A couple of things I wanted added in Gen Zero

1. That big island to open up

2. New machines

3. New weapons (bullpup assault rifle, desert eagle pistol, axe (melee), full auto shotgun, double barreled shotgun, crossbow, and a luger pistol)

4. The ability to swim or use boats, I lost a lot of firebird loot because it landed fairly deep in the water

3 Likes

Yes, I especially like the boat idea because you can open up whole new areas

And that’s why I don’t like it.

It wouldn’t match the whole story.

That can happen. But next time players would check if there is water near and lure the Firebird towards land before they would shoot it down.

It would be fun to use a boat, but the devs block players from getting to some of the bigger islands. If they add the ability to use boats, they will still have the invisible walls to keep players from those islands.

1 Like

Yes.
Of course there could be ways to include it without just driving against invisible walls and with adding some logic to it why there are no other boats / no allied ships.

There could be an invisible border between the accessible and inaccessible areas. If you pass it, your boat gets shot by artillery.

Or additionally there could be a countdown. 30 seconds on open water, then artillery strikes.

2 Likes

In addition to all that, the boats could be exceptionally rare to find, and/or found only at certain locations. Could only find one or three on the whole map. They could be fragile, easily damaged, or limited time use; inflatable boats, with leaks, or the potential for leaks at least. And if they’ve got an engine, you again have to worry about repairing the engine, refueling it, and the noise drawing attention of any machines along the coastlines…

It all depends what you mean with open water, if it mean close to other islands, then the fun part about cruising along the strait of Himfjällsundet or the Öberbyan River is lost, if we are shot down after 30 seconds. :coffee:

Good question.
I first thought we could explain it by the depth (color) of the water on the map.

But in this case the boat between Lennarts Marin and Himsundsbryggan would be a legal target while we could easily ship over to the island above Himfjäl.

Yeah, but the strait goes on beyond Himfjäll. Basically we should be able to cruise around Himfjäll and Ostertörn, but only 40/50 mtrs away from their shores.

1 Like

Yes.
Initially I thought it could be a way to also prevent players from going where they shouldn’t be able to go to, instead of having an invisible wall. :thinking: