over the nausea :dizzy_face:.

Still looks like a nice game.
Just not for folks whos can’t stomach the fp haha.

sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the experience. In the future, I recommend researching whether a game has 3rd Person view beforehand :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you still want to play the game and have a third person view, just drive around with a bicycle or moped. :crazy_face:

Well, you first have to find them in the first region, but then you’re free to drive everywhere you want to.

I like the fps aspect only thing I’d like to see is a higher FOV. I’m more used to 120 but I’ve learned to use the 90 that is available. I guess it’s down to what is being used to display the game. If you’re rocking a basic sized monitor (20-30") then 90° is probably ideal but on a TV which has massive variety then the 90° feels small. On other games I definitely see the difference on my TV. I’m not asking for 3rd person like the OP I can settle for a bigger FOV though.

What I’d really like to see is support for headtracking stuff like TrackIR 5 and the like.
That would be the next step into immersion for me as I absolutely love it in ArmA II/III or Elite Dangerous…