.50 cal ... are you serious? Made by whom, Airsoft®?

Seriously, and I mean SERIOUSLY, disappointed with the physics of the .50 cal. I’ve been looking for one since I found that they were in the game and yesterday I found one (3 crown) nice scope and a small cache of AP rounds. For some background I am using both the .243 and the .270 as sniper rifles because that’s been my play style. Shoot from a distance and hide. Great for the Commando specs.

So, I found one! Yay! . time to put it to use. 1 shot, 2 shots, 3… 4… 5 … 6… are you ****ing kidding me?!

4 rounds, point blank, to take out a seeker. 2 rounds hit to take the guard plate off of a runner’s fuel tank. 3 rounds to get a tick pod off of a Hunter. Etc etc etc…

This weapon is a freaking joke. The physics of a .50 cal AP round should put a hole in a FNIX hunter the size of a quarter… not bounce off into the bushes after scratching the tank. JHC, I’ve shot .50cal AP THROUGH steel plates.

I can understand here in the game that you can’t do much damage to an armored tank or harvester with one or two rounds, but holy crap, a .50 AP round should shred a seeker, blow pieces off a runner and at least punch holes in the Hunter

This is disappointing and embarrassing. You gotta do something here.

6 Likes

Agree. It’s useful against relay beacons (1 shot) and kind of nice to have x16 scope and big clip capacity. Also I found it useful to destroy tank’s guns from a long range. Other than that regular hunting rifle with a silencer is better. Not what I expected from .50 cal when compared to other guns in the game. But maybe it’s intended to not make it OP, since you can easily farm a lot of ammo

Agreed. The .50 is horrible other than being able to reach targets at extreme range. In terms of damage, it’s garbage.

I carry it because of the magazine capacity (18 rounds with a 5-star mag) and its ability to 1-shot relay beacons at ridiculous ranges without being overrun by robots guarding it. But honestly, it should be able to utterly destroy probes with a single shot, and yet I’ve had to shoot those bastards 2-4 times (at any range) in order to destroy them, which is ridiculous. And this is with a 5-star gun.

I like the balance of the other weapons for the most part, but the .50 is a dud when you consider what it should be able to do compared to the other smaller calibers.

i have to agree , whilst its range is great , its damage is poor for what it should do