A-10 Thunderbolt idea

1. My first idea is a A-10 Thunderbolt but hear my out before you roast me. I mean one where you cant drive it because that is unrealistic and it might make the game break. I was thinking you get a mission from a npc, paper or sos from a pilot stuck or hiding in the big military base. You go over and find a tank and 2 hunters military class searching the area for him. When you take them out.

You go over and talk to the guy. He tells you about him or how he got there and ask for a favor. He wants you to help him find a prototype a-10 thunderbolt(prototype because i dont think sweden had a warhog or thunderbolt) in the military base or a story about stealing it from a u.s. navy ship doesnt matter. After you find it he calls you on a walkie talkie saying a engine, wheel, and gasoline are needed.

You can get the engine in a military truck covered in hay inside a barn but of course need gas for the truck to move at the military base . The wheel in a bunker and the gasoline from a certain amount of cars like 20 or less idk. Im making this hard so its not easy to access and gives players something to do but anyway. Once you get all the stuff he will ask to wait a day so he can move the boxs and trucks out the way of the entrance. Once a day passes.

He asks again to protect him against 2 - 3 waves of robots and clear the base out of machines. Then finally gives you a green laser pointer with 6 batteries(uses 2 batteries every airstrike and can be found in loot pool) gets in ;turns on the plane then flies away. You now have a airstrike. But make sure it makes the brrrrrrrrrrrrrt sound. The laserpointer has 2 modes green for a big area of explosive damage with a 15 second cooldown that can instant kill level 2 and below machines, cripples level 3 machines to 30% of hp that temporary disables them and level 4 or rivals lose 15% hp.

The other mode is a blue laser for straight line of explosive damage but weaker that blinds the machines because of the smoke only effects hunters, seekers, runners and havester. Then the ideas that could balance the airstrike from being op is of course 2 new machines.

1. The artillery which is a 4 leg machine with a tank cannon in the middle. Weakpoints are the 2 landscape explosive barrel in the back and front of the body. Also scans the area with a laser that switches color when its about to shoot. Shoots from afar but wont aimbot you. It will follow you slowly then shoot behind you if you are still moving or pass you sometimes if behind cover. If u too close it drops gas or fire idk. This would keep you moving and watch out for this machines because they dont get distracted from the airstrike but flares yes. Also the artillery would be away from the others and from the blast radius of the airstrike. (Pic below)

2. The blimp which is a flying blimp with a spot light looking anywhere below. level 2 blimps and below start with 2 machine guns at the bottom and the level 3 and higher including rivals have 1 tank cannon with 1 machine gun or 1 tank cannon to be less op. Weakpoint is the propellers. Doesnt get distracted by airstrike but flares yes. (Pic below)

OpeningPic5_1_

2 Likes

That’s… Amazing. Have you thought about going into mission design?

2 Likes

There is a mission similar to this in the DLC Alpine Unrest, you come across a pilot yes, but her plane is a Swedish plane (forgot what it was, pretty sure it was an Obversby or an Oversby), you also take out a couple machines, then you find out the pilot survived and left a walkie talkie somewhere then you go and take it and mission resolved.
It would be interesting for a mission like this, say an a-10 flew to act as a scout and destroy outposts if necessary. However he got shot down and wants to repair his fighter and escape, this would probably go through a few missions such as gathering the materials, a couple things you said, and probably taking out the aa.
I would like this new abillity that you pointed out, but the devs might put a chance encouter where if you use the abillity too much in a short amount of time, the a-10 will get shot down and you have to do the whole mission tree all over again.
I would like these new machines, but you didn’t specify the classes of the artillery machine (Maybe proto doesn’t have gas and have weaker legs?) Also, rivals work by machines “evolving” and gain a bunch of health, and their weapons are even stronger than before. They could also regenerate damaged parts. They don’t gain new weapons.

1 Like

A-10 Thunderbolts and it´s “variants” were never sold to any other user than the U.S Military, so you could only expect Saabs from the Swedish air force.
The airstrike feature does not sound great within the GZ World.
I do like the artillery Machine variant, it would explain how the Machines can shoot down airplanes, by using an accurate Heavy Mobile Railgun platform.

1 Like

Haven’t played the dlc my bad. And i meant level 1s as prototypes, level 2 as military, level 3 as fnix and level 4 apoc to rival sorry for wording it weird. Your idea of the mission is cool too either one works. Oh last thing didnt know about the rivals system because i mostly loot and run away to save them up until endgame but thanks for the knowledge.

The idea i can live without like you said but i do want a new machine